Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careless grand-parents with pills around kids

Options
  • 09-11-2014 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,491 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well it depends on where you are. If you are in the grandparents' house then it is your responsibility to keep an eye on children. Also depending on the age and mental state of the grandparents it is not reasonable to expect them to change what might be, to them, an essential routine.

If the grandparents are fit enough to be in your house, then yes, they have a responsibility to look after their medication.

So, ins spite of the fact that you are only making nudge nudge wink wink noises instead of posting something that could lead to a useful discussion, it depends on the age of the children, the state of the grandparents, which house you are talking about, etc. And yes, I have experience of both sides of this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

The OP has been deleted, but I'll give you my take on this. My OH's mother has always got pills lying around, as well as all sorts of other stuff that would be harmful to my son if he got his hands on it. So, when he's in her house, I watch him like a hawk. I actively follow him around as he's mooching and take him away from danger. It's her house, she has no obligation to babyproof it. I have an obligation to make sure he's kept safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement