Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city of sanctuary

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    cousin has been working in abu dhabi last couple of years. has had enough of it. his synopsis of the locals, lazy and ignorant! worrying as this is coming from a well traveled, well educated and very open minded young man! is this what we ll be dealing with in the future here?

Yep. Look across the water......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

7upfree wrote: »
    Actually I do. Keep to themselves and prefer to stay on their own. You see, the use of the word "ignorance" here is supposed to dispel any doubts, concerns, or worries (legitimate or otherwise) than the mainstream population has.

Rather than investigating their history in other countries (UK etc) and seeing the devastating impact in many areas, people prefer to call people who raise these issue "ignorant" rather than examining the cold, hard facts.

Gullible doesn't even cover it.

I dont need to investigate. I live in the UK and everyday I buy food, clothes, technology equipment or taxi rides from Muslims with no issue what so ever. Would you believe sometimes I even go as far to have a chat with these Muslims and would you believe - they actually chat back. I see muslim kids playing with non muslim kids and I see muslim and non muslim teenagers hanging around with each other.

Yes there are poor muslim areas with their problems but then again there are absolutely scummy native English areas with the worst type of scum imaginable.

Don't call me gullible as I have more experience with these people then you do and am basing my opinion on actual real life experiences. You seem to be just getting your opinions from the sun newspaper.

Also while we are on integration, what about the Chinese? There's some Chinese people that have been in Ireland for over 30 years and can't speak a word of English. I suppose their alright though cause they are not Muslims.

O Riain wrote: »
    I dont need to investigate. I live in the UK and everyday I buy food, clothes, technology equipment or taxi rides from Muslims with no issue what so ever. Would you believe sometimes I even go as far to have a chat with these Muslims and would you believe - they actually chat back. I see muslim kids playing with non muslim kids and I see muslim and non muslim teenagers hanging around with each other.

Yes there are poor muslim areas with their problems but then again there are absolutely scummy native English areas with the worst type of scum imaginable.

Don't call me gullible as I have more experience with these people then you do and am basing my opinion on actual real life experiences. You seem to be just getting your opinions from the sun newspaper.

Also while we are on integration, what about the Chinese? There's some Chinese people that have been in Ireland for over 30 years and can't speak a word of English. I suppose their alright though cause they are not Muslims.

You call people ignorant? Then become indignant when your gullibility is pointed out? Strange outlook.

Yes, I have also bought from Muslims. Only did so last Sunday. Wished him a happy Christmas. He blanked me. When in Rome indeed.

Look, the reality is - and I can post any amount of evidence - is that, in the main, the majority choose not to integrate - but to castigate the very ones giving them shelter from what they have allegedly "fled".

This is not a culture - it is a control system buried in Middle Ages BS. And incompatible with Western values.

PS I wouldn't use the Sun to light the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Here again you're expressing a very supercilious attitude. Look at me, Nobody knows Muslims like I do ! I doubt anybody here are getting their opinions from the sun newspaper, it would be an insult to their intelligence.

I have provided a source from the telegraph, however it does not suit your narrative.

Here again you're expressing a very supercilious attitude. Look at me, Nobody knows Muslims like I do ! I doubt anybody here are getting their opinions from the sun newspaper, it would be an insult to their intelligence.

I have provided a source from the telegraph, however it does not suit your narrative.

Look all I was saying is I know Muslims and I interact with them everyday. None of the ones I know seem to fit this terroristic, lazy, non compliant image being spoken about here. I haven't really replied to you because there was some logic in what you were saying (even though I don't agree with ya). Some of the other responses have no reason or logic and are borderline racist (if not completely). Those were the ones I was replying to and I realise its not going anywhere.

• Advertisement

Look all I was saying is I know Muslims and I interact with them everyday. None of the ones I know seem to fit this terroristic, lazy, non compliant image being spoken about here. I haven't really replied to you because there was some logic in what you were saying (even though I don't agree with ya). Some of the other responses have no reason or logic and are borderline racist (if not completely). Those were the ones I was replying to and I realise its not going anywhere.

We're not trying to demonise Muslims, we're just saying that there is currently some integration problems, if they like to live in Ireland I don't mind as long as they conform to how we live. Simple as that.

We're not trying to demonise Muslims, we're just saying that there is currently some integration problems, if they like to live in Ireland I don't mind as long as they conform to how we live. Simple as that.

Exactly. Most dress as if they're still in the desert, treat their wives like crap, and, at the core of it, are still part of a belief system that encourages all sorts of Middle Ages practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KilJkG5Ndks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

7upfree wrote: »
    Exactly. Most dress as if they're still in the desert, treat their wives like crap, and, at the core of it, are still part of a belief system that encourages all sorts of Middle Ages practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KilJkG5Ndks

i think we need to start looking at why so many westerners are flocking towards extreme groups like isis. why are they doing so? what is going wrong in our own societies? i personally believe we are slowly creating a society of no hope for people via our economic and financial systems. we have some serious fundamental problems with our private banking system thats debt based. this isnt sustainable.

id be telling that chap at the end of that video to head off! shoving a bible in me face! move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

i think we need to start looking at why so many westerners are flocking towards extreme groups like isis. why are they doing so? what is going wrong in our own societies? i personally believe we are slowly creating a society of no hope for people via our economic and financial systems. we have some serious fundamental problems with our private banking system thats debt based. this isnt sustainable.

id be telling that chap at the end of that video to head off! shoving a bible in me face! move on!

Being a believer that all religions are just cults getting into the minds of vulnerable people (no offence to religious people) I would say it's less to do with economic issues and more to do with the people themselves. Especially that they choose extremists over something like Buddhism or the likes.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Being a believer that all religions are just cults getting into the minds of vulnerable people (no offence to religious people) I would say it's less to do with economic issues and more to do with the people themselves. Especially that they choose extremists over something like Buddhism or the likes.

put enough pressure on a person that has accumulated a lot of debt, and bad things will happen! they will make very poor judgments and decisions. i do think individuals involved in groups like isis are showing signs of psychotic behaviour so it probably is partly due to the individuals as well. messy messy stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

put enough pressure on a person that has accumulated a lot of debt, and bad things will happen! they will make very poor judgments and decisions. i do think individuals involved in groups like isis are showing signs of psychotic behaviour so it probably is partly due to the individuals as well. messy messy stuff

If somebody has accumulated a lot of debt they already have made poor judgement and decisions. Joining up with a group of psychotic nut jobs is a major escalation though.

If somebody has accumulated a lot of debt they already have made poor judgement and decisions. Joining up with a group of psychotic nut jobs is a major escalation though.

fair point but its not entirely due to the individual. we have created a monster of a financial and economic system that is largely debt based. money is actually created through debt, i.e. we have monetized debt. this system is almost a train wreck at this stage. we ve created a system in which we actually dont have full control of. i.e. id put more blame on the system for peoples debt problems than them themselves. apologies, im running now so dont have time to get into this and i barely understand it as it is. id highly recommend economists such as ellen brown(signature), bill black, ha-joon chang etc. theyd do a far better job of explaining it than i can but it is a very complicated problem.

Rigorously brainwashed from an early age. The worrying thing is that the "refugee crisis" will allow that "religion" to gain a foothold here. Do we really want to replace Catholicism with a far more aggressive and deadly version?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Wait until we get Irish Traveller Muslims.

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Wait until we get Irish Traveller Muslims.

"I'm gonna issue a fatwa for that fat wan"

You may not be, but Sprite Zero is 100% trying to. Making out that every single muslim is a lazy, terrorist wife beater who drives a camel to work. They even went as far to complain about the blank expression they got from a Muslim when they wished him happy Christmas, my god I would love to see their response if the Muslim wished them a happy Eid or a good Ramadan.

You may not be, but Sprite Zero is 100% trying to. Making out that every single muslim is a lazy, terrorist wife beater who drives a camel to work. They even went as far to complain about the blank expression they got from a Muslim when they wished him happy Christmas, my god I would love to see their response if the Muslim wished them a happy Eid or a good Ramadan.

where can i get one of these? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

There are 50,000 Muslims in Ireland already, native or Immigrants.

Just like all populations sects, there are good and there are bad, judging all Muslims worldwide based on a few extremists is like judging all of Waterford based on the actions on some of the native scumbags living here, you all know the ones, attacking near blind business owners, burning down boxing halls, money lenders... etc.....

I have worked with a few Muslims in my time, most are good to work with, have similiar work ethic as us, one or too are lazy and ignorant, I have also worked with our fellow Irish natives as well, again most are good to work with and have a good work ethic, but some are lazy and ignorant.....

I would just like to say that I was attacking integration methods. I do NOT agree with the poster who who said they were lazy or ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Just thinking who's on top when it comes to the pecking order.

Black, female, feminist, one legged, muslim, dyslexic, lesbian, single mother, traveller with eastern european roma heritage,top off by being a transexual male.

:)

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Black, female, feminist, one legged, muslim, dyslexic, lesbian, single mother, traveller with eastern european roma heritage,top off by being a transexual male.

and unemployed :P

Finnbar01 wrote: »

:)

thats what ive asked santie for. hoping for the best now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I think you mean unemployable, different you know. :)

I'd wish them the very best. Wouldn't bother me.

robtri wrote: »
    There are 50,000 Muslims in Ireland already, native or Immigrants.

Just like all populations sects, there are good and there are bad, judging all Muslims worldwide based on a few extremists is like judging all of Waterford based on the actions on some of the native scumbags living here, you all know the ones, attacking near blind business owners, burning down boxing halls, money lenders... etc.....

I have worked with a few Muslims in my time, most are good to work with, have similiar work ethic as us, one or too are lazy and ignorant, I have also worked with our fellow Irish natives as well, again most are good to work with and have a good work ethic, but some are lazy and ignorant.....

But they won't make their wives dress as ninjas.........

Advertisement