Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Right, in a dilema. The current line up is...

Guzan
    Speroni
    ---Jagielka--Wisdom--Clyne--Williams--Duff--
    Sánchez--ADM--Downing--Schneiderlin--Siggy
    Agüero--Naismith--Costa

Basically, Naismith has to go. Have 0.9 in the bank, 1.0 if Downing goes up as expected tonight. The next top 3 players in my price range are, Sakho, Austin, or Ulloa.

Question, which one of them three on one transfer, or take a hit to get Berahino but at the expense of who.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

You only get the .1 on downing if you sell him just FYI in case it removes some of those players from your price change. If you already have downing then I'd go for Austin as you have cover for west ham, would not get ulloa

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm looking at a 4 pt hit this week rooney and moore out ings and Terry in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Why Ings ahead of the likes of Sakho, Berahino and Austin?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd be getting rid of Schneiderlin, too much for your sub imo...not sure what your selling price on him is but a downgrade to Boyd should get you 1m+!

You could also flip it around and do Naismith to someone like Zamora (to have as your sub in a 3-5-2). Then you could upgrade Schneiderlin to Chadli.

For your 1st Q: I'd fancy Austin with his fixtures.

Schneiderlin to Boyd, is the best option, Boyd is a 90 min player, Zamora although playing well atm, isn't a guaranteed his place and rarely plays 90 mins.

Also agree about Austin - he's in form, Ullua off form completely.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Why Ings ahead of the likes of Sakho, Berahino and Austin?

I need a striker for 5 weeks it was either him or Austin. Toss of a coin I'd slightly prefer burnleys fixtures stoke a villa h newcastle h qpr a and watched ings last game v hull and he looked sharp and he got 2 goals for England 21s the other night. Austin is the better shout for anyone planning till the Jan wildcard. I'm looking at Aguero costa sturridge from the gw before Xmas so think i'll go ings till then. I'm also looking at Yun so if I get Austin aswell I don't think I'd feel comfortable with 2 qpr players despite them looking good recently. The problem is will burnley score goals it's now or never for them but I feel they have better spirit than qpr even though qpr have more quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've been impressed with Ings since he's come back in. It's a risk but he's due to be the next cheap forward to catch people's attention.

Certainly shouldn't be discounted but Burnley and goals need to become familiar with each other.

I've been impressed with Ings since he's come back in. It's a risk but he's due to be the next cheap forward to catch people's attention.

Certainly shouldn't be discounted but Burnley and goals need to become familiar with each other.

Ye they have started to score a bit more of late though and his stats in that FFS article are decent. I am aware that this is one of those times that I may be trying to be too clever and Austin is the safer choice. I also have to have him in my team at some stage during the season seen as ive used him in my team name ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭G1032

So I have a backline as follows:

Duff (brought in this week for PVA)
    Baines (might not make the weekend game
    Coloccini (out for at least a month)
    Wisdom (away to Chelsea
    Robertson (seems to have lost his place in Hulls starting 11)

I won't (can't) bring in Costa this week.

I've already made my FT to sell PVA for Duff

Do I

1) Wait it out, hope Baines and Robertson play, and field Duff, Baines and Robertson.....Wisdom is the sub then if one or neither play. It'll be a hit anyway to get rid of Coloccini but I could take that hit next week and see if Yun starts again

2) Sell Coloccini and buy Dummet this week for a minus 4 and more or less guarantee 3 starting defenders (even if one of those is Wisdom)

3) Something else that someone here might suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,353 ✭✭✭✭8-10

G1032 wrote: »

Wisdom (away to Chelsea

I won't (can't) bring in Costa this week.

I've already made my FT to sell PVA for Duff

Do I

1) Wait it out, hope Baines and Robertson play, and field Duff, Baines and Robertson.....Wisdom is the sub then if one or neither play. It'll be a hit anyway to get rid of Coloccini but I could take that hit next week and see if Yun starts again

2) Sell Coloccini and buy Dummet this week for a minus 4 and more or less guarantee 3 starting defenders (even if one of those is Wisdom)

3) Something else that someone here might suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I had intended getting Dummet for Moore, and with Newcastle having a mini injury crisis in defence his place would seem more secure that even. My only concern now is with so many players missing (especially Coloccini) will their defence continue to be worth investment?

I could alternatively do a hit and get Azpil in for Moore and Austin in for Pelle. (I had intended doing this next week and getting Azpil in for Clyne)

Current team

Forster,
    Clyne, Chambers, Hutton, Moore, Duff
    Hazard, ADM, Sanchez, Downing, Boyd
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.

0.1 in bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

G1032 wrote: »

Wisdom (away to Chelsea

First I'd wait for updates on Baines injury.

Then, if you do take a hit, it has to be for either a monitored short term plan (like this def for the next 3-4 GWs should get a couple of CS e.g. Newcastle tasty run) or a mid to long term plan (taking a def or 2 up to the Jan WC e.g. QPR/CP offers a nice combo).
    FHFC wrote: »
    I had intended getting Dummet for Moore, and with Newcastle having a mini injury crisis in defence his place would seem more secure that even. My only concern now is with so many players missing (especially Coloccini) will their defence continue to be worth investment?

I could alternatively do a hit and get Azpil in for Moore and Austin in for Pelle. (I had intended doing this next week and getting Azpil in for Clyne)

Current team

Forster,
    Clyne, Chambers, Hutton, Moore, Duff
    Hazard, ADM, Sanchez, Downing, Duff :confused:
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.

0.1 in bank.
    Good point on Newcastle.

I think you're grand for this week though. Clyne, Chambers and Duff are not a poor backline. Your planned double move sounds more sensible next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Good point on Newcastle.

I think you're grand for this week though. Clyne, Chambers and Duff are not a poor backline. Your planned double move sounds more sensible next week.

Mr Prodston had a much more optimistic update on Newcastle in the other thread.

See I need to replace both Moore and Clyne shortly anyway, so if Newcastle aren't in as much of a crisis as originally reported I'll probably do Moore to Dummett and then next week Clyne to Azpil and Pelle to Austin for -4.

That would leave my defence fairly decent looking and money in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Team for this week looks like this

Forster
    Konchesky Clyne Baines
    Chadl Siggy Di María Cesc
    Pellè Costa Austin

Subs Mannone/McGeidy/Taylor/Duff

Tempted by Costa > Augero switch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭G1032

8-10 wrote: »
    iroced wrote: »
    First I'd wait for updates on Baines injury.

Then, if you do take a hit, it has to be for either a monitored short term plan (like this def for the next 3-4 GWs should get a couple of CS e.g. Newcastle tasty run) or a mid to long term plan (taking a def or 2 up to the Jan WC e.g. QPR/CP offers a nice combo).

Thanks. I'll wait so for further news on Baines. If Wisdom has to play then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Pardew said: “I think Steven should be back for QPR, I think Riviere will be back, and I’m hoping Colo comes through.” has there been anywhere reliable come out saying he is out for a while? Pardew sounds like he hasn't even ruled him out for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Not sure how I want the Baines thing to play out, if he's injured for the weekend I'll take him out and bring Costa back in for a hit, if he's fit I'll have Baines at home to West Ham but Pelle instead of Costa, considering the 4 point hit that will be involved what should I be hoping for?? Sometimes injuries are good as they force you to do something you may be better off doing anyway.

Not sure how I want the Baines thing to play out, if he's injured for the weekend I'll take him out and bring Costa back in for a hit, if he's fit I'll have Baines at home to West Ham but Pelle instead of Costa, considering the 4 point hit that will be involved what should I be hoping for?? Sometimes injuries are good as they force you to do something you may be better off doing anyway.

With Baines out at least it makes your decision easier which is always a good thing in FPL the worst thing in FPL is when you keep your is he injured is he not injured player and you decide to save the transfers then the player you would have brought in explodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

jimmii wrote: »
    With Baines out at least it makes your decision easier which is always a good thing in FPL the worst thing in FPL is when you keep your is he injured is he not injured player and you decide to save the transfers then the player you would have brought in explodes!

No, the worst thing is when you dump the is he, isn't he injured player (Costa week three) and he scores 29 points in two weeks when your own captain returns 2 points each week:mad:

No, the worst thing is when you dump the is he, isn't he injured player (Costa week three) and he scores 29 points in two weeks when your own captain returns 2 points each week:mad:

Ha yeh that too! I kept him that week but still ended up doing rubbish that was the week things went south for me dropped 1m places despite not selling him wtf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Spurs fans: Is Kane a probable starter for the weekend?

Decent fixture against Hull

My current cheap forward is Sahko ---> looking at Austin as well

• Advertisement

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Just keep Sakho imo I would fancy him to outscore both of them between now and new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Kane probably will start.

Have Sahko myself and will be keeping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gonna bite the bullet and do Fab to Hazard and ADM to Sanchez.

Any reason why i shouldnt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think Baines will be fine. Coleman and McCarthy are examples of Martinez not showing much respect to the international game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Contemplating a really boring transfer of Moore to Yun. If I don't, I'll have to choose between Taylor away to City or Wisom away to Chelsea since Moore is seemingly out of favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Unless Baines and/or Fabregas are confirmed out, I don't see any obvious transfers to make. Have 2 FT though so would not like losing one of them...

Forster
    Chambers, Baines, Dummett
    Fabregas, Sanchez, Sigurdsson, Diame
    Costa, Aguero, Pelle

Jakupovic; Boyd, Duff, Wisdom
    £1.1m in bank.

Ideally I'd like to bring in ADM for Diame next week but will need to find £3.4m somewhere. Original idea was to downgrade Pelle. With £3.4m I'm just £0.1m shy of Kane. So ADM dropping again this week would help :p.
    I could also switch Forster for Fabianski eyeing Swansea great run of fixtures...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is Fabregas likely to be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

I'm doing pelle to Costa for sure. This leaves me with 5.4 when I sell eriksen. Question is who should I get in for him? Thinking Walters, larsson or Lampard!
    I have waynama already. Don't want Boyd.
    Thoughts please...?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

sweating over him and Baines. Hoping at least one starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Physioroom have him return for this week-end game for what it's worth.
    JR6 wrote: »
    I'm doing pelle to Costa for sure. This leaves me with 5.4 when I sell eriksen. Question is who should I get in for him? Thinking Walters, larsson or Lampard!
    I have waynama already. Don't want Boyd.
    Thoughts please...?
    Lampard could be a good shout over the Christmas period but now not sure he'll get you more than 1 pt cameos.
    About Larsson & Walters, their fixtures get pretty tough after this week. Yoy may consider Brunt whose fixtures are much nicer after this week ;).

Advertisement