Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What when they are barking?

• 07-11-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Here's the situation: whole family is leaving, someone to work, someone to school. Two dogs stays at home (rented apartment or house). So, they are alone whole day since family is coming back late. What if they will bark and bother neighbours? Is that thrue that some owners made some operation so dog barks but noone hears :)...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I really hope you are not asking what I think you are asking.

If you are worried about your dogs being bored and barking during the day then walk them before the family goes to work/school, leave them in the house and get a dog walker to walk them during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 splitcro

Toulouse wrote: »
    I really hope you are not asking what I think you are asking.

If you are worried about your dogs being bored and barking during the day then walk them before the family goes to work/school, leave them in the house and get a dog walker to walk them during the day.

No, of course not, I am strictly against all operations (except when saving life) including tail cutting, ears and so on...
    Question is what if dogs barking and neighbours complaining about that...dog walker is a good idea...otherwise, morning and evening walk will not help at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

You could try doggy day care. Its pricey but I do think it would help. I know you can get deals for a full week (i.e. 5 days) for around €50.

If your against that idea, if you were me, I would bring them for an intense walk in the morning (throw a ball, go running or cycling with your dog) and tire them out. Give them a kong full of frozen dog food/peanut butter/pate whatever they fancy when you leave. Then, after an hour or so of them getting all the frozen food out, plus after their intense walk they would be tuckered out and will hopefully fall asleep for a few hours. At least then if they do wake up and start barking, it wont be all day!

Or find some local kid in your area who wants to make a bit of extra pocket money and who you will trust to walk the dogs. Or even sit in the house for the company for an hour or so. It will make a world of difference.

Advertisement