Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M and S veg range?

Options
  • 09-11-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone has experience of the M and S veg range?
    Are all dishes vegetarian or would any be vegan? just trying to think about what I'll do for christmas as I'll be at either my mam's or boyfriend's and want to have something someone can cook easily as don't want to eat meet.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

They have a good few veg things and they're ok if you're stuck for something or don't feel like making anything. There's nothing there though that you couldn't make yourself easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

They aren't all even vegetarian! At least one of them has Parmesan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭purethick

I used to buy their minestrone soup a bit (not sure if it's vegan btw) and was less than impressed when they added bacon to it about a year ago. The label looked identical to how it had always been but if you looked closely you could see "and bacon" bit was written in small writing at the bottom.

My point is that you have to keep a very close eye on their labels as they are liable to change without any significant indication.

Their spicy lentil & tomato soup is nice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The M&S vegetarian range has improved a lot in recent months.

There are some really nice additions to the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

On a somewhat related note, they've been doing some fine-arse veggie jellies the last while....ironically, they come in pig shapes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

They have a load of new veggie jellies, i had some cherry colin the caterpillars last week. yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

the veggie percy pigs have beeswax in them so aren't vegan afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

on the subject of M&S, the dark chocolate bar has a warning that goes something like: "not suitable for people with cow milk allergies due to manufacturing method used", anyone any idea what that might mean??
    It doesn't have any milk in the allergy information

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

BMJD wrote: »
    on the subject of M&S, the dark chocolate bar has a warning that goes something like: "not suitable for people with cow milk allergies due to manufacturing method used", anyone any idea what that might mean??
    It doesn't have any milk in the allergy information

that is a bizarre one! It's on the same factory line as other milk products maybe

Advertisement