Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crumlin Hospital Referral

Options
  • 09-11-2014 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My daughter has recently been referred from Tallaght hospital to Crumlin hospital for a plastic surgeon consultation and I'm just wondering how long the public waiting lists are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Looong, best thing to do is actually ring and enquire about waiting times. Their outpatients number is awful, cuts you off after being on hold for nearly 10 minutes. Best to ring the switch and ask to speak to secretary of the dept you need and don't mention it has to do with appointments. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tried to post this before, maybe it wasn't approved ..

Anyway , my daughter was referred from Waterford to the plastic surgery dept in May 2013.
    She had her consultation in June 2014 and is due her operation at the end of this month!

It's just a small birth Mark removal so maybe some cases are seen faster than that.

I will say though on the day of the consultation I was nervous as we were travelling from the south and I had visions of being stuck there all day waiting (like we were in Waterford) but our appointment was bang on time the surgeon we met with was very nice and there was no messing or waiting around.

Best of luck with your experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Best off ringing the secretary's for the plastic surgeons public clinics and asking their wait times as they can vary from year to year. Sometimes it depends on how severe the issue is too.

I've never had a problem getting through to OPD in Crumlin...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jaflynn

Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it. I'll try ringing tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to give me an idea. My little one has trigger thumb, probably not classed as urgent but I'd love it if she was seen before she starts using buttons and zips and all those sort of things. Thanks again

Advertisement