Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler loosing water

• 08-11-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I live in an apartment and have gas central heating. The water in the boiler needs to be topped up at least every 2 weeks. I know when it needs to be done by the pressure gauge on the boiler. There is no sign of a leak anywhere, Is it air getting into the system somewhere? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭embracingLife

boiler is leaking water internally. Probably heat exchanger leaking, the water is then evaporating out through the chimney so there is no sign of water dripping out of boiler.
    If its the heat exchanger,which it probably is, it will need to be replaced.

Get a RGI plumber to fix boiler.

btw, what make of boiler? some that are notorious for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Could also be a faulty expansion vessel . Check how high pressure rises while boiler is in use . Also check outside for a discharge pipe and see if it's letting out water .
    As above , post make/model of boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

I have had it serviced a few months ago but this has been ongoing. It's a heatline compact boiler, I've been told there fairly crap boilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I have had it serviced a few months ago but this has been ongoing. It's a heatline compact boiler, I've been told there fairly crap boilers.

It could be any of the above or a tiny pinhole in the cylinder coil either. Did you check the pressure relief pipe outside? What does the pressure rise to once the heating has been on hm for an hour?

Advertisement