Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin Anvil!!

• 08-11-2014 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i like Anvil, i think Lips really is one of the nicest guys in the business, feel pretty bad for them the way it panned out.
    I downloaded the movie and after watching it felt so guilty went and bought it and a couple of albums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Watching that movie it was weird seeing so many big names gushing about this band that had apparently been so effectively whitewashed from music history. It was almost like watching Paul Simon and Mick Jagger talking straight-faced about the Rutles. Was it real or a piss-take? Why had they never been mentioned before, and how many other bands like this are there out there who were at the vanguard of a particular kind of music but then promptly forgotten about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Shame they cancelled their last Dublin show, still waiting for it to be re-scheduled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

blastman wrote: »
    Shame they cancelled their last Dublin show, still waiting for it to be re-scheduled.

Have you seen the film ? ... It'll probably be rescheduled to Donegal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

RayCon wrote: »
    Have you seen the film ? ... It'll probably be rescheduled to Donegal :pac:

I have yeah, ironically it was because of the success of the film it was re-scheduled!

Any good B&Bs in Malin Head? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement