Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Songs and scenes from films that give you goosebumps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Hopefully no spoilers ITT.

I think my all time favourite would have to be LOTR - bridge of khazad dum. Was also used in the Man of Steel trailer, a movie which also has a great soundtrack.

4:50 onwards. Absolutely incredible!

2:50 onwards, goes absolutely perfectly with the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

In Platoon when Alyas almost makes it back to the helicopter but doesn't.
    I still turn my head away for that bit.

Edit
    I've given up trying to add a video using my phone, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

Goodfellas, the refrain from layla playing as the camera pulls up on the Cadillac......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sunshine has these two awesome scenes with beautiful music. Powerful stuff:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Darby O'Gill and the Little People when it seemed the cat was going to kill King Brian Connors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Another LOTR one, in Return of the King when the beacons are lighting between Minas Tirith and Edoras, the swelling music and the gorgeous scenery was just spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

The new Hobbit trailer is pretty spectacular:

Brings me back to the excitement of the LOTR days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

This at the end of Michael Collins. The footage from his funeral and the music make me very emotional. Really powerful piece of music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

For some reason they've sped it up, but I always thought this scene was pretty epic:

Another one from Sunshine:

And of course:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

flazio wrote: »
    Another LOTR one, in Return of the King when the beacons are lighting between Minas Tirith and Edoras, the swelling music and the gorgeous scenery was just spectacular.
    That was amazing on the big screen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

In world war z, the scene in Jerusalem when the people are singing and playing drums celebrating reaching safety while the zombies make the human pyramid on the other side and then spill over.

The fifth element, when Lelu finds the entry for war while researching human history and almost decides we are not worth saving.

Run Lola run, first time I saw it I found all the little snapshots of the lives of the people they run past on the street very powerful, considering it was a whole life summed up in three seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

In 'It's a wonderful Life', after George meets Clarence and goes to Martini's Bar - when Mr Gower (the pharmacist) comes in, and everybody makes fun of him before roughing him up and throwing him out....I thought it was incredibly poignant, and almost ahead of it's time cinematically, where Mr Gower seems to laugh along with those poking fun at him, seemingly (I thought) hoping they would stop. I love that film, but that particular scene makes me...uncomfortable, I think. I don't know why.

Also, the last ten minutes or so of Schindlers List - the graveyard scene. Absolutely, incredibly poignant for many reasons. If you've seen it, you'll understand. Goosebumps and ALL OF THE TEARS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This scene from "Gravity". When I have depressive episodes I feel *exactly* like Clooney's suggestion here, the kind of escapism where you withdraw to a happy place where "there's nobody here that can hurt you" - the idea of being able to go into space, turn off the radio / comms / whatever and be truly and completely alone to brood is strangely appealing.

I'd imagine there are others who go through these spells who'd relate to what I'm talking about? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

There's a few but one of my guilty pleasures is:

• The whole Emma Thompson/Alan Rickman thing
    • The Colin Firth bit
    • The Keira Knightley non love affair with whatisname
    • The Martin Freeman thing

I know its all kitsch;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Don't watch this if you want to watch the film - its a great film

Would also say the opening scene in The Searchers is incredible as is the cinematography throughout the film. Likewise the Pool scene in The life and Death of Col Blimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Friday Night Lights (movie) amongst the chaos that is the final game, the dad and the running backs embrace on the sideline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Shyte at links but the end of the movie Seven gave me goosebumps!!!!......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Not a film but I'm going to mention this anyway, maybe the best scene from battlestar galactica, the score for it was that of a masterpiece composed by bear mccreary, this particular scene is maybe the most dramatic in the entire series, the music kicks in at 33 seconds but suits the nature and context of the scene very fittingly, hope the embedding works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Not a film but I'm going to mention this anyway, maybe the best scene from battlestar galactica, the score for it was that of a masterpiece composed by bear mccreary, this particular scene is maybe the most dramatic in the entire series, the music kicks in at 33 seconds but suits the nature and context of the scene very fittingly, hope the embedding works.
    Here's the link otherwise http://youtu.be/CwLZke5KeOs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

This scene always stood out from the very first time I seen blade runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

So eerily beautiful, moments of the film run through my head as this plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

While they took the mick with all the sequels that followed - the first Saw film is brilliant and the theme tune is exceptionally goosebumpy
    Rubbish with links though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Shyte at links but the end of the movie Seven gave me goosebumps!!!!......

Yep."Will somebody please call somebody" coming in over the swat team comms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The final suicidal charge in "Gallipoli" 1981. Knowing they are doomed and it ll be for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Also...Deborah's Theme from Once Upon A Time in America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

INK Soundtrack

Time - Inception

Man On Fire

Bubba Ho Tep

LOTR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

The Mist.... The bloody ending of that film!

Kills everyone he loves but there aren't enough bullets for him so he just sits there and cries... Few seconds later up pulls the army with salvation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Road to Perdition shootout

Rohirrim at Pelennor Fields

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

The film Mysterious Skin has some very powerful scenes. It really is a very underrated film, although the subject matter may be a bit too much for some people. The soundtrack is brilliant as well, although I'm a huge Shoegaze fan so would be biased. Definitely a must watch IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The ending from Midnight Express is another fantastic one. Great scene and soundtrack. I found out years later after reading the book that this is not how it actually ended. Still great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Kills everyone he loves but there aren't enough bullets for him so he just sits there and cries... Few seconds later up pulls the army with salvation
    !

Emmmm...I think someone needs to use spoiler tags ffs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Kills everyone he loves but there aren't enough bullets for him so he just sits there and cries... Few seconds later up pulls the army with salvation!

I found it sort of funny tbh, completely different from the book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

At the end of Brokeback Mountain, Ennis opens his closet and we see the two shirts hanging on a hook under the postcard picture of the mountain .... Ennis straightens the picture and touches the shirts and then says, "Jack, I swear...

gets me every time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I know it's not a movie, but the series did intimate and cinematic without sweating

Everytime I see mob rule or witchunts in the real world, I think of this scene.
    What other show would allow a 5 minute speech from one actor.

The actor wrote it himself too, and received a standing ovation afterwards.

Heavy spoilers obviously. Sums the series to that point.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Not films, but if you want goosebumps, connect a surround sound system up and run one or more of these videos with the volume set to a good level.

They're Andre Rieu in one form or another, but the atmosphere of these events is simply amazing.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Probably my favourite David Lynch scene!

works better within the context of the movie though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dr conrad murray

Pyridine wrote: »
    Emmmm...I think someone needs to use spoiler tags ffs!!!

In fairness that film came out in 2007, if you haven't watched it already then there's a high chance you're not going to!

Apologies anyway.

Macavity. wrote: »
    I found it sort of funny tbh, completely different from the book!

I read the book, don't ever remember the ending though.

The film was just weird... 3 characters from The Walking Dead 3 years before it even went on tele too!

Conspiracy methinks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement