Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Opened 4 loot boxes, out of 16 items I got 3 blues and 13 grey items. Don't think my luck is in right now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

J. Marston wrote: »
    Competitive is a bit of a bore. Same comps every game. Lucio/Ana dominate almost every aspect of the game.
    That is why quickplay is better, it's more about having a good time and trying out new Heroes than being the best.
    Still get some tryhards but not too many. In my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That is why quickplay is better, it's more about having a good time and trying out new Heroes than being the best.
    Still get some tryhards but not too many. In my experience anyway

Yeah, I've been trying out Sombra a lot lately. Getting to like her a bit more although I checked my win percentage with her and it's something like 35% so I'm certainly not successful with her.

Got dog's abuse over the mic from someone when i picked her for a match in competitive last week!

Sombra is a game changer when you get the hang of her. I think her damage output is pretty good in close quarters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sombre is a really intuitive carachter to use, I like her a lot.

Not sure what to make of Symmetra since her update. I like her moving shield much more than the previous little shields.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sombre is a really intuitive carachter to use, I like her a lot.

Not sure what to make of Symmetra since her update. I like her moving shield much more than the previous little shields.
    Yeah she is probably my fave character after Mercy and Pharah.

She's an animal in close quarters. On a team of four Symmetras three put down shield generators and one put down a teleporter.
    I was a Mercy that had nearly 400 health. They would just charge in and melt everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I"ve managed to get my Sombra win % up to 49% in Quick Play (crawling up from 30%), but I really don't think she's ready for Competitive. Unless you're already winning. In which case you could play pretty much anything.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Competitive is a bit of a bore. Same comps every game. Lucio/Ana dominate almost every aspect of the game.

I'm starting to agree. You can't pick anything out of the ordinary without people losing their **** and throwing the game.

"peek luusio"

"...peek luusio "

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This was my second quad kill in the same match with Symetra :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sometimes I get Reinhardt to work:
    https://youtu.be/-CrRF07ifB4

Sometimes I don't:
    https://youtu.be/QZB0so5oKJw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

emmetkenny wrote: »

This was my second quad kill in the same match with Symetra :pac:

Link not working?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Link not working?

Should be working there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm starting to agree. You can't pick anything out of the ordinary without people losing their **** and throwing the game.

Anna boosts and Lucio gets you there quick. They give your team the best edge

On PS4 there will be regularly people complaining about being on a terrible team and 90% of the time they're pretty standard players themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Grayditch wrote: »
    On PS4 there will be regularly people complaining about being on a terrible team and 90% of the time they're pretty standard players themselves.
    But is that not similar to 90% of drivers thinking they are better than your average driver? People simply are poor at judging their own performance vs. the rest/when they are being carried.

It's just something I've noticed. Main culprits would be Tracers and Soldiers 76 players moaning on the mic. I hear a good few Genji's but if I'm honest a lot of the moaney Genji's are pretty lethal and just hit getting any cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Grayditch wrote:
    It's just something I've noticed. Main culprits would be Tracers and Soldiers 76 players moaning on the mic. I hear a good few Genji's but if I'm honest a lot of the moaney Genji's are pretty lethal and just hit getting any cover.

You hear people on mic on PS4?

How? How did you achieve this?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    You hear people on mic on PS4?

How? How did you achieve this?

Haha. About one out of 5 games in competitive. Almost always complaining. Sometimes a really enthusiastic German child. Same one every time I think. Probabay getting paired with the same pool of misfits every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Party chat has ruined any chance of coming across people who'll talk in game on consoles. Kinda sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

5 free winter loot boxes from Blizzard as an Xmas reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is "Group up" that difficult a concept to understand? Numpties running in 6v1, what do they actually expect to do? Wipe the entire the team by themselves?

I'm almost at Platinum now after climbing from 2100 or thereabouts.

2493 with a 62% winrate as a Lucio main.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Grayditch wrote:
    Haha. About one out of 5 games in competitive. Almost always complaining. Sometimes a really enthusiastic German child. Same one every time I think. Probabay getting paired with the same pool of misfits every time.

Ha, I'm sure I've played with that same child.

I've only had two spontaneous, positive verbal encounters in many hours of play. I hope Blizzard think of a way of making it more mainstream in the future, similar to how great the 'R1 to group up' feature in the latest patch is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Ha, I'm sure I've played with that same child.

I've only had two spontaneous, positive verbal encounters in many hours of play. I hope Blizzard think of a way of making it more mainstream in the future, similar to how great the 'R1 to group up' feature in the latest patch is.

It's a brilliant feature. A quick option to switch from Party Chat to Game Chat from the lobby might be a good option. I like to keep in a party but also let others hear us chat and respond to others. Actually there might be an option in the party for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Finally got to diamond level, and now constantly paired with diamond or master players. Some of these people are insanely good. One Reinhardt kept pushing way ahead of the payload. Normally that woukd result in instant death, which it did, but for the other team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Symetra is such a low skill hero now, always was i suppose but really needs little to no skill and OP as hell.

I don't play Reinhardt that often but we needed a tank yesterday so I tried my best...

q3hF7QB.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dcully wrote: »
    Symetra is such a low skill hero now, always was i suppose but really needs little to no skill and OP as hell.

She's easier to play now but she still takes cop on to play. Lots of people think they play her great but can't and think gold in kills is doing great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement