Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iTube App.

• 08-11-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Just wondering if any could clear up some confusion I have with regard yo the above app?
    It appears to say that you can listen to music and watch videos through the app offline.
    I've downloaded the app but that feature doesn't seem to work. I would have thought that you would have needed to be able to download a music video for example first and then watch it offline but there doesn't appear to be any download feature in the app.
    Am I right I wonder in what I'm saying?
    It seems strange as it specifically says that you can watch/listen offline.
    Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lauracx

johnire wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Just wondering if any could clear up some confusion I have with regard yo the above app?
    It appears to say that you can listen to music and watch videos through the app offline.
    I've downloaded the app but that feature doesn't seem to work. I would have thought that you would have needed to be able to download a music video for example first and then watch it offline but there doesn't appear to be any download feature in the app.
    Am I right I wonder in what I'm saying?
    It seems strange as it specifically says that you can watch/listen offline.
    Thanks folks!

When you add a video to your playlist and play and watch it, the bar at the top when you first play the video the Orange bar should start to run till the end. Only when the Orange bar is at the end you can watch it offline!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi there.
    Many thanks for the reply.
    I know I must appear as a complete eejit but what you are describing isn't what I'm getting on iTube.
    There are tonnes of music videos to watch. There is a star on the video allowing you to add to your favourites but there is no orange bar at the top like you describe. There is a normal progress bar at the bottom but that's it.
    Any idea what I'm missing here?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lauracx

johnire wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Many thanks for the reply.
    I know I must appear as a complete eejit but what you are describing isn't what I'm getting on iTube.
    There are tonnes of music videos to watch. There is a star on the video allowing you to add to your favourites but there is no orange bar at the top like you describe. There is a normal progress bar at the bottom but that's it.
    Any idea what I'm missing here?
    Thanks!

It's okay! It's quite hard to explain. When you first watch a video, the progress bar at the top should start to turn orange slowly as you watch the video! It's like on you tube where you have a dark process bar and a grey bar going ahead of the red bar to the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

I think I read somewhere that YouTube have recently stopped allowing downloading of videos by third party apps. So I don't think it works in itube anymore.

This is in advance of YouTube enabling the feature in their own official YouTube app next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

• Advertisement
Advertisement