Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you stream/torrent sport/movies?

• 07-11-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

With cheap movie and sport streaming options now online do you still stream/torrent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, of course not.

>>
    <<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I record all the movies on RTE on my VCR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Yes. Do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ssshhhhh your not aloud talk about that naughty stuff on the internet!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah I try to watch sports events by climbing up a tall tree and watching the action with a set of binonoculars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Joo0 wrote: »
    With cheap movie and sport streaming options now online do you still stream/torrent?

Do you OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Oh no. I ain't falling for that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

With free movie and sport streaming options now online do you still stream/torrent?

Ftfy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Amazon instant video for the legal stuff. . .and other thingies for eh. . .the other stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Yes, I stream the living fuck out of everything. I take particular pride in being able to stream live GAA abroad despite the GAA thinking they can charge me 14 god damn euros for the privilege.

I won't apologise for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

No i am a law abiding citizen

^^^^^

Above statement may or may not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Buying DVDs/Blu-rays costs money, Netflix costs money, "torrenting" movies is FREE...you do the math.

I haven't paid for a movie in nearly 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

What legal sports streaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

TV yes, movies sometimes but I go to the cinema a lot so I've already paid to see it. Sports not so much, the Superbowl maybe or the odd UFC fight. Have netflix and use spotify/itunes for music so it's not all piracy.

*Awaits high horse brigade telling us we're all filthy thieves*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm not paying ~€15 for two Sky Sports Day Passes just to watch one Grand Prix weekend. When the BBC aren't showing the full action from the weekend, of course I'm going to stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No, I don't stream or torrent copyrighted content.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I stream sports, and torrent movies/shows/games everyday!

Come at me!

I even downloaded a book once!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yep, don't even have a TV sub anymore, no point in paying for Sky when I can download everything I want to watch, when I want to watch it.

UPC 120gig internet, and in fairness, they do send down 17 free channels analogue which does the wife for the soaps and Jermey Kyle or whatever, but I can watch everything whenever I like.

My brother has a Sky sub, and I use his SkyGo to watch football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hi Garda McGettigan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

keith16 wrote: »
    Yes, I stream the living fuck out of everything. I take particular pride in being able to stream live GAA abroad despite the GAA thinking they can charge me 14 god damn euros for the privilege.

This. The GAA always talk about promoting the game abroad but they don't make it very easy for us to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Where are you streaming live gaa from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Yep, don't even have a TV sub anymore, no point in paying for Sky when I can download everything I want to watch, when I want to watch it.

UPC 120gig internet, and in fairness, they do send down 17 free channels analogue which does the wife for the soaps and Jermey Kyle or whatever, but I can watch everything whenever I like.

My brother has a Sky sub, and I use his SkyGo to watch football.

120 gig d/load cap or?...

Jelly of the sky go also, used to do the same but they got rid of sky sports :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I stream electricity up onto the grid for 60 cents a kW and but it back at 20 cents a kW so I can be even more in front when I torrent movies and the PayPerViews, Poker I stream from Pokerstars.TV

You mean to tell me some people pay for things. Being a true Aussie I just get what I can for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Brego888 wrote: »

I get mine from RTE with a little help from a ghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Brego888 wrote: »
    theteal wrote: »
    I get mine from RTE with a little help from a ghost

Yeah, I use the friendly ghost too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

Not really live, 30-40 seconds behind the satellite signal..you could get a text about a score thirty seconds before you see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Torrents and Dreambox all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I try to stick to Netflix but some things aren't on it or it can be slow to get updated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Calibos wrote: »
    What legal sports streaming?

Bein sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I try to stick to Netflix but some things aren't on it or it can be slow to get updated.

And there is some amount of shyte there. I only subscribe to it so I can feel less guilty about streaming illegally.

Like others here I don't even have a TV subscription. I used to torrent but since I got the showbox app and a chromecast I don't even do that. The only time I see adverts now is on youtube (Or if some fecker here puts a link to the indo)

If there were a legal service like showbox I'd pay a lot more than I'm paying for netflix just to get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

To pay is to fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Yeah of course i do, i have netflix, itunes, prime and fightpass and i still find a need to. Example living in the UK how else am i gonna see the Ireland rubgy today ?

Yeah of course i do, i have netflix, itunes, prime and fightpass and i still find a need to. Example living in the UK how else am i gonna see the Ireland rubgy today ?

:confused:
    Pay for sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Tugboats wrote: »
    :confused:
    Pay for sky sports

Why ? i pay for plenty as is, and i have sky but don't want to pay for the sports as i can get it elsewhere and wouldn't use it

Why ? i pay for plenty as is, and i have sky but don't want to pay for the sports as i can get it elsewhere and wouldn't use it

I agree but earlier you tried to justify your streaming by saying you have no other choice in the Uk to watch the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

There are 2 types of people in this world: people who stream/torrent and people who are liars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Getting Sky Sports on a decent package deal (£150 for 10 months with Virgin Media) has greatly reduced our streaming needs, but will still stream something if it isn't being televised here (Chicago Marathon was the last thing I streamed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Only sport. My sport consumption rarely consists of more than one rugby match per week and I refuse to pay for two different sports packages, on top of my TV license and standard Sky package, to get it. That kind of greed ruined soccer and it's in the process of ruining rugby too.
    I'll occasionally look for a dodgy PDF copy of a book, but only if the author is dead. The vast majority of my reading is paid for or legally free.
    I've never illegally streamed a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smurph90

Absolutely, Have all the sports channels and I still dont get to watch the team I support 90% of the time but americans have full access to all UK matches so there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Of course I stream.... Was even tapping into someone else's broadband for 2 years to do so....thieving barsteward that I am!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Pretty much every sporting thing I need to watch is on Sky. The very odd time I might stream a movie.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I'm steaming the Liverpool Chelsea match as we speak. Sky took box sets off me cause I wouldn't upgrade to a HD sub. I'll take their sports for free as compensation.

Sanity is bringing me a combo box so it'll goodbye Sky for good. Netflix sub will be my only media contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Boris Pecker

Sport and old films but not new ones.

Don't see the attraction of downloading a film a month or so before it's released just to see it as soon as you can.

Surely seeing something like Interstellar on a big screen for example, is worth shelling out the cash for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Ssshhhhh your not aloud talk about that naughty stuff on the internet!.
    Can we whisper it?

Currently have Hulu Plus and Netflix and will be getting HBO Go and Amazon Instant in the coming months. Hulu covers pretty much all my TV needs and it's far handier to be able to turn on my PlayStation and watch last nights American TV. Sure it has the annoyance of ads but they're short and I recently discovered that if you skip back and forth early on 9 times out of 10 the episode will play without ads. Hulu is also fantastic due to the presence if the Criterion collection in it. You have access to some of the greatest films ever made and anyone with an interest in cinema will be in heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Do you OP?

Looks like we'll be waiting on this one Corvus.

Advertisement