Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dcully wrote: »
    Symetra is such a low skill hero now, always was i suppose but really needs little to no skill and OP as hell.

Don't think a support should be capable of dishing out the damage she's capable of. She's probably a better tank buster than Reaper right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't think a support should be capable of dishing out the damage she's capable of. She's probably a better tank buster than Reaper right now.

She is but that's because of the boost to dva. Dva which is a must pick can blocks reapers everything but can't block sym. Also soldier does reapers job better than reaper which is stupid. I think they will revert soldier back to his old dmg soon

She can't beat any tank 1v1 except maybe Zarya

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

She can't solo Mai either (I froze at about 50% health, Mei at 30%) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Symetra? She can if you charge up on squishies first.

• Advertisement

Avoid roadhoggs hook an hop around you'll melt him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't remember the last time I won a game on attack Hanamura. Pretty much a guaranteed win on defence but a guaranteed loss on attack for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Symmetra is a bit of a big risk to pick in competitive . If you have a good start and get your ult up quick, it's a huge advantage, but seeing a Winston or Tracer wipe all your turrets in the first 5 seconds of a game leaves you a little useless on Payload.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can't remember the last time I won a game on attack Hanamura. Pretty much a guaranteed win on defence but a guaranteed loss on attack for me.

A good Mei/Rein combo on defence makes its very difficult to break through the wall to the first point especially if you shut them out on the hole up top.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Symmetra is a bit of a big risk to pick in competitive . If you have a good start and get your ult up quick, it's a huge advantage, but seeing a Winston or Tracer wipe all your turrets in the first 5 seconds of a game leaves you a little useless on Payload.

Sym just needs a bit of cop on and map awareness. Is she good on this map? For instance hanemourA I'll put them on the pillar near the health pack on the left. Usually pops a soldier. Then get busted but will slow the push down so you can place them all inside the choke point. I like a 4 near main entrance and 2 under the high right as a warning system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think she's fine for the static defence points, but the reverse Payloads like Dorado can be a nightmare in competitive. They are the ones that need a teleporter the most though, so reward is high.

First point isn't that bad. We usually get a Pharah to fly over top on the left and concussion blast the enemy Reinhard back to our team, we all pile on him then and finish him quick. It's easy enough after that.

If we don't have a Pharah we will get our Reinhard to charge the enemy Reinhard but we will discord enemy and harmony and bubble our Reinhard so he survives the charge. I then speed boost everyone else in and make a push for the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well I've lost a few on defence recently on Mystery Heroes because people won't get back TO THE F*CKING POINT!

Nothing like waiting to respawn to see what idiots your teammates are. Have caught some emoting at each other just outside the spawn, placing sprays outside the spawn (which isn't too bad, but then they stand there, move slightly and use their spray again to try make it line up with something else), I've seen McCrees/Zaryas/others run to the right of point B while point A was being contested even though they can't get to Point A from there, I've seen Widowmakers and Hanzos stand outside the capture zone thinking they can somehow kill two Roadhogs and a Zarya before they can take the point and I've seen countless others chasing enemies outside of Point B while Point B is being captured/contested.

Get on the f*cking objective because even if you die you might be able to hold it long enough or do enough damage that someone else can finish them off or get there to contest it.

Penn wrote: »
    Well I've lost a few on defence recently on Mystery Heroes because people won't get back TO THE F*CKING POINT!

Nothing like waiting to respawn to see what idiots your teammates are. Have caught some emoting at each other just outside the spawn, placing sprays outside the spawn (which isn't too bad, but then they stand there, move slightly and use their spray again to try make it line up with something else), I've seen McCrees/Zaryas/others run to the right of point B while point A was being contested even though they can't get to Point A from there, I've seen Widowmakers and Hanzos stand outside the capture zone thinking they can somehow kill two Roadhogs and a Zarya before they can take the point and I've seen countless others chasing enemies outside of Point B while Point B is being captured/contested.

Get on the f*cking objective because even if you die you might be able to hold it long enough or do enough damage that someone else can finish them off or get there to contest it.

Mystery Hero's is a bit different in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't play Reinhardt that often but we needed a tank yesterday so I tried my best...

That's some amazing Reinhardt stats. Were you playing with people you know? Teach me Senpai.

I have better games in my group. When I play with randomers its impossible to get people to group up or stay behind the shield. I like to push forward when possible instead of remaining static but it should be obvious to the team that Reinhardt isn't going to be super fast.

Mystery Hero's is a bit different in fairness.

Mystery hero's is usually swung in the attackers favour tbf. Oh they get an Anna two rein and some dvas.....We get 3 widows and two hanzos super

Mystery hero's is usually swung in the attackers favour tbf. Oh they get an Anna two rein and some dvas.....We get 3 widows and two hanzos super

Had the opposite on Hanamura last night. They ended up with two Reinhardts, two Mercys a Bastion and a Torbjorn.

It was a bloodbath :(

fixxxer wrote: »
    That's some amazing Reinhardt stats. Were you playing with people you know? Teach me Senpai.

