Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Songs and scenes from films that give you goosebumps

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

At the time, when i was 16, the final scene from Fine Left Foot (including the music) which we were watching in English class for the leaving cert, put me in a right mood for the mid term break, enough so to design a decent amateur website as happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

thelad95 wrote: »

Anyone who likes this movie and Will Smith should watch Seven Pounds. Although, don't expect a feel good movie like TPOH. Will Smith can be a great actor when he chooses the right parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The beginning of City of Angels, when Nicholas Cage's character is there to meet the little girl who is dying, and bring her to heaven, gives me goosebumps. Also the scene when all the angels are standing on the beach. The song from the same movie , Iris, The Goo Goo Dolls , also gives me the shivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

This scene always stood out from the very first time I seen blade runner

I was gonna post this one too. what is that music in the background for that scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEwYM7SUESQ

In the Valley of Elah - Flag Scene - luv dat Annie lennox finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I was gonna post this one too. what is that music in the background for that scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The scene were the couple are stabbed by the lake in Zodiac. No flashiness, just pure realism. Seriously disturbing.

I actually felt angry/empty after that, knowing that's almost exactly for sure what happened and where it happened in reality, Fincher is manical about details.

The worst "best" horror scene I've ever seen and it's not even in a horror film. Just thinking about your post makes me shiver.

The below one had me screaming internally,
    get the ****, get **** out now, now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dandy Dandridge

Gannicus wrote: »
    Any of the rocky movies but the one that give me the most goosebumps is this:

(especially the last 60 seconds)

That has no equal. Thank you for posting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The escape scene from Shawshank.

And then of course the wonderful ending.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

this has always given me goosebumps ever since seeing in the cinema it as a wide eyed boy all those years ago......

superman/planet krypton theme..... (at the start of the movie)

The docking scene from Interstellar was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Taking a different look at this thread, here's a striking scene from 50/50 which gets me every time.

I'd imagine many people can relate to the film (family member and cancer).

Genuinely have no problem saying I've teared up for this one many times. Great film too and a beautifully worded song to go with this scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

callaway92 wrote: »
    Taking a different look at this thread, here's a striking scene from 50/50 which gets me every time.

I'd imagine many people can relate to the film (family member and cancer).

Genuinely have no problem saying I've teared up for this one many times. Great film too and a beautifully worded song to go with this scene.

Excellent movie. Didn't tear up much as I was more pissed off about obvious parts of it but it definitely hits home.

An underrated, or at least unknown, movie that did make me full on cry was Seven Pounds. And it's funny because the first time I watched it I wasn't too into it and thought it was only okay, but the second time I watched it it hit right in the feels.

Seven pounds spoiler:
    the scenes with woody harrelson...they were hauntingly upsetting. Even just thinking about them feels bad. Adds to the story perfectly though, he remained calm and was a really nice person which paid off big time in the end.

Yeah Seven Pounds was actually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Santino 'Sonny' Corleone getting whacked in the Godfather is a great scene, reminds me of real instances such as Vincent Coll being lured to a phonebox or Joe Gallo being seated in front of the door by an undercover mob member posing as a waiter in Umbertos clam house in Little Italy NY 1972 (revenge for the shooting of Joe Colombo.). Lure them in and shoot them like fish in a barrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'm an innocent man and I'm going out the front door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jake LaMotta/De Niro boxing to the Intermezzo from Cavelleria Rusticana in
    "Raging Bull"

If anyone can put a clip, please do.

Happy to do so! One of my favourite classical pieces although have never seen Raging Bull :o
    Listening to it now and have goosebumps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Also this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Two consecutive scenes really, from the end of Kramer Versus Kramer....cry every single time, including when i went looking for this clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

magma69 wrote: »

SPOILER ALERT

Cinematic bliss. So epic. The greatest movie of all time imo.

Spoilers
    I don't know, I always thought the opening scene, waiting for the train, and what comes after is incredible, but even that takes a back seat to every scene where the normally good guy Henry Fonda gets to play the best bad guy on any film ever, the ruthless Frank, and the best of these is where he slaughters the family, and puts one in the little kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Unbreakable, when Bruce Willis finally realises Samuel L. Jackson has been his nemisis all along. Every time - goosebumps!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The scene where HAL is gradually lobotomised in 2001 is very affecting, but the one scene in movies that gets me every time is the scene near the conclusion of The Iron Giant, as he makes a decision to be more than a gun, and be Superman, wonderful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

One of the few pictures that have made my eyes leak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

deliverance , the blind boy playing the banjo scene , pure classic

Advertisement