Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weights training

• 08-11-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am 22 years of age i am 5 foot 10 in height and 7.5 stone which i am aware is underweight. On top of trying to eat a lot more food high in carbs i have purchased dumbells and a weights bench so i can try to build muscle to help me gain weight so that i can look and feel better. The probem is i have no idea about weights training or how much i should be lifting or when to increase my weights. I want to focus on my upper body ie biceps,triceps,chest,shoulders,back and abs but i have no idea where to start or how many sets or reps i need to do or when to rest or how long to work out. Really i want to figure out a workout routine that will cover all of the upperbody and gain muscle as quickly as possible without killing myself. Taking into consideration my age height and weight can anyone help me ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I am 22 years of age i am 5 foot 10 in height and 7.5 stone which i am aware is underweight. On top of trying to eat a lot more food high in carbs i have purchased dumbells and a weights bench so i can try to build muscle to help me gain weight so that i can look and feel better. The probem is i have no idea about weights training or how much i should be lifting or when to increase my weights. I want to focus on my upper body ie biceps,triceps,chest,shoulders,back and abs but i have no idea where to start or how many sets or reps i need to do or when to rest or how long to work out. Really i want to figure out a workout routine that will cover all of the upperbody and gain muscle as quickly as possible without killing myself. Taking into consideration my age height and weight can anyone help me ??

Post in the Health and Fitness forum, lots of knowledgeable posters there on weight training.

At least two @Hanley and @COH run gyms. Plenty other posters there to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Google Starting Strength, read the book and then begin

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Why are you just focusing on the upper body ?

Advertisement