Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Romas, Naas

Options
  • 09-11-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody been yet?

went to one many yrs ago in Cancun and the ribs were superb, hopefully the standard follows its way here

Its located in that graveyard location where many restaurants have fallen victim over the years

Hoping to go in the next week or so, so will post up my thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

was just going to ask the same question if anyone had been yet.

Yep that location does seem to struggle a wee bit!

Passed that way the other evening on the way to the Tapas Bar, which is now in its new location - but as always great food and atmosphere.......

Dying to know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hows the Tapas Bar? Is it just Las Rada relocated or new restaurant altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It's Las Rada relocated across the road from it's old spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

where is the Tapas place now?
    And what's Tony Romas?

where is the Tapas place now?
    And what's Tony Romas?

Tapas Bar is a few doors down from Indie Spice

Tony Romas is a Steak/Ribs/Seafood restaurant, its a chain, think from the US. Their baby back ribs are superb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

went to tony romas in vegas last year and loved it so visited the one in naas last week.

Naturally it was a bit more expensive than the US (20 euro for a ribs meal approx). The decor is really nicely done. Staff very welcoming and attentive took the time to explain the different ribs and sauces.

The food was really nice had the ribs with fries. Desserts nice also.

A man I assume was owner / manager was also there and greeted everyone and went around every table to check all customers were happy so fair play to them the effort is being put in anyway!

be interesting to see do they survive though as that location seems to be bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

wasn't impressed

went in @ 6pm on a Saturday and there were plenty free tables but you have to an upstairs bar with a timer and when it goes off after about 20\30 mins you go downstairs to be seated. I guess this is to make you by drinks and it worked :pac:

When down had a starter between us which was tasty then waited and hour for the main while at least 30 staff were walking around the place, one desert between us and 2 classes of wine, espresso came to €90.

Reckon it would be good a group party in no rush to go anywhere.

went in yesterday evening about 5pm
    We only ordered mains and desserts
    FOR:
    Main courses all round were excellent. 3 had the ribs and one had a burger. I had the medallions & rib combo with the honey sauce and was very good
    All adult soft drinks are free refills
    AGAINST:
    Desserts were 6/10, maybe a 7 so a bit disappointing
    Agree with last poster, lots of staff twiddling thumbs and long waits for food. At the front door they had one person opening and closing the door and 2 more standing at the desk greeting people. Also others walking around with not a lot to do until food is ready.
    I think issue is getting the food out quicker than what they are currently managing, you cant fault the floor staff if the food is not there to bring out
    They were always asking if everything was ok and if we had enough and asked if we wanted our free refills
    We had about a 45min wait from taking order to food arriving

when we left about 6:30pm it was very busy
    also as mentioned its not the cheapest which could be its downfall. There are a lot of very good restaurants in Naas with equally as good food but you wont pay Tony Roma prices. People will come in and go there cos its new, will the continue, I dont know.
    I will certainly go back as I love the ribs there and I'm also interested in their steak, but if I was getting steak now I would go to Trax every time

Lets see, hopefully they stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Myself and the gang went in today. The kids had a burger and chicken tenders with fries and they were fine. Chips could have been a bit hotter. I had the ribs and the steak and herself had shrimp and ribs. My ribs were small but very nice and perhaps too much sauce on them but they were nice. The little steak pieces were perfectly done, no complaints there. However the other ribs were just plain bad, meat should flake of them, the missus was sawing them with a steak knife and gave up. She also said the shrimp batter was not good and she didn't have them. I plan to write to them to explain my experience as I REALLY want them to do well, I have been looking for a steakhouse to go to Naas for over 10 years now ... we will try them again in the hope it was a once off.

gflood wrote: »
    I have been looking for a steakhouse to go to Naas for over 10 years now ... we will try them again in the hope it was a once off.

i still think Trax is the only place to go for a decent fillet in Naas, never been let down in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Tried to go last night....place was repossessed...looked like people left in a hurry lots of umbrellas etc there.

Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Does that mean its gone?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

No way.

Had a look on their Facebook, said it's just temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

id say it is...
    those notices on the door seem to say the landlord believes they have a right ( legally )to take it back..
    cant see it ending well so...
    closed 10 days now

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

The sign on front door said landlord had claimed repossession allegedly due to unpaid rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

In this weeks Leinster Leader the owner says the restaurant will re-open "in a short space of time".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

brian_t wrote: »
    In this weeks Leinster Leader the owner says the restaurant will re-open "in a short space of time".

Still no sign on movement, is it gone?

I saw on the TR facebook that a woman called May Frisby is involved, is the same woman who was on the news whinging about the couple of hundred quid restaurants in Dublin have to pay to take over the footpaths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Still no sign on movement, is it gone?

I saw on the TR facebook that a woman called May Frisby is involved, is the same woman who was on the news whinging about the couple of hundred quid restaurants in Dublin have to pay to take over the footpaths?

Still no update - anyone know anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

As far as I remember the same lady was in some contraversy a few years ago when she insisted that new staff in her Dublin restaurant work for no pay during their probationary period.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

if it reopens it will be a surprise..
    gone now quiet a while and no apparent activity- i pass it daily
    a4 signs still in window

• Advertisement
Advertisement