Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Dva matrix cancells projectiles though so Reaper is a poor counter to Dva no matter what health she has.

Edit: I mentioned the armour because I was under the impression that armour reduced incoming damage by 20%
    What reaper player worth his salt ever attacks a tank head on??? I think I'm proving my point about DPS chars not actually being DPS considering tanks counters are either a tank or a support char

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tonight is p!ssing me off no end. Getting lumped in with quitters and people without a basic understanding of the game and it's characters :/(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They really need to figure out the XP better. I got more XP for losing a 1v1 mystery battle 5-2 than I did for winning one 5-0 with 3 perfects against someone almost 30 levels higher than me.

Penn wrote: »
    They really need to figure out the XP better. I got more XP for losing a 1v1 mystery battle 5-2 than I did for winning one 5-0 with 3 perfects against someone almost 30 levels higher than me.

Xp has no reflection on skill. Sorry I read this wrong. Maybe you did more/got more medals/first win of the day bonus

Xp has no reflection on skill. Sorry I read this wrong. Maybe you did more/got more medals/first win of the day bonus

Yeah I think it might have been more overall damage done or self healing done. Same has happened for team games where you get more xp for games which go on longer (therefore more eliminations/damage/healing) than games where you do really well and take both points very quickly. There should be rewards for not just winning, but winning well.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think it might have been more overall damage done or self healing done. Same has happened for team games where you get more xp for games which go on longer (therefore more eliminations/damage/healing) than games where you do really well and take both points very quickly. There should be rewards for not just winning, but winning well.

How can a game judge if you win well or if the other team are just terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Have had a bad run in competitive over the holidays. Some players in this game would really break your heart.

I was pharah on Volskaya. While my team were happy to sit at the chokepoint trading bullets with the enemy rein/dva, I was sneaking behind and blasting the rein out of position to break the blockade, but nothing was happening. Snuck around, killed two healers and the rein with my ulti and ran straight to point A. Would my team, mostly alive, help to capture it? No. They ignored me and decided to chase the enemy dva around the building that was outside the chokepoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Have had a bad run in competitive over the holidays. Some players in this game would really break your heart.

I was pharah on Volskaya. While my team were happy to sit at the chokepoint trading bullets with the enemy rein/dva, I was sneaking behind and blasting the rein out of position to break the blockade, but nothing was happening. Snuck around, killed two healers and the rein with my ulti and ran straight to point A. Would my team, mostly alive, help to capture it? No. They ignored me and decided to chase the enemy dva around the building that was outside the chokepoint.

Had the exact same situation in Eichenwalde with Pharah on Point A. Flanked around the right. Took three out, including their Mercy, with the ultimate. Was just about to get to the point before McCree killed me.

Still, it was 5v3 and they had no healer and 3 of our 5 had ultimates ready. Just bloody rush them! But nope, Hanzo was too busy playing peek-a-boo blind shots at Reinhardt's shield and the rest of them were doing feck all.

I've never been more tempted to just start walling people into spawn with Mei.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is there any benefit to linking my battle.net account to the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »

Is there any reason not to link it?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote:
    Is there any reason not to link it?

If you dont know just say so.

Where is the cheapest place to get a digital copy for PC does anyone know?

If you dont know just say so.

Where is the cheapest place to get a digital copy for PC does anyone know?

No it was an honest question. Is there a reason not to link it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If you want comprehensive stats, link it to ; http://masteroverwatch.com/

Very good website if you're looking to compare with friends or top 100 players.
    Linking your PS4 will keep your record up to date as you play. Nice little feature, https://www.overbuff.com/ is another one to use. Graphs and trends to read, great to have if you want to improve your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

the new "stay as a team" option is amazing. i found a good team and we went 6/7 wins.

emmetkenny wrote:
    No it was an honest question. Is there a reason not to link it?

Ah ok. I thought i coukd sync skins and achievements across to pc but it seems to be for tracking stats only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There's a few lads from Destiny playing Overwatch on PS4.

Cormac is definitely playing anyway. I think his GT is Generic Dreadhead

Indeed, (but all one word so: GenericDreadHead) there's been a bit of a surge in players being more active now since Destiny has gotten quieter and people pick up OW for X-mass on the (relatively) cheap.

Easier to get a group of 3 or 4 going from the Chat now without using Randoms. Matchmaking is an absolute mess when you're trying to get a game going, if it's based on Player Level we could have a group at like 20, 50, 85, 150 and 220 and it's just Skirmish - Reinstancing - Skirmish for aaaaagggggggggeeeeeees :(

It's nigh on impossible to run this 3 Tank Meta without a decent Ana but we're having a good bit of success with: Zarya, Lucio, Zenyatta, Mei, D.Va/Rheinheart and Soldier/Pharah,

Despite doing a lot of solo queueing myself in Comp (with moderate Gold-Platnium success) I'm getting really sick and salty of it (and that's despite me usually playing Tank or Support) so getting even 2 Tanks and 1.5 Healers is a breath of fresh air. Had a night where we won like 9 games in a row in QP and it felt good since Comp has kicked my a$$ this season

Winter Mystery has been a god send in getting used to characters I don't normally play. Really happy with it, especially since there was some free loot boxes for it. :)

I think Comp in a 6 stack is actually pretty tough usually down to being matchmade against another (better, more experienced and orchestrated) 6 stack. If you go in as a group of 2 or 3 you end up with 3 random Genji/McCree/Hanzo/Sombra dopes. So it seems, for now on PS4, its best for us to play either Solo or in a group of 4 cause you can mitigate slightly against 2 idiots and hopefully not get trounced by a 5 stack.

