Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got Nanoboosted twice in the one match by a random Anna the other night. I didn't know what to do :pac:

If you get nanoboosted, no matter who are, you go on a one man mission to wipe the other team!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does mapping jump to R3 really make a big difference with Lucio? Must try it later on so. He can be as passive as you like but as someone else mentioned buzzing around Tanks to annoy them into a mistake is a good tactic to try when you can. Also bopping characters out of the capture point to make defending/capturing slightly easier.

The most fun thing to do with Lucio is to use speedboost, run through the enemy reinhardt's shield and boop him towards your team. It can be the catalyst which breaks a deadlock at the usual choke points. If you can coordinate that with a some friendly shielding (Zarya/Symmetra), it can be somewhat risk free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Penn wrote: »
    few days ago I ulted a Reinhardt who proceeded to stand there with shield up

You need to choose your moment. I was playing Rein on defense at Hanamura, and our Ana boosted me at a random moment when there wasn't even a big push from the attackers. I took a few swipes at the ones nearby and then sat behind the shield for the rest of it, because it was a stupid waste of an ult, and all I would do by going on a rampage would get myself killed. We had the gate, I would have gained nothing by pushing through to their side. He kind of gave out to me for wasting his nano and I told him it was his timing that was terrible. Keep it for a moment where getting the upper hand will make or break the conflict, not as soon as the icon lights up.

Then again your Rein could have been stupid.

Zillah wrote: »
    You need to choose your moment. I was playing Rein on defense at Hanamura, and our Ana boosted me at a random moment when there wasn't even a big push from the attackers. I took a few swipes at the ones nearby and then sat behind the shield for the rest of it, because it was a stupid waste of an ult, and all I would do by going on a rampage would get myself killed. We had the gate, I would have gained nothing by pushing through to their side. He kind of gave out to me for wasting his nano and I told him it was his timing that was terrible. Keep it for a moment where getting the upper hand will make or break the conflict, not as soon as the icon lights up.

Then again your Rein could have been stupid.

I play as Rein all the time and I'm constantly telling Ana's not to use her ult on me. Since the speed movement nerf, he isn't very good with it. He used to be a wrecking ball, now he's like a midget kept at arms reach. Every hero can run backwards firing. Only use it on me if I'm already in the thick of it. It's used far better on other heroes now who can also have an exit strategy if things get hairy (Winston).

• Advertisement

I have his jump set to L2. Makes wallriding and aiming possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    I have his jump set to L2. Makes wallriding and aiming possible.

Why L2 over R3 as a matter of interest? Muscle memory having melee at R3 on other heroes? Or have you played Bumper Jumper in other games?

I play as Rein all the time and I'm constantly telling Ana's not to use her ult on me. Since the speed movement nerf, he isn't very good with it. He used to be a wrecking ball, now he's like a midget kept at arms reach. Every hero can run backwards firing. Only use it on me if I'm already in the thick of it. It's used far better on other heroes now who can also have an exit strategy if things get hairy (Winston).

I think he is still a good target, especially if he's got his ult. Nano boost, hammer down, fire strike, smash smash smash, charge. He can end an entire team. None of the other tanks are worth boosting, and while many of the dps characters could do well, they're also very fragile while holding a glowing sign over their heads screaming "kill me immediately". At least Rein has the HP/armour to soak up the counter attack, and a nice large outline for Ana to pump health into.

I nano boost Lucio 20% of the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Why L2 over R3 as a matter of interest? Muscle memory having melee at R3 on other heroes? Or have you played Bumper Jumper in other games?

I find it easier to wall ride and aim when it's L2 as well. In fact I avoid having any ability assigned to R3 when possible as I often hit R3 by mistake when aiming.

I've never liked clicking in R3 for any game for some reason. X is the natural jump button but that doesn't work for Lucio so L2 will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Space-bar works better lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you get nanoboosted, no matter who are, you go on a one man mission to wipe the other team!

I was Lucio :pac:

Might try that later so. Would make him somewhat more interesting to play

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What's the best button to map Pharah's hover button (currently X on PS4) to? Find it a pain in the hole trying to hover and shoot as her.

What's the best button to map Pharah's hover button (currently X on PS4) to? Find it a pain in the hole trying to hover and shoot as her.

I find L2 the best. Iirc, it's R2 for rockets, R1 for concussion blast, L1 for jump boost and L2 for hover.

I was Lucio :pac:
    No excuse. Get in there and do your job!

I have it on L2. I had it on default X for so long and I was playing claw-handed shooting and hovering with her.

L2 is so much easier.

I have it on L2. I had it on default X for so long and I was playing claw-handed shooting and hovering with her.

L2 is so much easier.

It was only me and Anna the first time. I killed one of their guys before the rest murdered me :(

Emmet didn't get the team wipe as Lucio clearly.

Reported him to the site admins :P

L2 is so much easier.

I think it's there by default as an optional 2nd way of hovering, unless I'm wrong. (on PS4 here)

Also with Pharah, doing bursts with L2 is better than holding it down, means you never have to touch the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Benzino wrote: »
    I find L2 the best. Iirc, it's R2 for rockets, R1 for concussion blast, L1 for jump boost and L2 for hover.

Ah, forgot she has nothing mapped to L2. Have also switched Mercy and Torb's weapon switch to L2. Don't know why they'd use Right by default with nothing mapped to L2.

Ah, forgot she has nothing mapped to L2. Have also switched Mercy and Torb's weapon switch to L2. Don't know why they'd use Right by default with nothing mapped to L2.

With Mercy, pretty sure L2 (by default) is used to slow down how fast she falls. Which is pretty useful especially when following a Pharah.

• Advertisement

Space-bar works better lads ;)

The pros actually use right click or mouse wheel down. I used mouse wheel down for bunny hopping in counter strike; totally impossible using space bar.

Switch Mercys heal/power boost to a toggle on/off. Much easier to play her that way.

Switch Mercys heal/power boost to a toggle on/off. Much easier to play her that way.

F**k I really need to go in and look at the options more. So much wasted energy :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

fixxxer wrote: »
    Does mapping jump to R3 really make a big difference with Lucio? Must try it later on so. He can be as passive as you like but as someone else mentioned buzzing around Tanks to annoy them into a mistake is a good tactic to try when you can. Also bopping characters out of the capture point to make defending/capturing slightly easier.

I tried it on R3, but I'm heavy handed, so I was hitting it by accident. I switched jump to left Trigger, the sonic Blast to R3 and Melee to X.

Sometimes I hit the sonic blast thing by accident and I never use Melee with him, so it works out.

I also have jump on LT with Winston.

Can you set a different control set up for each character?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

fixxxer wrote: »
    Can you set a different control set up for each character?

Yep, with different sensitivities too. Like for me, it's good to have Winston's and Symmetra's rather high because accuracy isn't an issue but turn speed is.

Grayditch wrote:
    Yep, with different sensitivities too. Like for me, it's good to have Winston's and Symmetra's rather high because accuracy isn't an issue but turn speed is.

Mind blown. Time to visit the options menu!

What's a good sensitivity to play Widowmaker at? I'm shíte at sniping but I want to try a few new characters to change things up.

What's a good sensitivity to play Widowmaker at? I'm shíte at sniping but I want to try a few new characters to change things up.

Low for sniping. Yes you can pick a different sensitivity depending on whether you're zoomed in or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Picked up OW over the Xmas break and just started into it today. It's great craic so far. Trying to get a feel for the many characters; decided to stick with healers since most games went by without one. Started with Mercy but she was useless when I had no support from my random teammates. Went on to Ana who is much more fun with her offensive ability. She can be a nightmare to heal with when your own players are jumping around!

I've noticed that playing with randoms can be a bit of a head wreck. Tried two games of Mei's Snowball Offensive and on both games people quit out (spectators most likely) just before the game is won, and you're sent back to the lobby without a win. Blizzard should put in a penalty for quitting out, similar to their WOW penalty for leaving a Battleground early.

I won't start on about teammates who ignore the objective...

Edit: went on to start a third game of Snowball and just as we left the starting room, a single player quits from the other team. Instant "reinstancing". Bugger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement