Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Junkrat is a decent Hero but I have to say, I'd say only about 10-15% of players are good/great with him. Despite 90%+ of players thinking they are awesome and adding so much value to the team.

It really comes down to how clever you are at using his Rip Tire. I don't use him much at all though as I can't predict his primary fire well enough :pac:

His tyre is the least important part of him tbh. His mine and trap are cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Junkrat is a decent Hero but I have to say, I'd say only about 10-15% of players are good/great with him. Despite 90%+ of players thinking they are awesome and adding so much value to the team.

It really comes down to how clever you are at using his Rip Tire. I don't use him much at all though as I can't predict his primary fire well enough :pac:

Riptire is grand as long as you use it from a height or short range. Too many people just drive it in a straight line expecting it to be ok. On maps with flanking space he's great fun to use. I love popping up behind an unsuspecting group and making them all explode ^_^

Agree to disagree.

There's a difference between having fun and it being straight up moronic and essentially wasting the time of the people who got teamed up with you

6 Soldier 76's? Fine
    6 Roadhogs? Fine

You want to pick 2 Torburns or Symettras on Defense on Kings Row? - Go Ahead
    On Attack? Since your primary ability is practically useless - Don't

Defense heros on Attack is just plain time wasting

Will avoid Solo queuing in No Limits in future. Mode is fairly cancerous. To the point of it seems people just got there to Troll not have fun

I think this is precisely what No Limits is for

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

the 3 tank meta is well and truly set in concrete this season lads. Don'tknow if anyone has noticed it or not.

the 3 tank meta is well and truly set in concrete this season lads. Don'tknow if anyone has noticed it or not.

I have, with 1 soldier too

• Advertisement

I have, with 1 soldier too

Yep,people are insta locking soldier a lot now. Ana is more in mix now. Basically s3 is looking like this

RH/DVA/Roadhog
    Soldier
    Lucio/Ana

You can substitute Ana for zen there either.

Yep,people are insta locking soldier a lot now. Ana is more in mix now. Basically s3 is looking like this

RH/DVA/Roadhog
    Soldier
    Lucio/Ana

You can substitute Ana for zen there either.

Ana in more often than not because of that biotic grenade nonsense.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ana in more often than not because of that biotic grenade nonsense.

That grenade really is nuts isn't it?

A tleast when it was a 2/2/2 meta in S2 there was a bit more room for diversity. Off tanks are crazy powerful now (and I say that as a DVA player). Itsthat bad now Reaper (the Tankbuster), can barely do his job anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

His tyre is the least important part of him tbh. His mine and trap are cracker

I've never had an issue Defending against a Mine or Trap on Attack due to their low range.

That grenade really is nuts isn't it?

A tleast when it was a 2/2/2 meta in S2 there was a bit more room for diversity. Off tanks are crazy powerful now (and I say that as a DVA player). Itsthat bad now Reaper (the Tankbuster), can barely do his job anymore

He cant, soldier melts faster, dva can solo reaper 9/10 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

All of this. Decided I'd try round out the Free Arcade loot boxes by playing No-Limits.... the was a Team of 2 Attack as Torbjorns on Anubis.... it was painful

The general rule of no limits is if two people pick tge sane character then everyone must also pick the same character.

Agree to disagree.

There's a difference between having fun and it being straight up moronic and essentially wasting the time of the people who got teamed up with you

6 Soldier 76's? Fine
    6 Roadhogs? Fine

You want to pick 2 Torburns or Symettras on Defense on Kings Row? - Go Ahead
    On Attack? Since your primary ability is practically useless - Don't

Defense heros on Attack is just plain time wasting

Will avoid Solo queuing in No Limits in future. Mode is fairly cancerous. To the point of it seems people just got there to Troll not have fun

Have you never heard of the Kill dozer? Five Torb turrets on the payload with a Winston shield :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

emmetkenny wrote:
    The general rule of no limits is if two people pick tge sane character then everyone must also pick the same character.

Etiquette demands that if anyone begins 'flashing' their character choice, everyone must choose the same character as a matter of urgency.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Etiquette demands that if anyone begins 'flashing' their character choice, everyone must choose the same character as a matter of urgency.

Most definitely.

