Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car parked in front of drive, can't leave.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

pookiesboo wrote: »
    and how exactly was I supposed to "try harder" to find them?! knocked on their door several times. What would you have done?

You assumed it was that door? Could it have been a visitor to another house?

It has happened here a few times, knocking on a few doors has always sorted it with no drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

and how exactly was I supposed to "try harder" to find them?! knocked on their door several times. What would you have done?

Don't mind him, he's just being a prick for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

testicle wrote: »

you should know mr testicle :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

You assumed it was that door? Could it have been a visitor to another house?

It has happened here a few times, knocking on a few doors has always sorted it with no drama.

since new people moved in the car has been parked outside theirs or close by. Even if silver car was visiting another neighbour (which they weren't) there was ample parking outside any neighbours house.

testicle wrote: »

I just can't understand how this is seen as a big problem, and why it has had some seriously daft responses.

Find the owner, ask them to move the car. That really is all there is to it.

I just can't understand how this is seen as a big problem, and why it has had some seriously daft responses.

so it wouldn't have been "a problem" for you if you couldn't drive out of your drive because someone parked in front of it.

Tried to "find the owner" which I've said four or five times already but they were either out or not answering their door (pretty sure its the latter).

Not all the responses were daft, I didn't know the guards would tow it away free of charge which is good to know if it happens again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You may not value your free time, I do. I'd have better things to do than go looking for some twat who parked blocking my driveway. Could they not have rang my bell and asked if I minded, and told me how to reach them if I needed to get out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

:p
    police-use-a-battering-ram-in-operation-kansas-to-hammer-down-a-suspect-s-door-698989679.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well whoopdie fcuking dooda. Why didn't we think of that? Oh no, wait, we did!
    Op went over, knocked several times, no response. Well that's you plan shagged then. Why do you now wade in when its all over and resolved with your big ideas?
    Go be helpful somewhere else if you don't have any helpful advise.

• Advertisement

You may not value your free time, I do. I'd have better things to do than go looking for some twat who parked blocking my driveway. Could they not have rang my bell and asked if I minded, and told me how to reach them if I needed to get out?

Better things such as consulting the internet for daft suggestions? That's an even bigger waste of time than actually dealing with the problem directly. That was my point. I'd didn't say being blocked in isn't a problem, I said getting it sorted shouldn't be.

Better things such as consulting the internet for daft suggestions? That's an even bigger waste of time than actually dealing with the problem directly. That was my point. I'd didn't say being blocked in isn't a problem, I said getting it sorted shouldn't be.

But it wasn't. You might as well tell the losing football team "all you had to is win, its easy!". Life isn't straightforward and easy all the time, if you have been on this planet for more than 5 minutes you might have noticed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

corktina wrote: »
    we had to knock up the neighbours
    giggity.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Renier

Have it towed away. The ignorant assholes will soon enough learn their lesson.

But it wasn't. You might as well tell the losing football team "all you had to is win, its easy!". Life isn't straightforward and easy all the time, if you have been on this planet for more than 5 minutes you might have noticed that.

These suggestions seem to have been ignored...
    Knock on a few neighbours doors and ask. Some people just don't have common sense and if you politely remind them it should sort it.
    Nekarsulm wrote: »
    shake it around and see if you can set off the alarm. Hopefully owner will appear.
    ba_barabus wrote: »
    Call the cops. They can get it towed at this hour for causing an obstruction

EDIT: Sorry, not ignored - not acted upon.

I started this thread and was happy with the responses so hardly "a waste of time".

As for your last line "getting it sorted" well that was obviously a problem which is why I started a thread in the first place. I knocked throughout the night on their door and they never answered which you seem to forget anytime you make a point so it was hardly easy to sort out.

If the fact I "consulted the internet" is bothering you so much why are you still reading through the thread and replying. Just move on.

• Advertisement

I started this thread and was happy with the responses so hardly "a waste of time".

As for your last line "getting it sorted" well that was obviously a problem which is why I started a thread in the first place. I knocked throughout the night on their door and they never answered which you seem to forget anytime you make a point so it was hardly easy to sort out.

If the fact I "consulted the internet" is bothering you so much why are you still reading through the thread and replying. Just move on.

Yep. Will do, I'll leave you to it. I'm sure it will happen again, and it's completely up to you whether you take the good advice already offered or not.

Good luck with it (sincerely).

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

If it happen again I'd also stick a note on their car as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Why should the O.P. have to find the owner of the car. The car shouldn't be there in the first place.
    What part of "It Should Not Be There" do you not get?
    It's an inconsiderate A$$hole that thinks it's ok to park their car in front of another person's driveway, more so when the O.P.'s car is in the driveway, and fu@ks off without letting them know how to be contacted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

time to "unfollow " me thinks.......... seems to have developed into typical "after hours" territory

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

arnt the guards busy with water....if ya need to get out ya have to call them, totaly illegal to park at anybody,s entrance .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

If their are no registration plates on the car, the cops have to come and take it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sorry if this is the wrong forum (it probably is) but what do I do with a car that is parked in front of my drive since today. It was there today when I came back and I had to park away from my house. When it left after an hour or so I pulled into my drive. Went to drop my boyfriend off tonight and the car is now right in front of entrance to my house so I cant leave. Its been there for a few hours now even though right across the street is a car park and also they could have parked anywhere else on my road but chose to in front of a drive where they have now enclosed a car.
    Call the guards they will get it towed

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Volvoair

call the cops.tell them you NEED to get out at a certain time tonight. if you dont give a good reason the will fob you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's ok everyone the op got out this morning car was gone when she was up.

She did leave it there though and really should have called cops but it was a good ending she got out no hassel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Dont worry abour relationships with neighbours. Decent people dont block someones gateway.
    Far as i know its not allowed
    The gardai would be the best to call. Let them have a chat with the owner.
    Should put a stop to it. If you dont do something they'll continue to act like the thoughtless anti social cretins they appear to be.

Yep. Will do, I'll leave you to it. I'm sure it will happen again, and it's completely up to you whether you take the good advice already offered or not.

Good luck with it (sincerely).

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. AH this way
    >

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement