Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax S7-A Steam Mop + free accessory kit €49.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

anyone have an old confirmation email from a store in Dublin that they can send to me even if used ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I have an old reservation no for pick up by Sat night. Picked one up thanks to kind board's member so if u want one for Galway pm me. You should be able to get it at €37 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

RubyGirl wrote: »
    I have an old reservation no for pick up by Sat night. Picked one up thanks to kind board's member so if u want one for Galway pm me. You should be able to get it at €37 aswell.

sent u pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Back up at 50.
    Not quite the bargain of 38 but still.

Loads of stock everywhere

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1224603/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX.htm#tab3

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Can these be used on Laminate flooring i notice it says hardwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Can these be used on Laminate flooring i notice it says hardwood?

Looks like they can:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

I'm using it on laminate seems ok so far. Don't know how I lived without it was my best buy ever for €38 and also got the free accessory offer http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2574273/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX.htm when I bought it and that alone was over €50.00 was out of stock when I picked up my mop but girl wrote on receipt that I was owed it and I kept an eye online and reserved and picked up no problem.

Thanks op for posting sad but I love my steam mop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Was up there with purchase/value of the year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Back up to 75 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

redarmy wrote: »
    Back up to 75 now

It is indeed, but I used link above to see and was brought to the 49.99 price and was able to reserve it at that!! Not sure if they will honour it but going to try!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

they should, kick up a stink if they don't

That's the plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

polydactyl wrote: »
    It is indeed, but I used link above to see and was brought to the 49.99 price and was able to reserve it at that!! Not sure if they will honour it but going to try!!

just collected one from limerick @49.99

I reserved for ordering in when it was reduced the last time and the free accessory offer too it took a week to come in and was gone back up to €99 and they gave me it for the price I reduced at.

• Advertisement

Got three of them this morning for myself and various family members who all randomly mentioned buying one in the sales. 49.99 with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

One has the accessory pack included, the other you can buy if for half price.

One has the accessory pack included, the other you can buy if for half price.

I still don't get it.

The one that's 74.99 comes with a free accessory pack.

The one that's 49.99 allows you to buy the accessory pack at half price (usually 50.99)...

But I got the one that's 49.99 yesterday, and everything that's in the accessory pack is already included in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

I still don't get it.

The one that's 74.99 comes with a free accessory pack.

The one that's 49.99 allows you to buy the accessory pack at half price (usually 50.99)...

But I got the one that's 49.99 yesterday, and everything that's in the accessory pack is already included in the box.
    Yep, the missus reserved one yesterday picked it up today from athlone vaX S7 pro with all accessories and tools. Gone up to original price today for those without reservation

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Yep, the missus reserved one yesterday picked it up today from athlone vaX S7 pro with all accessories and tools. Gone up to original price today for those without reservation

Still 49.99 here:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1224603/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX+S7-A.htm

And this is the one I got that comes with all the accessories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

When i try check stock to reserve, its coming up with error! This happening anyone else? Don't know if it's the site or my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

amor3 wrote: »
    When i try check stock to reserve, its coming up with error! This happening anyone else? Don't know if it's the site or my phone!

its the site happened to me this morning but 3rd time trying it worked

Still 49.99 here:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1224603/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX+S7-A.htm

And this is the one I got that comes with all the accessories.

That is the one I got before Xmas and I also got the accessory set free worth over €50:)

Anybody use there one yet? The steam is coming from the sides of mine and I've done what the instructions indicated. I've also felt the floor straight away and its freezing. My floors all now smell really bad! Have to use my old mop to try get rid of the damp dog smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Mine works fine ,once the blue micro fibre pad is in place properly,haven't used mop and bucket in weeks...and it's so handy for a quick clean .
    We did get a smell like you described on the first couple of uses,but we figured out it was because the steam mop was lifting all the grime up from grouted areas between tiles and the groves on the wooden floor.
    We moved a piece of furniture in sitting room over the Xmas and you can see the huge difference between cleaning with a regular mop and the steam mop.
    We have cleaned taps ,shower doors,oven and even the curtains .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

whats it like on upholstery, chairs & sofas ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Have not tried on sofa yet but did do a bit on the carpet where the child had spilled juice ,cleaned the juice ok ...but now we have a super clean spot in middle of landing :D
    Our son has bad asthma and I use it to deep clean his room floor,skirting boards ,mattress and curtains .
    If using on sofa I would go very light for first go.

harr wrote: »
    Mine works fine ,once the blue micro fibre pad is in place properly,haven't used mop and bucket in weeks...and it's so handy for a quick clean .
    We did get a smell like you described on the first couple of uses,but we figured out it was because the steam mop was lifting all the grime up from grouted areas between tiles and the groves on the wooden floor.
    We moved a piece of furniture in sitting room over the Xmas and you can see the huge difference between cleaning with a regular mop and the steam mop.
    We have cleaned taps ,shower doors,oven and even the curtains .

Did the steam come out the sides? I've read the troubleshooting and it says to unclog it with the tool provided, bit it wasn't clogged at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I used mine on a sofa in the playroom that's had dribbles/drinks etc spilled on it. Didn't really clean them to be honest, might be ok for new stains but they were there a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Does the €49.99 model come with free accessory pack? Can't seem to see it online if so. Is there any difference between it and €75 model

• Advertisement

mjp wrote: »
    Does the €49.99 model come with free accessory pack? Can't seem to see it online if so. Is there any difference between it and €75 model

Mine did. While i was at the till i was asked if I'd like to purchase the accessories kit for 25 euro extra. I said no but when i opened the box at home it had them included!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

mjp wrote: »

i picked one up today for family member and was told the accessory pack was out of stock to come back friday that if it wasnt in they would refund me the price of the pack which is 24e i think so weather of not i get it ill be happy

Same here. Accessory Pack was inside the box of the 49.99 one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

amor3 wrote:
    Did the steam come out the sides? I've read the troubleshooting and it says to unclog it with the tool provided, bit it wasn't clogged at all.

ya steam comes out from sides for me when using on the floor.....but is it a an issue as i find it normal !!

tharmor wrote: »
    ya steam comes out from sides for me when using on the floor.....but is it a an issue as i find it normal !!

I don't really know to be honest! The steam is hot coming from the sides but where I've mopped is freezing ( I've felt the floor straight away ) the troubleshooting guide at the back of the book says steam coming from the sides is an issue with the system being blocked and to remove the head and use the unclogging tool. Also the 2 lights come on when i press the on /off button and stay on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

amor3 wrote:
    I don't really know to be honest! The steam is hot coming from the sides but where I've mopped is freezing ( I've felt the floor straight away ) the troubleshooting guide at the back of the book says steam coming from the sides is an issue with the system being blocked and to remove the head and use the unclogging tool. Also the 2 lights come on when i press the on /off button and stay on!

well in handheld mode the steam comes ok so i guess nothing is clogged....and yes my surface is hot !! And steam comes out from the side of the PADS !! I think its the excess steam which escapes.....but if no heat on floor then thr is problem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Up to €62.99. Knew I should have bought one before Christmas. We have a steam mop, so was reluctant to buy another, but ours drives me mad as the porcelain tiles in the kitchen are soaking after using ours. Presume the tiles are dry (or almost) after using this if I go buy another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Presume the tiles are dry (or almost) after using this if I go buy another.

Yes, there is little residual moisture left behind.
    Though I suppose that depends on usage style , I try not to hold the steam trigger for too long.

Surfaces are dry to the touch within 5 mins.

(One of the reasons I was impressed by the product)

After I use ours, I end up having to dry the floor, so the tiles are always streaky. I leave the laminate floors dry naturally once the kids aren't around, but the tiles look dreadful if I leave them dry on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Picked one up yesterday with a reservation from the 31st. Last one in Dundrum I believe. 49.99 with the accessories in the box.

Was asked to pay new price of 62.99 but showed them the reservation at the lower price and they honoured it.

I must say the staff in Dundrum were excellent.

Is this the same one does anyone know? On Price Spy it's coming up as the S7. If so, then I'll nab it at this price. The next best price is €59.99.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/steam-carpet-cleaners/vax-duet-master-steam-stick.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

what are the chances of that accessory pack ever being in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clueless_k

Bought this before Christmas for 37.99 and I've got to say its a great buy. I've used it loads. Tiles, carpets and shower doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Guys if you got accessories in the original box the accessory pack is just the same thing and I wouldn't worry about it at all as there's no real need for it, other than taking up more space in your home and using up more of the worlds resources ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

cormie wrote: »
    Guys if you got accessories in the original box the accessory pack is just the same thing and I wouldn't worry about it at all as there's no real need for it, other than taking up more space in your home and using up more of the worlds resources ;)

or save you buying replacements!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

The accessory pack does have some extra bits, like a larger window blade, can't remember exactly what else but it is worth getting. However, I was told back when I got mine that it was now a discontinued product and would not be restocked.

It's took 2/3 weeks checking everyday for me to order two accessory packs in for collection. Worth picking up as spares and few extra bits in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

God I love you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

Scottie99 wrote: »
    God I love you!!

Even my teenage son asks if he can go "Steaming"!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Just starting to use mine now but I'm struggling with removing the attachment bit at the base to swap over and back to mop. Does anyone else find theirs very difficult to remove ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement