Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,117 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    game not till Monday night so hopefully be ok
    Does that usually affect the press conference being on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

km79 wrote: »
    game not till Monday night so hopefully be ok

Yeh I am not worried as an owner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭G1032

If ADM is injured for the weekend I could do a -8

ADM -> Siggy
    Pelle -> Costa

That would leave me with this team and 1.3 itb

Good idea or bad?? Bit early to tell I suppose but I'm itching to get Costa in

Screenshot_2014_11_19_13_44_48.png

Costa & Siggy looks a good move alright I would quote your post but that picture is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Pelle could easily outscore Costa this week; Villa defence is depleted

• Advertisement

If bookies priced that sort of thing up Costa would be well odds on to score more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

G1032 wrote: »
    How bad is it?

I have:

Duff - Not injured yet
    Wisdom - Going to concede lots of goals
    Baines - possibly injured
    Coloccini - Injured
    Robertson - Dropped

Forster

Baines
    Chambers
    Taylor
    Wisdom
    Moore

Thinking Baines Chambers and Taylor to start. Would take 12 points from starting 4 right now i'd say

It's the fear of not having Costa!!

jimmii wrote: »
    Costa & Siggy looks a good move alright I would quote your post but that picture is huge!

It is alright. Just a phone screenshot though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Forster

Baines
    Chambers
    Taylor
    Wisdom
    Moore

Thinking Baines Chambers and Taylor to start. Would take 12 points from starting 4 right now i'd say

Hutton - Injured
    Baines - Injured
    Wilson - Injured
    Wisdom - gonna concede a **** load
    duff - haven't a clue

Time to rejig defence with Xmas in mind. willing to downgrade Fab or ADM

All input welcome

• Advertisement

Defence is tricky right now its hard to see anyone worth bringing in! Need to replace Colo but there really isn't anyone who looks like keeping a cleansheet in the <6m price bracket.

It's the fear of not having Costa!!

I'm for sure worried about not having him as well. But I don't see him lasting 90 mins (not that it mattered against Swansea) with Schalke A on Tuesday and he's also one yellow from a ban.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Hutton - Injured
    Baines - Injured
    Wilson - Injured
    Wisdom - gonna concede a **** load
    duff - haven't a clue

Time to rejig defence with Xmas in mind. willing to downgrade Fab or ADM

All input welcome

Baines is most likely going ot play though right?

I'd be looking to get Dummet or Yun in myself, can;t do it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm gonna risk holding off on Costa until he has served his inevitable upcoming suspension, I couldn't justify bringing him in to myself until that is out of the way, if he plays to avoid being booked he won't be the same player at all. Hope this doesn't bite me in thebackside like he's done all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    Defence is tricky right now its hard to see anyone worth bringing in! Need to replace Colo but there really isn't anyone who looks like keeping a cleansheet in the <6m price bracket.

I'll definitely be getting on Azpi for the xmas run. If not this week then next, although his clean sheet potential this week is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Play McGeidy in a 3-5-2 or Austin(QPR) in a 3-4-3 Who will get more ponits?

FHFC wrote: »
    I'll definitely be getting on Azpi for the xmas run. If not this week then next, although his clean sheet potential this week is tempting.

Yeh I would be looking at getting him but already have 3 Chelsea!

Dubliner28 wrote: »

If in doubt go with the attacker imo at least you know he'll play.

Dubliner28 wrote: »

Austin all day long

Baines is most likely going ot play though right?

I'd be looking to get Dummet or Yun in myself, can;t do it this week.

He could very well play.

Need to get a Chelsea defender in for over Christmas and Azpi looks solid.

Downgrade Fab or Di Maria and upgrade Wilson? Who to bring in then for Fab or Di Maria for 8.4 or 7.9?

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    He could very well play.

Need to get a Chelsea defender in for over Christmas and Azpi looks solid.

Downgrade Fab or Di Maria and upgrade Wilson? Who to bring in then for Fab or Di Maria for 8.4 or 7.9?

Might be a sign that I have lost it, but I had to get rid of ADM to get in Sanchez and now i'm considering.....

Fellani

Good god how has it come to this. Still if he is regular he has potential and at 6.3 seems like good value United cover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Might be a sign that I have lost it, but I had to get rid of ADM to get in Sanchez and now i'm considering.....

Fellani

Good god how has it come to this. Still if he is regular he has potential and at 6.3 seems like good value United cover

Quote from my first ever post on FSA "I had Fellaini as captain today 34 points"

If he's playing week in week out he's a bargain, the guy knows where the net is, his role at united will never be exclusively defensive and he is a serious (one of the top three in the league) threat from set pieces, he'll pick up assists from getting something on a cross.
    It's a slight gamble but by no means is it crazy.

Quote from my first ever post on FSA "I had Fellaini as captain today 34 points"

If he's playing week in week out he's a bargain, the guy knows where the net is, his role at united will never be exclusively defensive and he is a serious (one of the top three in the league) threat from set pieces, he'll pick up assists from getting something on a cross.
    It's a slight gamble but by no means is it crazy.

Ye that's my thinking on it too...6.3 is a really nice price for him, think United attacking cover will be important as the season goes. ADM would be preferable, but with (imo) Costa, Sanchez, Aguero and Baines necessities it's hard to squeeze him in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The moral of the last few pages of this thread is everyone's defences are fecked! With Southampton's good run over outside of baines it's hard to predict a defender who should score high. 4 - 4.5m seem to be a good option as better off getting feck all points from cheaper players rather than dearer ones (*shakes fist at kaboul*).

Seems like a lot of us have struggled with goalkeepers this year too. Had krul myself and then switched to mannone. Managed to catch bad spells for both. Hopefully heaton works out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Currently have the following mate:

Krul

Baines Bertrand Chambers N.Taylor Wilson

Hazard Sanchez Chadli Sigurdsson Boyd

Aguero Costa Austin

Next steps are to get Betrand replaced by a representative of a team with far better fixtures (Chelsea and West Ham the prime candidates from what I've looked at so far), replace Wilson with similar in mind as Stoke's fixtures are horrendous over the next while, and I'm unsure that Chadli can maintain his current streak given the amount of chances he gets as per the stats so that may also be something to look at for me.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy. Overall ranking of ~ 3k.

Very good team. Only thing you are missing is Di Maria but he hasn't been great the last few weeks.

Your defence is very strong.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Very good team. Only thing you are missing is Di Maria but he hasn't been great the last few weeks.

Your defence is very strong.

I'll be without him very soon too. 30 points since I bought him in in GW6. Pathetic returns for his price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'll be without him very soon too. 30 points since I bought him in in GW6. Pathetic returns for his price.

Tough run of games though. I want to give him a chance when fixtures are easier.

Hutton, Wilson & DiMaria out

Dummett, Azpilicueta & Sterling in?

or

Hutton, Wilson & Fabregas out

Dummett, Azpilicueta & Anyone from 8.1 million down...

I.e Cazorla, Williian, Navas, Chadli or.... BARKLEY (6.7)

with all due respects I could never put Felliani in my team :)

I might hand him the armband against Hull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm watching the Falcao situation closely as I think he could be the best United cover. I could do Di Maria to Siggy/ Chadli and Pelle to Falcao and still have cash left over to upgrade my defence.

Advertisement