Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Remote Control for AV receiver

• 08-11-2014 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

No recent threads so that I'd start a new one.

The remote for my Onkyo receiver has stopped working entirely, indeed it has never worked well since I bought the unit second hand.

Anyone recommend a source (web or otherwise) to source a replacement? Google threw up a few links but nothing that I want to rely on without seeing if anyone can offer some advice first.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Just some of the buttons or completely dead ? What are the battery connections like ? Any corrosion or evidence of a cheap leaky battery being used in the past ?

If you have a smartphone with a camera use it to look at the front end of the remote - the bit you point at the amplifier - and try a few of the buttons. The camera can 'see' infra-red so you should be able to tell if it's doing anything. This will help eliminate a fault with the amplifier from the process.

Let's know how that goes. What part of the country are you in ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

It looks completely dead - no buttons working, no sign that IR is working. There is some evidence of corrosion but it's quite minor.

I am in Kildare - is there somewhere nearby that could repair? I would have thought it would be more cost effective to replace?

Advertisement