Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yun seemed to play well the last day. This idea that they have the worse defence while maybe true on paper - isn't exactly when you look into it - for example they have kept more clean sheets than say Leicester - Aguero scored 2 brilliant goals at the weekend - with slight help from his hand.

To me they actually have a nice run of games and a defender would be a good buy, and Yun looks promising, the only problem is will he keep his place - i notice that he played against pool, before Rio got banned - any reason for this - injury?

Leicester and Burnely are 2 of the next 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Traore or Clint Hill were playing left back in the 4-4-2 early on. Seems like Harry just decided to drop Traore and give Yun his chance. QPR have been pretty good at home against the smaller sides with two cleanies out of four.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,157 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Welbeck to Austin was my initial thought to enable Sanchez in, but I need to offload Southampton defenders so did that. Welbeck hasn't been terrible for a 7m striker (one blank in four matches), although barring a major burst of points he'll be leaving my team within the next three.

You prob had 2 SOU did you?
    Was having thoughts about letting go of Clyne in the near future but when I looked into it, he's staying.
    Only 5 goals conceded by SOU this year, 2 of them in their first match. That's just incredible really. I know their fixtures are getting tough but you'd have to back them to keep their fair share.

PARlance wrote: »
    You prob had 2 SOU did you?
    Was having thoughts about letting go of Clyne in the near future but when I looked into it, he's staying.
    Only 5 goals conceded by SOU this year, 2 of them in their first match. That's just incredible really. I know their fixtures are getting tough but you'd have to back them to keep their fair share.

Yup, ditched Bertrand last night and still have Clyne for Villa. Clyne out after that match definitely won't be a priority but if I need to raise funds or have a FT he'll be gone. 5.4m is too much for a defender I wouldn't want to start every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Likely to be no transfer for me. Nothing sticking out really.

In saying that I'm not overly happy with Chambers but keeping him till he stops rising in price.

I will then sell Tadic for Siggy for the home game v Palace in GW13 and use the extra to upgrade Moore as I'm going to keep Clyne for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is it better to play wildcard now or wait til the friday before the next gameweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Play it now and try to catch some price rises?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is it better to play wildcard now or wait til the friday before the next gameweek?

Apparently wildcard transfers don't count for price changes, so you're better off making the transfers now for hits and then playing the wildcard right before the gameweek to wipe them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Lemlin wrote: »
    There's a real danger for people stretching their team value to the max and using bottom of the barrel-type lads like Yun (3.9) and Perez (4.8).

I wouldn't expect any of these cheaper lads to keep their place long term. You need to ensure you're not stuck when they do lose it.

Otherwise you'll need hits to get your team back in shape and fixture congestion is fast approaching.

True. It certainly would be scrapping the barrel. And it's essentially just to get Sanchez in. But my thinking would be; there's only 8 games till January Wildcard. Can revamp my team then. If Perez drops in form, I could switch with Kane, Zamora or Vardy. Plus I'd never be using that 5th defender (Yun).

Now, I'm just throwing out my thoughts here and by no means am I gonna take this risk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I agree with the opinion that Southamptan will fair well againtst the big teams. I can't really see them conceding more than 3 goals in any of those games, maybe Chelsea being the only exception. What's strange though and something to note is how frequently they'll play the big teams - in their next 10 games they face Man United twice, Arsenal twice, Man City once and Chelsea once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sheroman01 wrote: »
    True. It certainly would be scrapping the barrel. And it's essentially just to get Sanchez in. But my thinking would be; there's only 8 games till January Wildcard. Can revamp my team then. If Perez drops in form, I could switch with Kane, Zamora or Vardy. Plus I'd never be using that 5th defender (Yun).

Now, I'm just throwing out my thoughts here and by no means am I gonna take this risk :P

None of Kane, Zamora or Vardy are guaranteed starters either tbh. That's part of the reason they are so cheap.

Vardy is about the most regular starter but he hasn't scored in a good few games and Pearson is chopping and changing that Leicester team now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Transfers I'm mulling over atm, but may not do any are:

Bertrand -> Cresswell
    Chambers -> Yun
    ADM -> Hazard

Kind of want to wait until Hazard actually has a big game before making that transfer though. I would like to hold onto ADM but I can't see another way of getting Hazard in as my front 3 of Costa, Aguero and Pellé are currently undroppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

iroced wrote: »
    If I were you I'd wait for a while. None are close to rising/dropping. And depending upon Fábregas "injury" I'd do a direct swap from him to Oscar instead of a -4 to ditch the best defender in the game for a one week wonder.

ditched chambers for Baines and decided not to wait as I was losing ground in my mini-league.

Guy first in my league is ranked 154th the world over, hence the need for drastic measures and fast :D

TacT wrote: »
    ditched chambers for Baines and decided not to wait as I was losing ground in my mini-league.

Guy first in my league is ranked 154th the world over, hence the need for drastic measures and fast :D

Did you make up any ground today by making the transfer last night?

Chambers went up in price last night! There's a good chance you missed out on 0.1 profit. Baines not near a rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

lost 0.1 so no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thinking of wildcarding. I've had a few good weeks but I have 3 injuries & Fabregas that need looking at. (Hutton, Tiote, Hamer & Fabregas)

Thinking of changing the format of my team. Need to get Costa back in up front. Raging he went up last night! Will also get Baines in. I got rid of Siggy but tempted to get him in for ADM to free up some cash. Also Austin for Welbeck.

Betrand ---> Baines
    De Gea ----> Krul
    ADM
    > Siggy
    Fab
    > Hazard
    Tiote
    > Chadli
    Pelle
    > Costa
    Welbeck ----> Austin

Good idea / bad idea?

Krul

----Baines -- Taylor -- Chambers

Sanchez -- Chadli -- Hazard -- Downing -- Siggy

Aguero -- Costa -- (Austin)

I am prepared to take a -8 without using wildcard to get Costa & Baines in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Seriously tempted by Sakho to Austin now before his price rises. Wont be affected by international break

Pelle,Tadic and Clyne in my team and not so keen to mass dump them as I was before.

Tadic to Siggy will go ahead but Pelle to Austin is also on the cards with Clyne staying.

Is it too soon to sell Pelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

I personally am not removing my Southampton players at all. City and United both look very shaky at the moment and there is goals to be got there, even again Arsenal. Hopefully more will ship them out and i can gain a few places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

dahat wrote: »
    Pelle,Tadic and Clyne in my team and not so keen to mass dump them as I was before.

Tadic to Siggy will go ahead but Pelle to Austin is also on the cards with Clyne staying.

Depends what you paid for him, one of the top scoring forwards of the season so far playing for an in form team that comes in at a reasonable price. I've had him for a while now and would lose too much to dump him unless he starts under performing but for now he stays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Sanchez going to be unaffordable soon. My head tells me to buy now for ADM and Tadic. My little voice is saying don't believe the band wagon.

Conflicted in Galway.

On 636 with two FTs.

De Gea, Krull

Konchesky, Bardsley, Duff, Clyne, Chambers

ADM, Chadli, Tadic, Moses, Hazard

Aguero, Costa, Naismith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Depends what you paid for him, one of the top scoring forwards of the season so far playing for an in form team that comes in at a reasonable price. I've had him for a while now and would lose too much to dump him unless he starts under performing but for now he stays!
    Is long going to get some of his point soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Re: Southampton. I need to ship Wanyama out, but I also need to free up funds so I'll likely have to sell Pelle for someone like Austin to be able to afford Chadli or maybe even Siggy again. Either way I won't be doing any transfers this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

sword1 wrote: »
    Is long going to get some of his point soon though

I'm sure Long will get points too but not enough to warrant bringing him or even shipping Pelle out for someone else just yet IMO. Sakho looks good as does Austin but you would have to imagine Austin's purple patch will come to a halt soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm a stat man:

- Arsenal have allowed the fewest shots at their goal this season (85) and yet four other teams have conceded fewer goals.

- Alexis Sanchez has played more inaccurate short passes (103) than any other player in the PL this season; Santi Cazorla has played more inaccurate corners (31) than any other player in the PL this season.

- Jason Shackell makes the most clearances per game (11.5) in the PL.

- Eden Hazard is the PL's greatest dribbler with 5.2 per game this season; he is also the most fouled player (3 per game).

- Leighton Baines has claimed five assists from crosses this season - the highest total in the PL.

- Hull have allowed the most shots on goal from their opponents this season (188) while only attempting 105.

- Leonardo Ulloa has taken one shot in his last 426 minutes of football since Leicester's win over Manchester United. His five goals have come from just 13 shots in total.

- Liverpool have made the fewest attempts on goal from set-pieces this season with an average of one per game in comparison with 2.3 per game from Southampton.

- They are yet to score with a header and have not created a single goal from a cross, corner or free-kick despite Steven Gerrard creating nine chances from corners and two from free-kicks.

- City have comfortably the most shots per game (18) and shots on target per game (6) and yet Chelsea and Southampton have both scored more goals. They are yet to score from within the six-yard box.

- Charlie Austin has scored 55% of QPR's goals; only one of those came from outside the area

- Dusan Tadic has now created more chances (35) than any other player including leading assister Cesc Fabregas.

- Swansea have allowed their opponents 162 shots this season - almost double Arsenal's record - and yet have conceded fewer goals (11) than every team barring Southampton.

- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored or assisted nine of Swansea's 15 goals

- Nobody has a higher number of PL assists than Chris Brunt (4) without scoring a goal of his own.

- West Ham have scored eight headed goals this season - the highest in the PL. They have created 46 chances from crosses this season with Stewart Downing creating 22 to record the highest team and individual totals in the PL.

- Diafra Sakho has six goals but he has also lost the ball more often than anyone else in the PL with a poor touch (four per game).

All come from F365. I picked out the most interesting but there's more there too http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9559519/F365-Stats

I'm in the exact same scenario, same players, same intention to get rid that seems to be vanishing.
    I don't know why though, I wouldn't want 3 Chelsea or City players if they had a similar run of fixtures.

I can see myself holding just 1 of them... probably Pelle, or Tadic... Or maybe Clyne! Maybe all three :(

I'm going to sit down now and see where I want my team to be in 4 weeks.

Edit: I've 2.4 itb and I can upgrade Tadic to Hazard. That's me down to 2 of them. I'll let that slide for a week or two

I'm in the exact same scenario, same players, same intention to get rid that seems to be vanishing.
    I don't know why though, I wouldn't want 3 Chelsea or City players if they had a similar run of fixtures.

I can see myself holding just 1 of them... probably Pelle, or Tadic... Or maybe Clyne! Maybe all three :(

I'm going to sit down now and see where I want my team to be in 4 weeks.

Edit: I've 2.4 itb and I can upgrade Tadic to Hazard. That's me down to 2 of them. I'll let that slide for a week or two

Pretty decent upgrade though I'm never quite sold on Hazard myself.

So basically then we are keeping Clyne and Pelle then?

Thats that all sorted then!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,117 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bertrand and Tadic are my 2 and they're gone after the Villa game for Taylor and Di Maria

I'm not his biggest fan either but I feel one of his points bursts is around the corner.
    That, and the fact that I've no Chelsea cover at present which is too scary.

Team assuming my FT is Tadic -> Hazard

Guzan (Given)
    Chambers - Coleman - Clyne (Duff, Hutton)
    Di Maria - Sanchez - Hazard - Downing (Boyd)
    Welbeck - Aguero - Pelle

Hard to call my next moves, I've made my bed and am going to sweat over Costa and let him pick up his yellow.
    Clyne, Pelle & Welbeck may all make way when that happens.

• Advertisement

I'm not his biggest fan either but I feel one of his points bursts is around the corner.
    That, and the fact that I've no Chelsea cover at present which is too scary.

Team assuming my FT is Tadic -> Hazard

Guzan (Given)
    Chambers - Coleman - Clyne (Duff, Hutton)
    Di Maria - Sanchez - Hazard - Downing (Boyd)
    Welbeck - Aguero - Pelle

Hard to call my next moves, I've made my bed and am going to sweat over Costa and let him pick up his yellow.
    Clyne, Pelle & Welbeck may all make way when that happens.

We're going to have very similar teams if you do that FT :).

Heaton (Mannone)
    Baines Clyne Yun (Chambers, Moore)
    ADM Sanchez Hazard Downing (Boyd)
    Welbeck Aguero Pelle

I'm playing the wait and see game with Costa as well in terms of yellows and how many matches he can start in a week.

Advertisement