Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

replacement logbook for northen motorbike help

• 08-11-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi can anyone tell what way i would get a log book for a bike my first problem is the bike is currentley on northern ireland plates so i know i will have to pay €50 to clear the bike.

But how do i got about getting a logbook im in the republic so will i need to ring the dvla in the north or can i fill out an affidavitt form down here and send it to the local tax office

I bought the bike from a guy in dublin he bought it in the north to use and register in in the south and never used it and lost the logbook for it and has since moved to the uk for work so ive no way to contact him anymore

the bike isnt stolen ive had it checked out already

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

jeeez thats a mess..... first port of call would be to shannon, if the original seller told dvla in the north that it was exported then it wont be on their system other than marked as exported...... what bike is it? is it worth getting an irish frame and log book from an irish breaker and swapping them over?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nick1984

i know its a bit messy alright......yeah was going to give them a ring monday i dunno if it was ever exported from the north if they were ever notified or just brought down and left here and they were never notified.....its a liffan 125-30 there an import from japan kind a bike ya build in a box pretty much... i got the bike very cheap its a 2007 i checked the details out on the bike and its reg...these are very scarce to find in the south i only ever found 1 on donedeal also a 2007 bike so finding one down here with a frame and book would be like looking for a needle in a haystack

Advertisement