Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a new business

Options
  • 08-11-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi all am thinking of setting up a small business as see a gap in the market.am based in cork and have looked at buildings rates etc but was wondering is there grants available to new businesses setting up it would be taking me and possibly another person off the live register. We wouldn't be getting rich but I do see a gap to make a lively good in this type of business

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_and_work/back_to_work_enterprise_allowance.html

This would be the main one for people claiming social welfare who then go into Self-employment.

Its always worth a trip to your LEO as they will know about other local things you may be eligible for depending on your situation and what you plan on doing. Starting a business is great fun but you need to make sure you are as prepared as possible as unless you have done it before then no matter what background you come from you are going to have a lot of learning to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Ya the area I'm looking at I've worked in on and off for 11 years including 4 as a manager so I have a good idea on how to price stuff to make money

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ya the area I'm looking at I've worked in on and off for 11 years including 4 as a manager so I have a good idea on how to price stuff to make money

I was the same 10+ years working for someone else with half of that as management. It teaches you little about running your own business though I have learnt 10 times as much about what I do in the last 2 years than I did in the 10 before working for someone else. Most LEOs will offer a start your own business course which is definitely worth doing and they may also offer a mentoring service which is definitely worth looking into.

Advertisement