Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprise trip to NYC for partners 40th, help?

Options
  • 08-11-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

I am hoping to book a surprise trip to new york for my partner 40th next March. Am looking for some hotel recommendations?

Also how many days should I book to get to do all the main sight seeing? Would prob only need 1 extra day for shopping .

Will be paying for it all myself and as its a but last minute decision all money saving advice really appriciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

LauraM87 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am hoping to book a surprise trip to new york for my partner 40th next March. Am looking for some hotel recommendations?

Also how many days should I book to get to do all the main sight seeing? Would prob only need 1 extra day for shopping .

Will be paying for it all myself and as its a but last minute decision all money saving advice really appriciated.

Thanks

Hotel Pennsylvania opposite Madison Square Garden seems to be the cheapest and most convenient. It's not extravagant or fancy but not bad either. You can also get self catered accomodation in Woodlawn for $50 each per night. It's about 40 mins away from midtown.

I would say give yourself three or four days to see all sights, all depends on how well you plan in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Heathererer

LauraM87 wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks

I'd recommend staying around the lower east side. It's an easy subway ride from midtown, but far enough away that you're not in the middle of all that chaos. It's also close to Little Italy, Chinatown, and SOHO, all of which I recommend visiting. There'll be a lot of nice shopping around there!

My friend and I recently stayed at The Blue Moon Hotel which was once an old tenement building. It was nice enough, though nothing fancy. A good place to stay if you're going to be out and about more than staying in.

Something nice to visit is the High Line on the west side. It's completely free and the views are incredible. There is usually some kind of event going on as well.

The Skint has great daily updates for whats going on around the city. Check it out!

I wanted to post links for you, but the site won't let me. Sorry about that!

Hope you have a great time!

Advertisement