Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax S7-A Steam Mop + free accessory kit €49.99 @ Argos

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

caycro wrote: »
    Just starting to use mine now but I'm struggling with removing the attachment bit at the base to swap over and back to mop. Does anyone else find theirs very difficult to remove ?

Yep very I just use a spoon to press the button in. I love it though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Scottie99 wrote: »
    God I love you!!

Thought you were cleaning your roof for a few seconds there :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Aldi selling vox mop for €50 on 15th jan thursday only offers !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

tharmor wrote: »
    Aldi selling vox mop for €50 on 15th jan thursday only offers !!

Not sure what model that is but it looks like a cheaper version IMO.

Also missing a lot of the accessories with the Argos version.

It does appear to have some sort of temperature control though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Thought you were cleaning your roof for a few seconds there :P

Edit: On my phone the picture comes upside down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

whats it like on car upholstery? does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Hi lads, just wondering if my VAX is working properly or not!

So on kitchen floor tiles, it's leaving streaks after drying. I was washing tiles today and I put my hand under the mop and it wasn't that hot at all. Plenty of steam coming out the sides but no real heat coming through the mop pad. I could easily touch it.

Shouldn't this be scalding hot through the pad, at the moment it's more like a warm cloth on the floor, and whilst it's ok, it's useless if leaving streaks on a kitchen floor. My old mop with a bucket of hot water is far more effective and I don't think this should be the case!

Anyone else having similar issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Hi lads, just wondering if my VAX is working properly or not!

So on kitchen floor tiles, it's leaving streaks after drying. I was washing tiles today and I put my hand under the mop and it wasn't that hot at all. Plenty of steam coming out the sides but no real heat coming through the mop pad. I could easily touch it.

Shouldn't this be scalding hot through the pad, at the moment it's more like a warm cloth on the floor, and whilst it's ok, it's useless if leaving streaks on a kitchen floor. My old mop with a bucket of hot water is far more effective and I don't think this should be the case!

Anyone else having similar issues?

Yep, i posted the very same thing a page or 2 back. I am not a big fan of mine at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe this is why these are so cheap???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Brought back my 3rd Vax s2 (just keep dying) to Harvey Norman last week, they swapped it for this seems much better and the handheld is a huge bonus.

Is fairness if you do buy it from Harvey Norman they will give you a new one no questions asked within 2 years of purchase.

• Advertisement

there now selling a hoover steam cleaner for the same price

is it a better one than the vax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Do these come with an attachment so you could clean car seats?, kiddies have made a mess with the back seat of mine and this sounds like just the job.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

fryup wrote: »
    there now selling a hoover steam cleaner for the same price

is it a better one than the vax?

Not many reviews of this online as it's relatively new. It is 300w less powerful than the vax one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

any sign of accessories? i have to claim within two months. will argos just say tough luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

This VAX stem cleaner is hugely reduced in Argos - €99.99 down from €299.99 (per Argos).

Would this be any good? Our house is all wooden floors or tiles upstairs & down, no carpet. Can be a pain in the ass washing floors as I tend to do the whole house in a go, would this make life easier?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2468688/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I don't have that model (got the original one in this thread) and all our downstairs is wood/tiles and am finding it great for the floors. So much easier than normal mopping, I do the floors much more often and then you can use the handheld for other little things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Sunny Dayz wrote:
    This VAX stem cleaner is hugely reduced in Argos - €99.99 down from €299.99 (per Argos).

It was on sale for €89.99 previously so the price has increased !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

jaysus - is this thread still going ? The aul steam cleaner is working just fine after 2 months of ownership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

jaysus - is this thread still going ? The aul steam cleaner is working just fine after 2 months of ownership

still no accessory kit though :(

• