Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble accessing some websites

Options
  • 07-11-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum but feel free to move it if not.

Basically, the last 2 months or so (it seems to have coincided with the expiry of my McAfee subscription - I've since got AVG free) I've not been able to access my Netflix on my internet explorer and chrome browsers. Any time I try to get on to it, it will allow me on the website and to select a film/tv show but it won't load. I keep getting an error message M7083-2107.

I've googled it and followed all the instructions (I was told to disable all the chrome extensions) but to no avail.

I rang up Netflix and they couldn't resolve it. They did say that they could see me trying to access it from my laptop but that it was showing up as an American IP address. I have used VPNs and proxies recently (such as Hola extension) to access US content but I got rid of those months ago.

Has anyone any ideas? Could the VPN's/Proxies have changed my settings thereby making it more difficult for me to access netflix?

Netflix doesn't seem to be the only problem website. I can't seem to access the Fifa Ultimate Team App for fifa 15 and rte player videos won't play (it's telling me that I need to disable my adblock software which I can't seem to find!).

I should add that I can access all of these sites on my mobile devices on the same wifi so I'm assuming it's not a problem with the ISP (Eircom nextgen broadband).

Any help is much appreciated. I've been trying to fix this for the past month. It's getting extremely frustrating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Not sure if this is the correct forum but feel free to move it if not.

Basically, the last 2 months or so (it seems to have coincided with the expiry of my McAfee subscription - I've since got AVG free) I've not been able to access my Netflix on my internet explorer and chrome browsers. Any time I try to get on to it, it will allow me on the website and to select a film/tv show but it won't load. I keep getting an error message M7083-2107.

I've googled it and followed all the instructions (I was told to disable all the chrome extensions) but to no avail.

I rang up Netflix and they couldn't resolve it. They did say that they could see me trying to access it from my laptop but that it was showing up as an American IP address. I have used VPNs and proxies recently (such as Hola extension) to access US content but I got rid of those months ago.

Has anyone any ideas? Could the VPN's/Proxies have changed my settings thereby making it more difficult for me to access netflix?

Netflix doesn't seem to be the only problem website. I can't seem to access the Fifa Ultimate Team App for fifa 15 and rte player videos won't play (it's telling me that I need to disable my adblock software which I can't seem to find!).

I should add that I can access all of these sites on my mobile devices on the same wifi so I'm assuming it's not a problem with the ISP (Eircom nextgen broadband).

Any help is much appreciated. I've been trying to fix this for the past month. It's getting extremely frustrating.

Open Internet Explorer and go to its settings... Go to connections and landing settings... Are there any settings in there or is it set to automatic?
    Any custom DNS settings applied to your lan connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

It's set to automatic. Doesn't seem to be any custom settings that I can see.

Advertisement