Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online payments

Options
  • 08-11-2014 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find the cheapest way to accept payments for an online store.Values will be between 10 - 150 euro per transaction and expect approx 10 transactions per day .

Has anyone any experience or suggestions of how this works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We use Paypal and Stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It may not be the cheapest but people know and trust PayPal and that is pretty important of you want them to do business with you online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Realex might be your best bet. A flat €29/month for up to 350 transactions and then an excess of 12c.

http://www.realexpayments.ie/business-offering

You'll need a merchant bank account.

PayPal is the easiest to set up but their commission is very high at 3.4%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Paypal is very easy to setup, but unless you're doing volume the transaction fees are quite high.

Getting your own merchant account is the best option and use Realex to process the payments for you, but if you're just starting out that might not be easy. Best to talk to your bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

scwazrh wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the cheapest way to accept payments for an online store.Values will be between 10 - 150 euro per transaction and expect approx 10 transactions per day .

Has anyone any experience or suggestions of how this works?

I don;t want to sound negative, but 10 transactions a day for a new webstore would be very optimistic unless you are plannign substantial marketing.

Online is crowded with stores and customers have very little loyalty.

I set up a supplementary site to a fairly decent site I have (150-200 orders a week, but has taken 4 years to get there) - it has the brands, it targets women, but orders came in at a trickle for the first 6 months and even now I expect it will be another year before I see 100+ orders a week - and that will be with great seo and google ranking.

So, probably best with just paypal for the first few months as any other method will have a minimum charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement