Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

I might swap Moore (Leicester) for Yun (QPR) after International Break passed and no injuries hit my team.

Moore seems to have lost his spot and QPR has a great run!

Current team:

Forster (Elliot)

Baines | Naylor | Wilson | Duff | Moore

Sánchez | Hazard | Siggy | Downing | Marney

Aguero | Costa | Pellè

Also monitoring marc wilson's injury. Just read that he has been ruled out of the International games. Hopefully he will recover for the home game against burnley... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Virtually all Southampton defence slowly increasing transfers IN even with their tough run ahead.

can't be too surprised. they've only conceded 3 goals in their last 10 PL matches. that's an excellent stat even considering the opposition faced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I can not figure this one out ….. some help please

Current team :

Forrester

Bertrand
    Wisdom
    Baines

Sanchez
    Fab
    Siggy
    Chadli

Aguero
    Pelle
    Costa

Bench :
    Myhill
    Moore
    Albrighton
    Duff

Nothing in the bank.

I am 58th in Ireland and 801 overall. I have been going well so far, but my concern is my bench. It is just not scoring and I am bound to get a few injuries/suspensions soon and the Christmas period is not far away either.
    I would also like to get Hazard in for Fab, but can’t find a plausible option for that, so have kinda given up on that idea.
    I would love to change the Leicester lads in particular, but can not figure out a route for doing that, which I can justify i.e the other players are scoring well.

Any thoughts ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

miller82 wrote: »
    articular, but can not figure out a route for doing that, which I can justify i.e the other players are scoring well.

Any thoughts ??

I assume you're planning to ship out at least one of Forster+Bertrand soon? That would be a good way to generate funds. It also depends whether you're just looking for the 0.1m to do Albrighton to Boyd or want a bigger upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Miller82, you are doing brilliantly but you probably need a little surgery right now alright.
    You have two free transfers this week, from having a quick look what I would do is downgrade Pelle to Sakho, upgrade Fab to Hazard (assuming he'll miss at least one match) and change Moore for a playing defender with a good fixture next week as you won't be playing Wisdom (possibly Dummett??). It's a 4 point hit and you are losing a good striker but his fixtures are tough(unlikely to see double figures) and you are avoiding a further hit next week while hopefully picking up a clean sheet from your budget defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Current team :

Forrester

Bertrand
    Wisdom
    Baines

Sanchez
    Fab
    Siggy
    Chadli

Aguero
    Pelle
    Costa

Bench :
    Myhill
    Moore
    Albrighton
    Duff

Nothing in the bank.

I am 58th in Ireland and 801 overall. I have been going well so far, but my concern is my bench. It is just not scoring and I am bound to get a few injuries/suspensions soon and the Christmas period is not far away either.
    I would also like to get Hazard in for Fab, but can’t find a plausible option for that, so have kinda given up on that idea.
    I would love to change the Leicester lads in particular, but can not figure out a route for doing that, which I can justify i.e the other players are scoring well.

Any thoughts ??

Congratulations! Would love to be that far up in the league.

What about the following changes;
    Bertrand to Dummett
    Moore to Yun
    Albrighton to Boyd

Doubling up on Southampton defence is risky giving their run of fixtures. They might concede a goal or two but Forster can maybe pick up a saving bonus point if they do concede a goal.

Newcastle are getting their act together and are starting to keep clean sheets.

Yun is only £3.9m. Moore is maybe losing his place at Leicester.

Boyd a playing £4.4m and can free up £0.1m.

Some of those changes will free up some cash with all of their prices on the up.

Newcastle have three nice fixtures coming up but it's dreadful after that into January. All depends on your rotation plan until the Jan WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Wildcard in activation at the moment.....

Krul / Pantimillion

Chester / Duff / Taylor / Hutton / Wisdom

Hazard / ADM / Sterling / Siggy / Downing

Aguero / Costa / Austin

Reasons -

GK's - alternate well & keepers not raking in points in general for big spend.

