Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presonus StudioLive

Options
  • 09-11-2014 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've had to create a new username as my previous incarnation got ****** up.
    Anyway my problem is with the Fire-wire on my Presonus 24:4:2 Studio-live. I only got it recently (adverts) and the Fire-wire was functioning (Capture) using Mac-book. I think the problem may have occurred as I was trying to get the software working on a tower PC I have at home.
    The only way I can think of of checking bits out is if someone has a similar Studio-Live that I can connect my Mac-book to just to check software connectivity is working ok. I know the fire-wire is ok on the Mac as I plugged a fire-wire disk into the port.

Also if someone has a Macbook with UniversalControl installed that could be plugged into the mixer to check. I'm in Dublin 8 but I will travel to try and get a proper handle on where the problem is.
    This is a big problem for me at the moment as the recording facility of the mixer is kaput.
    Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in anticipation

Chris

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Your mixer doesn't have one of those funky requirements for a particular type of FireWire connection does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dean Court

nope...standard 400 type cable

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

Hi Dean,
    I have the 24 4 2. I use it with both MacBook and PC. I have found that when changing from one to the other I sometimes have to 'upgrade' the firmware (although it seems to just re-install the same version!). Back Up your Scenes etc first then try that. Also when I upgraded to Mavericks I couldn't get the UC to work on my MacBook. Upon uninstalling and re-installing it worked. Hope this helps !

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

the cable .... sometimes pro audio interfaces take a dislike to certain FW cables - try a high quality one?

Advertisement