Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Zillah wrote: »
    Are you on console or low SR or something? Most of the Roadhogs I find at 2500ish instantly execute anyone they hook. Even other tanks will go down to a follow up shot or two.

Maybe I just got mad skillzZz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've had a few 1v1 matches where even after I shoot, hook and shoot the other Roadhog, they then hook me and kill me with one straight hit. Was just googling Roadhog there and it seems he has a secondary fire for his scrap gun. Could that be how they're one-shotting me or maybe they're meleeing me right before firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Penn wrote: »
    I've had a few 1v1 matches where even after I shoot, hook and shoot the other Roadhog, they then hook me and kill me with one straight hit. Was just googling Roadhog there and it seems he has a secondary fire for his scrap gun. Could that be how they're one-shotting me or maybe they're meleeing me right before firing.

If I'm playing roadhog and I'm hooked by the enemy roadhog I usually get a shot away a fraction after they do, then hook and get an instant second shot...so waiting to be hooked seems to work in your favour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Secondary fire? As in the medium distance shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

...boost Sombra.

Who? :P

Don't think i saw her in a single competitive match i played all weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The secondary fire is weird. It travels to (I think) 8 meters and then bursts like a normal shotgun blast. It's just a medium range shot. Headshots matter, and you could have taken some damage already. I do find the 1v1s with Roadhogs to be weirdly random sometimes, though. Sometimes it feels like I have to hit then five times; others I annihilate them in two and I'm not sure how.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Who? :P

Don't think i saw her in a single competitive match i played all weekend.

The annoying thing is that I've practiced with Sombra a lot on Quick Play and I think she can be quite effective in some situations, but you absolutely cannot pick her in competitive because you will instantly have abuse hurled at you by a bunch of aggressive nerds and it won't matter in the slightest how well you do, you'll be blamed for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The secondary fire is weird. It travels to (I think) 8 meters and then bursts like a normal shotgun blast. It's just a medium range shot. Headshots matter, and you could have taken some damage already. I do find the 1v1s with Roadhogs to be weirdly random sometimes, though. Sometimes it feels like I have to hit then five times; others I annihilate them in two and I'm not sure how.

Goes without saying, I know, but make sure you headshot him after hooking.

There is a melee combo. You shoot and melee immediately afterwards. The melee animation cancels the firing animation so its like a double hit. Absolutely essential for roadhog hooks. Other heroes have similar combos involving animation cancels.

fixxxer wrote: »

Had no idea until a few hours ago he had a medium distance shot. I've only ever used R2 with him. I'm guessing the medium shot is L2. Will have to give him a few goes tonight, need to relearn him.
    There is a melee combo. You shoot and melee immediately afterwards. The melee animation cancels the firing animation so its like a double hit. Absolutely essential for roadhog hooks. Other heroes have similar combos involving animation cancels.

That explains it. Will have to look into it for myself. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »

single fire, hook, secondary fire mele. insta kill

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Went back after months and it was like I had never left :)

I was still middle of the road :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

That mystery hero gametype is hilarious, I got Hanzo on attack.
    Two kills with him, a personal best. I hate you Hanzo. :D

Anyone that hasn't tried it yet should give it a go.

That mystery hero gametype is hilarious, I got Hanzo on attack.
    Two kills with him, a personal best. I hate you Hanzo. :D

Anyone that hasn't tried it yet should give it a go.

Agreed. I got Mei last night in one game and absolutely f*cked up the other team with her despite rarely playing as her.

Swings and roundabouts because I get Widowmaker/Lucio/Torbjorn on attack far more than 76/McRee/Tanks, but that's the fun of it too I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Swings and roundabouts because I get Widowmaker/Lucio/Torbjorn on attack far more than 76/McRee/Tanks, but that's the fun of it too I suppose.

Yeah, it can be interesting trying to make yourself useful with an unfamiliar character.

That being said if i get Genji or Hanzo at the start of the game i'll just chuck myself off a cliff immediately :)

Yeah, it can be interesting trying to make yourself useful with an unfamiliar character.

That being said if i get Genji or Hanzo at the start of the game i'll just chuck myself off a cliff immediately :)

Yeah I got a Pharah at the start of one match in Kings Row and just killed myself within the spawn. Some people are great with Pharah and dealing with a good Pharah can be a right pain in the arse, but I'm absolutely terrible with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Oh god, I'm delighted I'm not the only one who is hopeless with them. There are heroes I am uncomfortable with but can still make some sort of an impact with, but not those two.

I don't mind Genji (although I'm not great with him), but I can't hit sh*t with Hanzo. Hell I barely even do any damage with the scatter arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I don't mind Genji (although I'm not great with him), but I can't hit sh*t with Hanzo. Hell I barely even do any damage with the scatter arrow.

Should play custom games against Ana bots and work on leading your shots, helps a lot on working on refining your aim. Very good for McCree too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just finished a game in which we had two guys queuing together, who went as Hanzo and Genji for attack and defence. Checked their profiles afterwards and one had 12 hours on Hanzo and the next highest was 39 minutes on Torbjorn. The other was pretty much the same for Genji.

I also had silver elims as Lucio :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Honestly, Hanzo is one of my most hated videogame characters ever.

Everything about him is garbage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

J. Marston wrote: »
    Honestly, Hanzo is one of my most hated videogame characters ever.

Everything about him is garbage.
    A well played Hanzo is death on two feet; problem is most players can't do a good enough job (inc. me!)...

Personally for randoms I try to do my best on every character but Hanzo, Genji, Zarya etc. I simply suck (but as Zenyatta, Mercy etc. I can be deadly) :(

Nody wrote: »
    A well played Hanzo is death on two feet; problem is most players can't do a good enough job (inc. me!)...

Personally for randoms I try to do my best on every character but Hanzo, Genji, Zarya etc. I simply suck (but as Zenyatta, Mercy etc. I can be deadly) :(

What is a well played Hanzo though? All I ever see from every single one of them is strafing in and out of a corner blindly firing arrows and then one-shotting someone by firing at the ground (the most bullshít ability in the game). The only reason people rack up kills on him is because his arrow's hitboxes are absurd.

I am dug in on this opinion and nothing will change my mind. Hanzo is garbage!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What is a well played Hanzo though?
    This is a well played Hanzo.

Or this guy:

Overwatch's first gay character was revealed in a new comic. You won't BELIEVE who it is!

Clickbait aside, it's
    Tracer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Overwatch's first gay character was revealed in a new comic. You won't BELIEVE who it is!

Clickbait aside, it's
    Tracer.

In a complete surprise to no one.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

The Overwatch forums are in meltdown with that story. For goodness sake, people get risen over just about anything these days! :mad:

madcabbage wrote: »
    The Overwatch forums are in meltdown with that story. For goodness sake, people get risen over just about anything these days! :mad:

Some of my favourite quotes:
    There is nothing wrong that Tracer is gay, but that you choose to release this information during the Christmas season, amounts to nothing less that than having a gay pride parade inside the vatican.
    we are going to get a trans hero then a bi hero then a muslim hero then a jew until every single hero is non white non straight and non christian . its never going to stop since blizzard just bends over to sjw's in tumblr ranting about the game they dont even play .
    Hurr durr we are too scared of the LBGT retards saying we are bad hurr durr lets break someones character just for that hurr durrr

Hurr durr, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My fave one I robbed from Reddit
    I mean I don't have a problem with straight characters, I just feel like showing men with their wives is just SJW pandering and trying to seem "diverse" for no reason. Like it's fine to be heterosexual but don't shove it down our throats.

• Advertisement

Thankfully all of the hideous posts are being downvoted to oblivion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement