Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laws that have no way of being enforced

• 08-11-2014 2:49pm
    Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

What's the point besides giving the Helen Lovejoy's in society a smug warm glow.

I've put the 3 kids in the back of the car & have purchased a pack of smokes for the first time in 6 years just to prove my point.
    On the way home I'll pick up a bottle of wine for my pregnant wife then I'll give the kids a good spank cause they're bound to do something wrong in the near future.

Alright, the last 2 aren't offences yet but soon could be.
    Utter time wasting nonsense to appease do gooders.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Fight the machine man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

So passive gasing and beating the children, boozing up the pregnant wife.

Its all their fault eh. Them do-gooders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

What's the point besides giving the Helen Lovejoy's in society a smug warm glow.

I've put the 3 kids in the back of the car & have purchased a pack of smokes for the first time in 6 years just to prove my point.
    On the way home I'll pick up a bottle of wine for my pregnant wife then I'll give the kids a good spank cause they're bound to do something wrong in the near future.

Bit of a sociopathic rant there - chill out man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I bought a bike on the bike to work scheme and then never went to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I agree.

That's why I am typing this at 200km/h while driving on the motorway with a glass of Captain Morgan in my hand.

I am on my way home to rape and murder the wife.

Stupid do-gooders and their pointless laws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Tzardine wrote: »
    I agree.

That's why I am typing this at 200km/h while driving on the motorway with a glass of Captain Morgan in my hand.

Well I just hope you're not hogging the middle lane Sonny. Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I bought cans in my local after 10pm, mad bastard that I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I step on the cracks in the footpath all the time 'cause I'm a rebel.SO THERE!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I have sexual relations with farm livestock, they won't tell anyone, they love me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

The one thing this thread has taught me is that the majority of ye have severe reading comprehension 'challenges'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People smoking in cars with kids in the back makes my blood boil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I did 102.5kph in a 100km zone earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That money was just resting in my account.

No way for them to prove otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I cycled on the footpath earlier......

......across five or six feet of one to get into my house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I agree.

What sort of animal drinks captain Morgan? You disgust me sir.

Mena wrote: »
    The one thing this thread has taught me is that the majority of ye have severe reading comprehension 'challenges'.

Sorry. I don't understand your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

osarusan wrote: »

I don't get this, you wouldn't be angry back in the 1970s as it was the norm.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

The first two aren't offences either

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

Having to have a full licence driver beside you at all times if on a learner permit. Fair enough for any other time eg going to the shops etc but what about when I'm driving to work or college!? What am I going to do.. Have a full licence driver sit in my car for 8 hours till it's time to come home again!?

Having to have a full licence driver beside you at all times if on a learner permit. Fair enough for any other time eg going to the shops etc but what about when I'm driving to work or college!? What am I going to do.. !?

Get a bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Patser

Get a bus

He wouldn't be allowed drive that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

I doubt anyone adheres to Ireland's age of consent law of 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Being trapped in a microwave makes my blood boil

I doubt anyone adheres to Ireland's age of consent law of 17.

They might look older. I have been caught out before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I agree.

Hmmmm... maybe I should report that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Having to have a full licence driver beside you at all times if on a learner permit. Fair enough for any other time eg going to the shops etc but what about when I'm driving to work or college!? What am I going to do.. Have a full licence driver sit in my car for 8 hours till it's time to come home again!?

I can see how that might be inconvenient for you but that law is absolutely enforceable. A driver on a learner's permit without a fully licenced driver in the car can be prosecuted for driving without a licence.

poisonated wrote: »
    Hmmmm... maybe I should report that...

Any particular reason ?

Any particular reason ?

It's very offensive.

• Advertisement

It's very offensive.

Maybe you could calibrate your tongue in cheek meter and read it again.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I can see how that might be inconvenient for you but that law is absolutely enforceable. A driver on a learner's permit without a fully licenced driver in the car can be prosecuted for driving without a licence.

How would you know ? You'd have no idea unless these was a checkpoint/accident.

I work with 3 learners who have to take down their L Plates as their only way to/from work is motorway.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I work with 3 learners who have to take down their L Plates as their only way to/from work is motorway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Talk about a cheap whine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The blasphemy law is pretty difficult to enforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

The blasphemy law from a few years ago. In fact, it seems to have been specifically designed so it could never be used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Today I did not stop at a stop sign....in your face society! !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have sexual relations with farm livestock, they won't tell anyone, they love me.

As long as it is the mutton and not the lamb no harm done, I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They must be very bad learners that can't drive on normal roads as there is always an alternative route to a motorway.

As long as it is the mutton and not the lamb no harm done, I think...

Is mutton dressed as lamb ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

No sympathy here. Driving is a privilege, not an automatic right. Find an alternative mode to get to work, drive on roads that arn't motorways with a qualified driver, carpool, drive on an alternative road, walk or cycle.

• Advertisement

No sympathy here. Driving is a privilege, not an automatic right. Find an alternative mode to get to work, drive on roads that arn't motorways, carpool, drive on an alternative road, walk or cycle.

You say it's a privilege and not a right but then go on to give him advice on how to break that law? L platers can't drive alone under any circumstances not just on motorways.

You say it's a privilege and not a right but then go on to give him advice on how to break that law? L platers can't drive alone under any circumstances not just on motorways.

To clarify: drive on a road that's not a motorway with a qualified driver. That's a given.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.imro.ie/faqs/i-want-to-use-music-in-my-business-but-i-refuse-to-take-out-a-licence-what-can-imro-do-to-stop-me/
    It is an offence under Sec 140 of the Act to infringe copyright by broadcasting, playing or performing copyright music in public without a licence to do so. The penalty on conviction is a maximum fine of €127,000 and/or imprisonment for up to five years.

And because the max penalty is five years you could make a Citizen's Arrest.

Ah jaysus. I won't be able to blast out the Lenord Cohen at the Summer BBQ no more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

How would a guard know if someone had a licence, is it?

They'd ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

Get a bus

Living rural

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

What about people smoking at home with kids in the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Living rural

Stop living rural

How does this work? If you crash and you are only holding a learner permit and don't have a fully licensed driver with you and/or L plates on the car then surely you will be ineligible for insurance? No? It could be very costly.

Are you serious?
    You'd have no idea that a driver is plastered drunk or off his head on drugs either unless he gets stopped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement