Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Pharah one looks awesome. Flying ice demon.

Playing on King's Row is the most Christmassy I have felt so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Blizzard missed a great opportunity to make a Santa skin for Reinhardt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Sonics2k wrote: »

True, but hey at least we got Santa Torbjorn! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sonics2k wrote: »

Guessing it was a toss-up between him and Torbjorn and Reinhardt got a Halloween skin.

Tracer's skin bugs me. Probably because I have a weird dislike of elves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    Dunno. I just assumed it'd be the case where any loot boxes opened during the event would change to be winter ones so you can get winter items. I missed the summer games and Halloween events so wasn't sure.

If you buy loot boxes now will they be winter boxes or standard ones?

You can buy the Winter Boxes but there is still the option to buy the regular ones so just be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I don't get why they just can't do a skin for each character, you'd imagine they'd make more of a killing with the xmas loot crates if there were more rare skins/voice lines/intros added.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

madcabbage wrote: »
    I don't get why they just can't do a skin for each character, you'd imagine they'd make more of a killing with the xmas loot crates if there were more rare skins/voice lines/intros added.

I'd rather they didn't poison the loot well with loads of garbage half-a$$ed skins.

We already have Sprays and Player Icons and Voice Lines etc padding out the loot pool.

Give me 6-8 good skins any day over 22 of them done just for the sake of it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd rather they didn't poison the loot well with loads of garbage half-a$$ed skins.

FearfulHappyHeron-size_restricted.gif

Penn wrote: »
    FearfulHappyHeron-size_restricted.gif

She has sleeves now!

BOtsiDJ.png

I'm not saying there isn't cr@ppy pallette swap skins and stuff already.... I am just saying lets not have MORE of them

• Advertisement

Symmetra is now OP and you're talking about skins :mad:

Symmetra is now OP and you're talking about skins :mad:

I didn't get a chance to play with her yet, curse of being on Console and Destiny having an update yesterday too. That being said, I love playing Symettra, so yay! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I didn't get a chance to play with her yet, curse of being on Console and Destiny having an update yesterday too. That being said, I love playing Symettra, so yay! \o/

She is hugely improved, had so much fun with her new setup.

Need to get used to that moving barrier.

I've been playing her non-stop. Her primary fire melts enemies (like it always did) but the increased range coupled with the moving barrier allows you to close the distance far easier. Once it gets up to full charge, you can beat anyone. She's like Winston on steroids with less health. I killed 5 of the enemy team last night on Volskaya Industries by hiding, letting them pass, charging up on Zenyetta before melting Ana, Soldier, Zarya and Reinhardt. Granted they were all distracted and I fought them 1on1, but I can't think of any other hero I could have done that with. Maybe reaper.

The shield generator is insanely good. An extra 75 recharging health for everyone in a massive radius. I think the radius is too big at present. People still aren't aware of it so it rarely gets destroyed. If a point is captured, you can put down a brand new one in a better location. Very effective is both KotH games and payload. The teleport almost seems like a waste to put down.

Putting up a nest of turrets is so, so much quicker now. Quicker cooldown and you can hold a maximum of 6. Losing a group of 6 isn't a pain at all anymore. Just put them up where ever even to serve as small distractions.

I'm not sure where she fits into an overall composition to be honest. Does she replace a healer? I'm not sure, but her and two healers does seem excessive. I was getting at least silver in eliminations so she could replace a dps role. I imagine she will get worse as people figure her out more. At the moment people aren't intimidated and are getting stomped in 1v1's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played as her twice during some 1v1 mystery matches last night. Never really played as her before her update anyway but seems alright.

I got given out for playing her on Defence on Kings Row in Season 1.

I was told I was costing us the game. Even though I'd gold kills and gold damage done :pac:

People are f**king morons honestly.

Defence on Hybrid Maps was the ONLY time she was considered a good (meta) pick prior to the update

Her main primary weapon increases in damage level (7.5/15/30) every second to a maximum of 30 damage per hit (level 3). She does 4 hits per second. That is 120 damage per second. Solider would survive for less than two seconds at full power.

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Symmetra

I don't give two fecks who I annoy over the next few days because I'm going to be running around as Santa Torb giving out gifts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Liking how she changes the dynamic of some maps, Eichenwalde is a nightmare to attack the first point now if you face a tank heavy meta with her in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Liking how she changes the dynamic of some maps, Eichenwalde is a nightmare to attack the first point now if you face a tank heavy meta with her in the mix.

she was always monster there tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

she was always monster there tbh

Yep - held the first point a good few times with her there.

Rake of turrets on the bridge, spam alt fire straight through, then fall back and scatter turrets around the capture point if things get hairy.
    It's such a design-heavy map that there's tonnes of nooks and crannies for turrets to be placed out of sight.

Pharah on attack on Eichenwalde is so fun. You can hover all the way around the right side on point A and sneak up on the healer in the backlines. Works almost every time.

Lucio can wall ride all the way over too but that's not much use.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pharah on attack on Eichenwalde is so fun. You can hover all the way around the right side on point A and sneak up on the healer in the backlines. Works almost every time.

Lucio can wall ride all the way over too but that's not much use.

You can rocket jump over the building directly in front of the attack spawn on that map as well as Pharah.

It's so weird that you would pick that as an example of a changed dynamic, because the first point on Eichenwald was already the most one-sided slog in the game. I've had countless games there where the defender stomps the attackers before and after the flip.

Torbjorn and Symmetra on point B's can be a real pain now. 75 shields and 75 armour is a big chunk to get through before dealing actual damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

It's great seeing Sym creep her way back into the meta. Legit pick now IMO. People seem to be combining her with Torb now as well. Lads I dont know if I have everyone here for PS4?

DeadlyByDesign1 if you want to add me for season 3

Down to £25 which is cheap given Blizzard traditionally do not lower their games prices much (similar to Nintendo)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017NP8290/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't played Sym since the update but I would basically instalock her on first point defence for most maps. Being able to hold 6 turrets at once means she's far more mobile and the new ult is brilliant for point B defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Haven't played Sym since the update but I would basically instalock her on first point defence for most maps. Being able to hold 6 turrets at once means she's far more mobile and the new ult is brilliant for point B defence

It's all so good. Her extended range is absolutely brilliant as well, was able to microwave a low-flying Pharah a couple of times yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement