Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

seklly wrote: »
    This is how I'm currently looking:

Krul (Green)
    Baines Dummett Yun (Wisdom Hutton)
    Sanchez Hazard ADM Siggy (Boyd)
    Aguero Costa Ayoze

Nothing left in the bank!

That's a great team.

Nicely done having Baines, Sanchez, Hazard, ADM, Siggy, Aguero and Costa in the team.

Whats your current ranking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Does anyone know a cheap goalkeeper to get? Looking to get rid of Manonne soon. I was looking at his replacement Pantilimon at £4.4m but he has tricky fixtures coming up.

Already have Krul in goal.

Also, does anybody know a replacement for Wilson?

My defence at the moment is Clyne, Chambers, Wisdom, Wilson and Moore. I be shipping Moore out for Yun soon.

Was looking at Dummett but don’t fancy the idea of doubling up on Newcastle given their run of fixures up until Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Does anyone know a cheap goalkeeper to get? Looking to get rid of Manonne soon. I was looking at his replacement Pantilimon at £4.4m but he has tricky fixtures coming up.

Already have Krul in goal.

Krul is the perfect rotator with Sunderland. Every time Sunderland have an away game, Newcastle have a home game and Vice-Versa.
    I have Krul and Mannone and will be switching him to Pantimillion as soon as I have a GW with no other transfers needed. For the moment I am gonna play krul as he seems to be doing very well on his own adn i have other more urgent stuff to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

GiftofGab wrote: »
    That's a great team.

Nicely done having Baines, Sanchez, Hazard, ADM, Siggy, Aguero and Costa in the team.

Whats your current ranking?

I'm just after getting Baines and Hazard in, needed Chambers price rise last night to have enough.

I'm just outside the top 4k at the moment, captain choice has gone against me a few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Okay, over the next 2 GW's I'm thinking of the below:

Chambers, Chadli/Siggy, Pelle - OUT

Yun (QPR), Sanchez, Ayoze Perez - IN

Bit risky? What you guys think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Okay, over the next 2 GW's I'm thinking of the below:

Chambers, Chadli/Siggy, Pelle - OUT

Yun (QPR), Sanchez, Ayoze Perez - IN

Bit risky? What you guys think?

Perez is in good form alright but when cisse gets fully fit will he keep his place? Riviere and ferreyra(sp?) In the mix too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Perez is in good form alright but when cisse gets fully fit will he keep his place? Riviere and ferreyra(sp?) In the mix too

There's a real danger for people stretching their team value to the max and using bottom of the barrel-type lads like Yun (3.9) and Perez (4.8).

I wouldn't expect any of these cheaper lads to keep their place long term. You need to ensure you're not stuck when they do lose it.

Otherwise you'll need hits to get your team back in shape and fixture congestion is fast approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is it time to ship Chambers do yis think? Have since 4.5 so 0.2 profit to bank.

Pros: Cheap way into alleged top 4 defence. Were able to keep clean sheets last year. Assumption that they will tighten up at the back sooner or later.

Cons: Are they top 4 any more? No sign of the clean sheets or the expected tightening up as yet - there are probably better 4.7m options in mid ranked sides. Was totally out of his depth yesterday. May lose his place when Kos returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Lemlin wrote: »
    There's a real danger for people stretching their team value to the max and using bottom of the barrel-type lads like Yun (3.9) and Perez (4.8).

I wouldn't expect any of these cheaper lads to keep their place long term. You need to ensure you're not stuck when they do lose it.

Otherwise you'll need hits to get your team back in shape and fixture congestion is fast approaching.

Especially when considering how many good strikers seem to be available for just 1mil more than Perez. Yun isn't guaranteed his place in the worst defence in the league I don't see the attraction at all even at his price. If you've nothing itb and those 2 lose their place, which they inevitably will, you're in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

FHFC wrote: »

Pros: Cheap way into alleged top 4 defence. Were able to keep clean sheets last year. Assumption that they will tighten up at the back sooner or later.

Cons: Are they top 4 any more? No sign of the clean sheets or the expected tightening up as yet - there are probably better 4.7m options in mid ranked sides. Was totally out of his depth yesterday. May lose his place when Kos returns?

More likely to lose it when debuchy returns. I'm holding because you'll never find a cheaper way into a top 4 team which they are by all accounts. If he loses his place then I'll ship him straight away but as long as he's starting then I see no reason to drop him, its not like there are any standout players at his price atm worth bringing in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yun seems pretty nailed on in the immediate future, but he was out of the squad completely until October. He could also be called up to the Asia Cup in January, although a wild card could fix that problem up.

Much tougher to fix the <5.0m striker problem since you'll call upon him more than a 4th or 5th defender and there are very few starters in that price bracket.

Some nice fixtures until January and near the top of the ever-important <5.3m defender points list for the casuals. He also threatens attacking returns so as long as you're alright with occasional 0/1 pointers, I don't think there's better in that price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jive wrote: »
    More likely to lose it when debuchy returns. I'm holding because you'll never find a cheaper way into a top 4 team which they are by all accounts. If he loses his place then I'll ship him straight away but as long as he's starting then I see no reason to drop him, its not like there are any standout players at his price atm worth bringing in

He'll definitely lose it when Debuchy returns, but given how hopeless he was he could be 'taken out of the spotlight' sooner when Wenger has a few more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yun seems pretty nailed on in the immediate future, but he was out of the squad completely until October. He could also be called up to the Asia Cup in January, although a wild card could fix that problem up.

Much tougher to fix the <5.0m striker problem since you'll call upon him more than a 4th or 5th defender and there are very few starters in that price bracket.

Austin Sakho and Berahino way better options for a little more, wouldn't be considering Ayoze or Kane t.b.h.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Wildcard activated at the moment - do you bank any price changes during the 2 weeks? (i.e I will have Sterling in the final draft but am i better having Chadli from now until then to take advantage of any possible price changes before switching back?)

Dice75 wrote: »
    Wildcard activated at the moment - do you bank any price changes during the 2 weeks? (i.e I will have Sterling in the final draft but am i better having Chadli from now until then to take advantage of any possible price changes before switching back?)

Yes you do for 0.2m risers. Sterling will also drop so you'll want to get him out now and then buy him back at the cheaper price the Sat morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Yes you do for 0.2m risers. Sterling will also drop so you'll want to get him out now and then buy him back at the cheaper price the Sat morning.

Thanks, yeah thats what i wasn't sure of. Drop Sterling & get him back at (hopefully) cheaper price but also hope Chadli goes up 0.2 to bank the 0.1 there too. Cheers.

Have brought in Dummett/Janmaat/Downing to hopefully do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

manual_man wrote: »
    Welbeck to Austin done. Just about lost patience with Welbeck,

He set up the goal and some lovely plays vs Swansea... almost scored a really good goal too.

At home, beaten last time out and up against United with a defensive problem - I won't be selling him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Trilla wrote: »
    He set up the goal and some lovely plays vs Swansea... almost scored a really good goal too.

At home, beaten last time out and up against United with a defensive problem - I won't be selling him

That's the problem though. He should have scored in that spot. Starting to look very like the Man U version of Wellbeck, indecisive and lacking confidence. I'd still be keeping him but he'd be on his last chance.

Welbeck to Austin was my initial thought to enable Sanchez in, but I need to offload Southampton defenders so did that. Welbeck hasn't been terrible for a 7m striker (one blank in four matches), although barring a major burst of points he'll be leaving my team within the next three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Trilla wrote: »

Yeah but nearly scored doesn't get ya points. Don't get me wrong he still has the potential to score big. I just ran out of patience. Austin is arguably the best striker apart from Aguero form-wise at the moment. Also United have tightened up in defense in recent games I'm not too sure that one will be a goal fest. Also Giroud back in full training any time now is a threat to Welbecks game time. Don't want that uncertainty. Have Sanchez who is hoarding the points (for now anyway) 1.5M banked from the move to help with future transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Rose -> Baines
    Clyne -> Alderweireld

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think Southampton might surprise a few people with the tough fixtures

If you have a Southampton defender and Forster I'd consider dropping 1 of them but the defense might get some bonus if they do keep a clean sheet + save points for Forster if he does keep one too.

The big teams are a bit rattled at the minute and Southampton look decent every game.

I'm surprised the doubling up on their defense has been so good. Generally I never double up on defense.

Pelle an Tadic not doing the biz but their stats are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What do Southampton have to fear from Man United & Arsenal? Not much tbh

That said, they did manage to lose to Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭G1032

Not done yet but it'll be PVA to Yun. I'll then have to decide on whether or not to bring Costa back in but I don't think I'll still Welbeck before he plays United. Costa will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll happily hold onto Forster and may keep Pellè. The only fixture to fear in the league is Chelsea as they will score against your defenders and they are more than capable of keeping the likes of Sanchez Aguero di maria quiet.

I wouldn't be so sure that Yun will lose his place. Armand Traore isn't exactly the greatest competition in world football for that left back spot.

He'll definitely lose it when Debuchy returns, but given how hopeless he was he could be 'taken out of the spotlight' sooner when Wenger has a few more options.

Wenger doesn't have any options. Koscielny has been ruled out for a minimum of 1 month more. Bellerin isn't up to it yet but if he does start to get a game it'll be in place of Monreal with Chambers moving into the centre alongside Mertesacker. The only way Chambers is losing a starting place is through injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'll happily hold onto Forster and may keep Pellè. The only fixture to fear in the league is Chelsea as they will score against your defenders and they are more than capable of keeping the likes of Sanchez Aguero di maria quiet.

I'm the same. Will definitely keep Forster and will give Pelle a few games to see how he goes. Very few of the top six from last season are keeping regular clean sheets.
    G1032 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure that Yun will lose his place. Armand Traore isn't exactly the greatest competition in world football for that left back spot.

What if they go back to 3-5-2 for the easier games? Or Harry pushes a central defender out there - did he not have Clint Hill playing as a full back recently?

With Harry you just never know what he might pull. It wouldn't surprise me to see him try David Hoilett at left back some week!

• Advertisement

I'm the same. Will definitely keep Forster and will give Pelle a few games to see how he goes. Very few of the top six from last season are keeping regular clean sheets.

What if they go back to 3-5-2 for the easier games? Or Harry pushes a central defender out there - did he not have Clint Hill playing as a full back recently?

With Harry you just never know what he might pull. It wouldn't surprise me to see him try David Hoilett at left back some week!

Ya. Always that possibility I suppose but I'd see him holding his place in a 442

Advertisement