Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is an "Apt" and an Isolator?

Options
  • 08-11-2014 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me what an Apt yoke is, it has a Timer on it? And an Isolator on / off switch, what's that for? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Can someone please tell me what an Apt yoke is, it has a Timer on it? And an Isolator on / off switch, what's that for? Thanks.

It's a timeclock either for your heating or for an immersion heater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Apt is a brand of timer, usually a 24 hour timer. An isolator is exactly that, a way of turning off and isolating a fixed appliance. Both are normally used together for your heating system, to control the boiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I was wondering about my Shower. It's through Oil-Heating alright, but I've noticed there's a pull-cord which does start up the Shower and wondered if there'd be any chance of it being electric.... It just seems to send out only cold water though, last electric shower I had I remember when ya put it on it was hot instantly. Unless there's something elsewhere in the house that I need to switch on or activate for it to turn to hot water. Would those switches / timers by any chance have anything at all to do with heating the electric shower or are they just to do with Boiler Heating?

Had thought that pull-cord might be a fan or something as there's no fan that comes on with the light but pulled the cord today and I turned on the Shower and it started up the water! The Immersion was off like. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I was wondering about my Shower. It's through Oil-Heating alright, but I've noticed there's a pull-cord which does start up the Shower and wondered if there'd be any chance of it being electric.... It just seems to send out only cold water though, last electric shower I had I remember when ya put it on it was hot instantly. Unless there's something elsewhere in the house that I need to switch on or activate for it to turn to hot water. Would those switches / timers by any chance have anything at all to do with heating the electric shower or are they just to do with Boiler Heating?

Had thought that pull-cord might be a fan or something as there's no fan that comes on with the light but pulled the cord today and I turned on the Shower and it started up the water! The Immersion was off like. :confused:

Good god please don't type as if your having a conversation with one of your track suit mob. Proper English please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

:( What did I do?! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

:( What did I do?! :(
    Absolutely nothing, please ignore Luckysasha.
    Luckysasha wrote: »
    Good god please don't type as if your having a conversation with one of your track suit mob. Proper English please
    Unless you are going to post something useful to the OP, please refrain from making any comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

What's the model of the shower? Sounds like its a pump shower rather than a Triton t90 or similar instantaneous shower so the water will need to be heated before you use it. The apt timer will operate your oil - heating.

Advertisement