You go six tracer they go six Winston we go six Reaper and so on :D

Speaking of etiquette, I liked skirmish a lot more when people weren't killing each other :(

Speaking of etiquette, I liked skirmish a lot more when people weren't killing each other :(

We'd a game in competitive the other day on Hanamura and smashed it on attack, both points taken in under 90s.

Enemy team couldn't break through the first point on attack for their go so the four stack left. We all went down and started waving at the two left and had a great time running around and sitting down, then their Hanzo turned evil and headsho me with 10 seconds to go :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We'd a game in competitive the other day on Hanamura and smashed it on attack, both points taken in under 90s.

Enemy team couldn't break through the first point on attack for their go so the four stack left. We all went down and started waving at the two left and had a great time running around and sitting down, then their Hanzo turned evil and headsho me with 10 seconds to go :(

I love those little interactions. When I first got Mei's snowman emote a group just sat around while I made little snowmen for them to look at. Then a roadhog hooked and cooked me and all hell broke loose. ****in' Roadhog man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I had one of those moments in Ilios. Took the point, looked around and couldn't see the enemy team or most my teammates. Went down the stairs to the right of the point and everyone was in the hot tub sitting down.

Was a pleasant 30 seconds or so before Hanzo (who else?) let a scatter arrow loose and chaos ensued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Played tonight for the first time since the patch hit.

Symetra is a ****ing beast on defense now :eek: Goes double for 'attack the point' maps.

Every single one that i used her on lead to the opposing team getting repeatedly annihilated before they could even get near point A, it caused a lot of ragequitting.

They'll pretty much have to nerf her now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Why? Just don't engage her at close range. The laser turrets are a pain though!

• Advertisement

Those games where you take the first point in about 40 seconds, immediately take the second point and then the other team have managed to get their ults up when you're about 0.83m away from winning and wipe you, which leads to a 10 minute slog.

Numbani is a bastard for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoying the 6v6 mystery duel. You can get really slammed with bad picks, but on Kings Row on Defence, they almost had the payload at the end when we ended up with a Roadhog, a Reinhardt, and 4 Mercys. Held them off for 3.5 minutes for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

madcabbage wrote: »
    Why? Just don't engage her at close range. The laser turrets are a pain though!

Nah her primary weapon is obnoxiously over-powered now. The range on it is bonkers. She doesn't have to aim and she can out-damage most characters, including Reaper (especially so given that he has to aim at her tiny hitbox and her magic-cannon locks onto him).

She also has a pretty big clip, and given that her damage increases over time, but carries between targets, she can annihilate four or five people without having to reload if she gets the drop on them. No other character, including the ones who are supposed to be ambush characters, can do anything like that.

I'm glad they remade her kit but they went a little too far in my opinion. Nerf Symmetra a bit, boost Sombra.

I also think Roadhog's hook is too obnoxious, as is Mei's ability to freeze people. Both are virtual death sentences against which there is no defense.

Zillah wrote: »
    I also think Roadhog's hook is too obnoxious, as is Mei's ability to freeze people. Both are virtual death sentences against which there is no defense.

Unless you're a support who isn't Lucio there's a fair few ways to cope with being hooked.

Unless the Roadhog screws up and is too slow to fire I'm not sure you have any options other than to eat a shotgun to the face.

There's not a huge amount of good road hogs around, so I usually spin to the side and start jumping. Confuses them. Depending on the softness of the character there's usually something that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Harika

I recently had the experience that I cannot kill the new Symetra after hooking with one shot, highly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Played a few games last night and twice the opposition Dva got 4 kills with her Ult. Haven't seen that since the first month or so, thought people knew how to hide from it now.

Zillah wrote: »
    Unless the Roadhog screws up and is too slow to fire I'm not sure you have any options other than to eat a shotgun to the face.

Also, hooking someone when you have no ammo.

My speciality.

• Advertisement

There's not a huge amount of good road hogs around, so I usually spin to the side and start jumping. Confuses them. Depending on the softness of the character there's usually something that can be done.

Are you on console or low SR or something? Most of the Roadhogs I find at 2500ish instantly execute anyone they hook. Even other tanks will go down to a follow up shot or two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement