Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alexis Sanchez

• 08-11-2014 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I have to ask why didn't Chelsea and City go in for Alexis Sanchez, the guy is class and is definitely something City good do with and he is better than anything Chelsea have aswell.I hear a lot of hype about Hazard but I think hes over rated and would much prefer Sanchez. They were probably in for him alright but he was set on moving to arsenal, himself and robben are the 2 best players playing that position in world football if you ask me , pace, direct and score loads of goals. Would have loved him at United

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Did you just answer your own question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

First time I saw him play was in 10/11 season against Napoli and he was just incredible. Didn't see much of him at Barca but seems he did well enough. I too am surprised that his availability didn't result in a bigger response from the big guns (not that i am suggesting Arsenal are not a big club). I think Arsene has done really well with his capture. Good to have him in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Back off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

population wrote: »
    First time I saw him play was in 10/11 season against Napoli and he was just incredible. Didn't see much of him at Barca but seems he did well enough. I too am surprised that his availability didn't result in a bigger response from the big guns (not that i am suggesting Arsenal are not a big club). I think Arsene has done really well with his capture. Good to have him in the Premier League.

I actually think Di-Maria is a more dynamic player and offers more from deep but for shear goal scoring Di-Maria will never be able to match him, the only guy that's probably better than him is Robben, Bale and Reus would give him a run for his money as well but Reus doesn't have great pace. I'm not including Ronaldo and Messei because they more forwards/striker type players now and obviously in a league of their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'd love to see Costa and Sanchez together! Two wonderful players! Preferably at Arsenal though! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

City are just waiting for Marco Reus tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Give Sanchez a season in the premier league before we start comparing him to hazard who has been the best winger in the league for a while now although he can be inconsistent.

Sanchez is world class though, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I actually think Di-Maria is a more dynamic player and offers more from deep but for shear goal scoring Di-Maria will never be able to match him, the only guy that's probably better than him is Robben, Bale and Reus would give him a run for his money as well but Reus doesn't have great pace. I'm not including Ronaldo and Messei because they more forwards/striker type players now and obviously in a league of their own

Messi plays the number 10 role now. Not a lot of people know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Messi plays the number 10 role now. Not a lot of people know that.

more 9.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Delighted he is at arsenal. Been a while since we had someone of his 'quality' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

jonny666 wrote: »
    Delighted he is at arsenal. Been a while since we had someone of his 'quality' :)

Ozil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ozil?

Ozil may yet hit his best but he has been average enough for Arsenal. Sanchez has been sensational so far. Could drop off but he doesnt seem the sort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jonny666 wrote: »
    Ozil may yet hit his best but he has been average enough for Arsenal. Sanchez has been sensational so far. Could drop off but he doesnt seem the sort

Ozil was twice the player Alexis was in Spain if that means anything. Alexis had a pretty stagnant season the one breast if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ozil?

Sanchez warms your heart because he spends every minute on the pitch giving it his all, 100% desire and commitment (as well as being supremely talented) I don't think that's ever been the case with Ozil, who has to rely solely on supreme talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

For me I think he's more suited to England than Ozil being a physical freak - I liked the 'FIFA player with sprint button held down' description.

I can get why Barca sold him though. The need people that retain possession and move it towards Messi.

Arsenal don't need that and if they're smart will now shore up the defence and DMF hugely in the next two windows.

Give Sanchez a solid platform and he'll drag the team to the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

In fairness to Ozil at the start of last season he was easily the most impressive and influential player in the league. Sanchez had a great season at Barca last year but it's still too early to cast judgement on his time at Arsenal.

Advertisement