Having been playing this game a lot more recently while I've been really loud and Vocal about comboing Ults, only recently (with the composition above) have we had success. Having 2 AOE Ults (Zarya and Mei) and using Pharah/Soldier/Rheinheart/D.Va with them has been game changing, especially being able to essentially do it twice

Anyway, haven't been on Boards for 2 weeks and thats my rant since I've been knee deep in Overwatch :D

Indeed, (but all one word so: GenericDreadHead) there's been a bit of a surge in players being more active now since Destiny has gotten quieter and people pick up OW for X-mass on the (relatively) cheap.

Easier to get a group of 3 or 4 going from the Chat now without using Randoms. Matchmaking is an absolute mess when you're trying to get a game going, if it's based on Player Level we could have a group at like 20, 50, 85, 150 and 220 and it's just Skirmish - Reinstancing - Skirmish for aaaaagggggggggeeeeeees :(

It's nigh on impossible to run this 3 Tank Meta without a decent Ana but we're having a good bit of success with: Zarya, Lucio, Zenyatta, Mei, D.Va/Rheinheart and Soldier/Pharah,

Despite doing a lot of solo queueing myself in Comp (with moderate Gold-Platnium success) I'm getting really sick and salty of it (and that's despite me usually playing Tank or Support) so getting even 2 Tanks and 1.5 Healers is a breath of fresh air. Had a night where we won like 9 games in a row in QP and it felt good since Comp has kicked my a$$ this season

Winter Mystery has been a god send in getting used to characters I don't normally play. Really happy with it, especially since there was some free loot boxes for it. :)

I think Comp in a 6 stack is actually pretty tough usually down to being matchmade against another (better, more experienced and orchestrated) 6 stack. If you go in as a group of 2 or 3 you end up with 3 random Genji/McCree/Hanzo/Sombra dopes. So it seems, for now on PS4, its best for us to play either Solo or in a group of 4 cause you can mitigate slightly against 2 idiots and hopefully not get trounced by a 5 stack.

Having been playing this game a lot more recently while I've been really loud and Vocal about comboing Ults, only recently (with the composition above) have we had success. Having 2 AOE Ults (Zarya and Mei) and using Pharah/Soldier/Rheinheart/D.Va with them has been game changing, especially being able to essentially do it twice

Anyway, haven't been on Boards for 2 weeks and thats my rant since I've been knee deep in Overwatch :D

I think a four stack is the way to go. Your minimising the risk of a crazy pick/crazy player and usually the four of you can work together and negate any poor choices they make somewhat.

I main Lucio so I heal 95% of games and usually only change if a randomer takes him first. After that I'll play Zen or whatever else the lads need.

You can disable Skirmish in the options.

I think a four stack is the way to go. Your minimising the risk of a crazy pick/crazy player and usually the four of you can work together and negate any poor choices they make somewhat.

Yeah, 4 Stack seems to be the sweet spot, and when one of those 2 blue locks in a Tank or Healer it's just swell.
    I main Lucio so I heal 95% of games and usually only change if a randomer takes him first. After that I'll play Zen or whatever else the lads need.

Lucio is one of only (maybe?) 5 Heros I cannot really play and (like Genji) that is probably down to not remapping Jump to Right Analogue R3.... well that and playing as Lucio kind of Bores the T!ts off me tbh. As one of the lad was saybing "All I'm doing is existing"
    You can disable Skirmish in the options.

Yeah, might do this. Sometimes it's handy if I'm in a group with level 15-50 players who still want to try out new people, but honestly, I do all my "try xyz" in Mystery heros and so it's become infuriating for the 3 or 4 more experienced players at this stage, like it's trolling us leaving skirmish to the main menu to rejoin another skirmish. Does Skirmish quicker matchmaking any what?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

when one of those 2 blue locks in a Tank or Healer it's just swell.

In my experience they seem to go for Genji or Hanzo most often :mad:

This season has been particularly tough, not sure if it's just the current meta or whether the shuffling in rankings as exposed me to a lot more of my betters.

Been sticking to QP and Mystery Heroes mostly.

I can't stop playing Mystery Heroes and 1v1 to the point where I think I'd struggle for a while going back to QP where I'd actually have to think about what character I'm choosing and get used to the maps again. Mystery Heroes has just been so much fun. I really hope with the Winter Event over they just extend it to all maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'll try and be on tonight for some comp or qp.

In my experience they seem to go for Genji or Hanzo most often :mad:

This season has been particularly tough, not sure if it's just the current meta or whether the shuffling in rankings as exposed me to a lot more of my betters.

Been sticking to QP and Mystery Heroes mostly.

Jump in with us some evening always space for a rather large hog :pac:

Yeah, 4 Stack seems to be the sweet spot, and when one of those 2 blue locks in a Tank or Healer it's just swell.

Lucio is one of only (maybe?) 5 Heros I cannot really play and (like Genji) that is probably down to not remapping Jump to Right Analogue R3.... well that and playing as Lucio kind of Bores the T!ts off me tbh. As one of the lad was saybing "All I'm doing is existing"

Yeah, might do this. Sometimes it's handy if I'm in a group with level 15-50 players who still want to try out new people, but honestly, I do all my "try xyz" in Mystery heros and so it's become infuriating for the 3 or 4 more experienced players at this stage, like it's trolling us leaving skirmish to the main menu to rejoin another skirmish. Does Skirmish quicker matchmaking any what?

It's a bit more than existing. Once you've played him for a while you really see where he shines.

A big thing is knowing when to speed or heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It's a bit more than existing. Once you've played him for a while you really see where he shines.

A big thing is knowing when to speed or heal.

Either way, it's an extremely passive role to play. The only saving grace someone like Reinhardt has is that occasionally you get to explode in a devastating wave of destruction and wreck the enemy. Lucio's gun is so weak, you can spray people in the face at point blank and they're all "Sure, call me in ten minutes and we'll see if you can get a kill". I sometimes feel like shooting towards the enemy is mostly for appearances, like a couple hits from his gun are going to make any damned difference. The only active thing for Lucio to enjoy is the relatively rare chance to boop someone off a cliff.

By contrast Ana can shut down ults with her sleep dart, do surprisingly high damage at short and long range, dump grenades on top of the enemy which hurts them and shuts down their own healing, all on top of being able to dish out huge healing bursts. Not to mention her ult allowing you to break some of the strongest front lines.

I love having Lucio on my team but fucked if I understand how anyone enjoys it.

Zillah wrote: »
    Either way, it's an extremely passive role to play. The only saving grace someone like Reinhardt has is that occasionally you get to explode in a devastating wave of destruction and wreck the enemy. Lucio's gun is so weak, you can spray people in the face at point blank and they're all "Sure, call me in ten minutes and we'll see if you can get a kill". I sometimes feel like shooting towards the enemy is mostly for appearances, like a couple hits from his gun are going to make any damned difference. The only active thing for Lucio to enjoy is the relatively rare chance to boop someone off a cliff.

By contrast Ana can shut down ults with her sleep dart, do surprisingly high damage at short and long range, dump grenades on top of the enemy which hurts them and shuts down their own healing, all on top of being able to dish out huge healing bursts. Not to mention her ult allowing you to break some of the strongest front lines.

I love annoying the enemy by jumping around the payload :D

Zillah wrote: »

Played as Lucio on Defence on Kings Row last night. Have to say, while I normally do crap as him, he can be very effective. Absolutely, his gun does weak damage, but as a sheer annoyance and even just shaving a few HP off an enemy to help out others it can be pretty good. Coupled with being able to heal numerous teammates passively, with a boost that has a pretty small cooldown is also great. His ult also allows for numerous teammates to give a rush charge to break enemy lines.

I like playing as Ana as the sleep dart and biotic grenades are class, but can be a pain in the hole trying to heal a teammate who is moving around or another (usually fully healed) teammate getting in the way. Ult is also more easily wasted (few days ago I ulted a Reinhardt who proceeded to stand there with shield up). Plus there's nothing worse than missing with the sleep dart.

If I wanted to spend a lot of time jumping around from place to place doing nothing but just existing and occasionally shooting something very lightly I'd pick up No Mans Sky

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Given his mobility, I always found Luchio's best when annoying enemy tanks and drawing their attention with his "not terribly powerful, but powerful enough to make you notice after a couple of full burst hits" gun. He's there to keep the team healed and dishing out damage, these are his 2 modus operandi and he'll never be a run & gun despite his movement style helping you think like you're meant to play him that way.

Played as Lucio on Defence on Kings Row last night. Have to say, while I normally do crap as him, he can be very effective. Absolutely, his gun does weak damage, but as a sheer annoyance and even just shaving a few HP off an enemy to help out others it can be pretty good. Coupled with being able to heal numerous teammates passively, with a boost that has a pretty small cooldown is also great. His ult also allows for numerous teammates to give a rush charge to break enemy lines.

I like playing as Ana as the sleep dart and biotic grenades are class, but can be a pain in the hole trying to heal a teammate who is moving around or another (usually fully healed) teammate getting in the way. Ult is also more easily wasted (few days ago I ulted a Reinhardt who proceeded to stand there with shield up). Plus there's nothing worse than missing with the sleep dart.

I got Nanoboosted twice in the one match by a random Anna the other night. I didn't know what to do :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lucio is a quintessential Overwatch carachter and really represents why the game is so different to most other shooters for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement