Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging item at a different store to where it was purchased

Options
  • 08-11-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyone know if I'm exchanging something in Dunnes Stores (not faulty, just change of mind) do I have to go back to the same store I purchased it in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Don't think so. AFAIK once you have proof that you bought from an Irish branch I'm pretty sure any other Irish branch will accept the exchange if it meets the normal exchange criteria. You might have a problem if you bought from a non-Irish branch and tried to exchange it here. You can also exchange online purchases for in-store purchases. As always there may be restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭petecork

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Don't think so. AFAIK once you have proof that you bought from an Irish branch I'm pretty sure any other Irish branch will accept the exchange. You might have a problem if you bought from a non-Irish branch and tried to exchange it here.

thanks, yes I have the receipt from today, and its an Irish branch, so I'll try my local store tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

For change of mind you are relying on the store's goodwill, they are under no legal obligation to give you back your money at all. So bear that in mind and also bear in mind that not all Dunnes Stores branches carry the same stock so it's possible that you could go back to a store that never stocked that item in which case it would be perfectly reasonable for them to refuse to deal with you. The larger branches like St. Stephens Green and Cornelscourt would pretty much carry everything, smaller branches would have a subset of the stock of the largest stores.

Advertisement