Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a surfboard SUP

Options
  • 08-11-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I thinking of building a SUP as a winter project. I have been researching online and watching youtube and all methods uase strips of wood glued together, mostly balsa. The problem is I can't find anywhere that supply this wood in Ireland.

Does anyone know where I can source this or any other wood that's suitable?

Anywhere that does strips of wood 6mm to 10mm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

Nowhere does any balsa in Europe suitable for surfboards plus for enough wood it is super expensive

Easiest method is to buy a block of eps and shape one then glass it

I machine shaped a few for people as project earlier this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kadam10

glide wrote: »
    Nowhere does any balsa in Europe suitable for surfboards plus for enough wood it is super expensive

Easiest method is to buy a block of eps and shape one then glass it

I machine shaped a few for people as project earlier this year

Thanks Glide

Did you get full block or glue a few together to get full length and depth for rocker?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

Hot wired it from a block

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kartoonhead

plenty of kits available on the would you not go down that road

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kartoonhead

all the kits though are state side though and you would be saddled with import duty bumping up the cost let know if you are goin ahead with your project

• Advertisement
Advertisement