Def - 5 cheapies who all gtd starters will do me to pick 3 from

Mid - Think ADM/Sterling combo will outscore Alexis/Chadli in the long run

Str - Aguero/Costa nailed on barring injury, Austin has a good run coming

Can alternate 2/3 of Siggy/Downing/Austin depending on fixtures & its good to have backup for late injurys/rotation issues.

Should be able to store a few transfers & see whats needed come late January WC time

• Registered Users Posts: 33,117 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdMMM wrote: »
    Surely Fabregas not making the trip with Spain is good news? Two weeks should be fine to heal a slight hamstring strain.
    Timewise it is better, but the fact that he is missing the Spain game confirms the injury is genuine, which with Mourinho you could not otherwise confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dice75 wrote: »

Krul / Pantimillion

Aguero / Costa / Austin

Reasons -

Can alternate 2/3 of Siggy/Downing/Austin depending on fixtures & its good to have backup for late injurys/rotation issues.

Should be able to store a few transfers & see whats needed come late January WC time

Concentrate on making money for the moment with the wildcard, follow the price changes thread to see how best to do this if you are unsure.
    I think you are nuts to prioritise DiMaria over Sanchez when you could so easily fit him in by abandoning your plan to rotate within your front 8, you are only setting yourself up for heartache in the long run with decision making each week.
    Not sure what the bit in bold means exactly.

Anyway concentrate on price rises and come back to us next week:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Current team :

Forrester

Bertrand
    Wisdom
    Baines

Sanchez
    Fab
    Siggy
    Chadli

Aguero
    Pelle
    Costa

Bench :
    Myhill
    Moore
    Albrighton
    Duff

Nothing in the bank.

Any thoughts ??
    I assume you're planning to ship out at least one of Forster+Bertrand soon? That would be a good way to generate funds. It also depends whether you're just looking for the 0.1m to do Albrighton to Boyd or want a bigger upgrade.

As i don't know how much you bought players for - these figures are rough:

but downgrade forester to Green - QPR have a couple of good fixtures coming up - example Leicister and burnley in 2 of next 4 games - Leicester haven't scored in last 4 games, while burnley have 6 goals all season - While QPR themselves are playing some great football. Guzan for villa has similar games as well. - That transfer should save you about .8 - which should be enough for you to upgrade fab to hazard.

Bertrand to Chambers would then free up another 0.7 - not a huge fan of the guy as he's a yellow card magnet but he's probably best of a bad lot.

Albrighton is losing you money so you need to get rid of him imo - you probably have enough for a 5m midfielder - but i'd probably just get boyd if i was you and bank the 0.6. Boyd plays 90 mins so you'll get 2/3 points off him if needed - which is better than the 0 you'll currently get from Albrighton.

Duff plays and keeps the odd clean sheet so would keep him, Moore seems to have lost his place, so at some stage should be dropped for cheap 90 min defender.

The 0.6 left over could be used to upgrade green in a few GW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dice75 wrote: »

Krul / Pantimillion

Aguero / Costa / Austin

Reasons -

I'd get Collins 4.5 as one of your cheapies.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yun of QPR. 3.9

I bought him last week for Bruce, he came in as a sub and kept Jaanmat on the bench for me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

L.S.F wrote: »
    I bought him last week for Bruce, he came in as a sub and kept Jaanmat on the bench for me! :(

thats why it's important to have your subs in the correct order, newcastle had a better chance than QPR of keeping a clean sheet (not hindsight remark), and so Jaanmat should have been before Yun on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Ace2007 wrote: »
    thats why it's important to have your subs in the correct order, newcastle had a better chance than QPR of keeping a clean sheet (not hindsight remark), and so Jaanmat should have been before Yun on the bench.

Yea didn't think the subs through to be honest, had Krul in net so rarely play the two Newcastle boys in the same game week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Miller82, you are doing brilliantly but you probably need a little surgery right now alright.
    You have two free transfers this week, from having a quick look what I would do is downgrade Pelle to Sakho, upgrade Fab to Hazard (assuming he'll miss at least one match) and change Moore for a playing defender with a good fixture next week as you won't be playing Wisdom (possibly Dummett??). It's a 4 point hit and you are losing a good striker but his fixtures are tough(unlikely to see double figures) and you are avoiding a further hit next week while hopefully picking up a clean sheet from your budget defender.
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    Congratulations! Would love to be that far up in the league.

What about the following changes;
    Bertrand to Dummett
    Moore to Yun
    Albrighton to Boyd

Doubling up on Southampton defence is risky giving their run of fixtures. They might concede a goal or two but Forster can maybe pick up a saving bonus point if they do concede a goal.

Newcastle are getting their act together and are starting to keep clean sheets.

Yun is only £3.9m. Moore is maybe losing his place at Leicester.

Boyd a playing £4.4m and can free up £0.1m.

Some of those changes will free up some cash with all of their prices on the up.
    Newcastle have three nice fixtures coming up but it's dreadful after that into January. All depends on your rotation plan until the Jan WC.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    As i don't know how much you bought players for - these figures are rough:

but downgrade forester to Green - QPR have a couple of good fixtures coming up - example Leicister and burnley in 2 of next 4 games - Leicester haven't scored in last 4 games, while burnley have 6 goals all season - While QPR themselves are playing some great football. Guzan for villa has similar games as well. - That transfer should save you about .8 - which should be enough for you to upgrade fab to hazard.

Bertrand to Chambers would then free up another 0.7 - not a huge fan of the guy as he's a yellow card magnet but he's probably best of a bad lot.

Albrighton is losing you money so you need to get rid of him imo - you probably have enough for a 5m midfielder - but i'd probably just get boyd if i was you and bank the 0.6. Boyd plays 90 mins so you'll get 2/3 points off him if needed - which is better than the 0 you'll currently get from Albrighton.

Duff plays and keeps the odd clean sheet so would keep him, Moore seems to have lost his place, so at some stage should be dropped for cheap 90 min defender.

The 0.6 left over could be used to upgrade green in a few GW's.

cheers for all that lads. much appreciated.

Very hard to figure out what should take priority.

The changes I am looking at are
    Forester to Guzan
    Albrighton to Boyd
    Moore to Dummet
    Fab to Hazard
    Pelle to Sakho

Bertrand – I think I will keep due to price hike on him and his ability to get forward

I have two free’s this week, so was thinking about breaking it down as follows :

Forester to Guzan
    Albrighton to Boyd
    Moore to Dummet…………4 point hit

Fab to Hazard
    Pelle to Sakho………… 4 point hit

Any further thoughts ? Is Fab highly unlikely to play this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭skippy15

cheers for all that lads. much appreciated.

Very hard to figure out what should take priority.

The changes I am looking at are
    Forester to Guzan
    Albrighton to Boyd
    Moore to Dummet
    Fab to Hazard
    Pelle to Sakho

Bertrand – I think I will keep due to price hike on him and his ability to get forward

I have two free’s this week, so was thinking about breaking it down as follows :

Forester to Guzan
    Albrighton to Boyd
    Moore to Dummet…………4 point hit

Fab to Hazard
    Pelle to Sakho………… 4 point hit

Any further thoughts ? Is Fab highly unlikely to play this week ?

I know you made money on bertrand, same with clyne myself. But from his next ten games i know clyne will be benched for me a lot and will drop in price. But least if forester moved on.
    again onward and upward we all want you to push on even if we are slightly jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

why on earth are people so hellbent on swapping cesc for hazard? until hazard actually starts consistently outscoring him, leave it be and make changes elsewhere.

why on earth are people so hellbent on swapping cesc for hazard? until hazard actually starts consistently outscoring him, leave it be and make changes elsewhere.

Better captaincy choice and a flat track bully. Fixture list coming up is kind and if he can start converting chances, he'll be the next explosion.

That's chasing lost points. Not a good strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Latest is Fab might very well be back for WBA too.

I've had him since week 1 and was going to keep regardless of news. The news i quite good though.

He is also one yellow card away from suspension too so that might be another excuse to sell!

I've had him for so long so I'm happy to stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Need to do something to arrest the slump

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

-=al=- wrote: »
    Latest is Fab might very well be back for WBA too.

I've had him since week 1 and was going to keep regardless of news. The news i quite good though.

He is also one yellow card away from suspension too so that might be another excuse to sell!

I've had him for so long so I'm happy to stick.

I firmly believe Mourinho was being smart to get him a rest.

I'd still have a slight worry he won't start him against WBA though, just to avoid it looking obvious. Although stuff like that hasn't bothered Mourinho before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This same argument could've been made and was made for swapping adm to sanchez a good few weeks back. It's a different way of playing the game sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This same argument could've been made and was made for swapping adm to sanchez a good few weeks back. It's a different way of playing the game sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah, and when you are taking player stats into account it's more than just a punt. Stats suggest Hazard (who has more shots in the box lately than Sanchez for example) is scoring less FPL points at present than he has potential to and statistically that is likely to rectify itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

I've wondered the same thing. I've had Cesc on my team since the beginning. Steady points.
    I can see why people may want Hazard (once he gets hot), but sub someone else, not Cesc.

Big Borg wrote: »
    I've wondered the same thing. I've had Cesc on my team since the beginning. Steady points.
    I can see why people may want Hazard (once he gets hot), but sub someone else, not Cesc.
    The true talent of this game is being good at figuring out when someone is going to get hot and go cold. The policy of getting rid when someone has had a few bad weeks and bringing someone in when he has had a few good weeks is safe, but will only take you so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Right, in a dilema. The current line up is...

Guzan
    Speroni
    ---Jagielka--Wisdom--Clyne--Williams--Duff--
    Sánchez--ADM--Downing--Schneiderlin--Siggy
    Agüero--Naismith--Costa

Basically, Naismith has to go. Have 0.9 in the bank, 1.0 if Downing goes up as expected tonight. The next top 3 players in my price range are, Sakho, Austin, or Ulloa.

Question, which one of them three on one transfer, or take a hit to get Berahino but at the expense of who.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Think getting fab out for hazard makes sense to me. Chelseas next period of fixtures are all against teams they should be winning and scoring 2/3 in each game, granted you never know what way it will go but looks that way. Iv had fab since gw1 and thought he was gonna be a season long keeper but the more i think about it the more i want hazard in my team. against the weaker teams i think hazard has a better chance of actually scoring goals and scoring more than once in a gw whereas fab is more of an assist maker and also think the weaker teams will prob target him as the man to stop on the chelsea team and try to mark him out of the game, so may in theory leave spaces for hazard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,157 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Right, in a dilema. The current line up is...

Guzan
    Speroni
    ---Jagielka--Wisdom--Clyne--Williams--Duff--
    Sánchez--ADM--Downing--Schneiderlin--Siggy
    Agüero--Naismith--Costa

Basically, Naismith has to go. Have 0.9 in the bank, 1.0 if Downing goes up as expected tonight. The next top 3 players in my price range are, Sakho, Austin, or Ulloa.

Question, which one of them three on one transfer, or take a hit to get Berahino but at the expense of who.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I'd be getting rid of Schneiderlin, too much for your sub imo...not sure what your selling price on him is but a downgrade to Boyd should get you 1m+!

You could also flip it around and do Naismith to someone like Zamora (to have as your sub in a 3-5-2). Then you could upgrade Schneiderlin to Chadli.

For your 1st Q: I'd fancy Austin with his fixtures.

Advertisement