I have better games in my group. When I play with randomers its impossible to get people to group up or stay behind the shield. I like to push forward when possible instead of remaining static but it should be obvious to the team that Reinhardt isn't going to be super fast.

Yea play ith a few guys I used to play COD with and a few others.

One is a great Rein, other guy is brilliant at Mei/Pharah/Zarya. I got the game much later than them so only played a few games in season 1 and ranked solo for season 2. I've been playing a good bit more with them this season and got to 2574 on Monday, we usually play as a 3/4 stack.

I'd a great battle with the enemy Rein in the game I posted above. One of the best I've ever had in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just had a match on kings row an hour ago where we were getting sh*t picks until the checkpoint on defence. Then we ended up with 3 DVas, a Zarya, a Zenyatta and me as Mercy. We pretty much held them at that point for about 4 minutes without any of us dying.

Though one DVa kept running off after them then spamming I Need Healing as if I was going to run after them and risk not being able to heal the others. Course a Tracer for them was then able to kill the DVa, get their Ult and blinked past the rest to stick me with the pulse bomb. Still managed to hold them off for two minutes for the win.

Mystery Heroes doesn't favour either side over the other, because then in the next match when we were on attack, we had two Bastions on the payload, two 76s, a Zenyatta and a DVa.

Penn wrote: »
    Just had a match on kings row an hour ago where we were getting sh*t picks until the checkpoint on defence. Then we ended up with 3 DVas, a Zarya, a Zenyatta and me as Mercy. We pretty much held them at that point for about 4 minutes without any of us dying.

Though one DVa kept running off after them then spamming I Need Healing as if I was going to run after them and risk not being able to heal the others. Course a Tracer for them was then able to kill the DVa, get their Ult and blinked past the rest to stick me with the pulse bomb. Still managed to hold them off for two minutes for the win.

Mystery Heroes doesn't favour either side over the other, because then in the next match when we were on attack, we had two Bastions on the payload, two 76s, a Zenyatta and a DVa.

Easier to chuck yerself off a cliff to take first points for a new char as attack IMO if you take point 1 you usually have a decent comp

• Advertisement

Yea play ith a few guys I used to play COD with and a few others.

One is a great Rein, other guy is brilliant at Mei/Pharah/Zarya. I got the game much later than them so only played a few games in season 1 and ranked solo for season 2. I've been playing a good bit more with them this season and got to 2574 on Monday, we usually play as a 3/4 stack.

I'd a great battle with the enemy Rein in the game I posted above. One of the best I've ever had in the game.

Yeah I like that level for Reinhardt, the narrow corridors are fun.

https://youtu.be/xJB5ikWY9Ig

I think I'll only pick him when playing with friends now though. I keep getting left behind or shredded by a tracer without support. Very irritating.

I really think blizzard need to drop dvas health back down. She's now an instant lock with rein and then roadhogg. That's half your team picked before the game starts. I find the lack of variation a bit annoying. Still enjoy the game immensely but having no variation sucks

I really think blizzard need to drop dvas health back down. She's now an instant lock with rein and then roadhogg. That's half your team picked before the game starts. I find the lack of variation a bit annoying. Still enjoy the game immensely but having no variation sucks

DVa has armour as part of her health pool doesn't she? Maybe if they removed that armour and just gave her normal health that might help?

Yeah I like that level for Reinhardt, the narrow corridors are fun.

https://youtu.be/xJB5ikWY9Ig

I think I'll only pick him when playing with friends now though. I keep getting left behind or shredded by a tracer without support. Very irritating.

What do you play on?

Your team shouldn't be ploughing ahead without you and should be grouping up around you. If they do run off and leave you and you want to Tank just switch to a Hog or something that can self heal.

What do you play on?

Your team shouldn't be ploughing ahead without you and should be grouping up around you. If they do run off and leave you and you want to Tank just switch to a Hog or something that can self heal.

Playing on PS4. Might be the lack of people using microphones is partly to blame. But yeah, might be time to brush up on my Roadhog skills.

Playing on PS4. Might be the lack of people using microphones is partly to blame. But yeah, might be time to brush up on my Roadhog skills.

There's a few lads from Destiny playing Overwatch on PS4.

Cormac is definitely playing anyway. I think his GT is Generic Dreadhead

DVa has armour as part of her health pool doesn't she? Maybe if they removed that armour and just gave her normal health that might help?

She does not the problem last patch they increased either armour or health by 100 but it made her able to solo a repercussions which is silly. Reapers supposd to be a tank buster

She does not the problem last patch they increased either armour or health by 100 but it made her able to solo a repercussions which is silly. Reapers supposd to be a tank buster

Dva matrix cancells projectiles though so Reaper is a poor counter to Dva no matter what health she has.

Edit: I mentioned the armour because I was under the impression that armour reduced incoming damage by 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Zarya still melts D.va and with Symmetra being played all the time now that's another hard counter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Edit: I mentioned the armour because I was under the impression that armour reduced incoming damage by 20%
    50% but pellets still deal a minimum of 5 points of damage (Reaper does 2 to 7 damage per pellet depending on distance and 20 pellets per shot).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement