Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time frame for closing bank sale

Options
  • 09-11-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi guys

I'm quite aware every case is different but I am just wondering if any of you have bought a house off the bank and in what time frame. We are sale agreed on a property since the 1st of October. Deposits paid surveys done and everything in order. As it is a bank sale my solicitor has told me to expect a "slow transaction" and can give me no indication until contracts are received.

Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Have a look at the negative equity thread here. If its a clean bank sale, ie the bank has already taken repossession it could be up to 6 months or so. Its much messier if the bank hasn't taken repossession.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 simpson80

thanks for the reply. I looked through that thread and that's what made me worried!! was expecting 6 months and I checked out before paying deposit that it was a clean sale and the ea said it was directly from the bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

It shouldn't take 6 months if the bank has taken possession. The only delay in getting your contracts could be simply down to volume in the solicitors office. If the property is in receivership or is in possession of the bank the solicitor for the bank will have the deeds already. What ever paper work needed such as court orders, deeds of surrender and deeds of appointment are already in place. The banks want their money as quickly as possible and the thing im finding of late is that the only things holding up transactions are stuff like getting NPPR receipts and LPT ID numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In mu experience, EAs always tell you it will be a clean sale. Believe nothing unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Bought a house through nama, took ten months, never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 simpson80

thanks for the replies. Yeah I am weary of the ea already as he doesn't seem very likable or helpful but hopefully he was telling the truth and things move swiftly

Advertisement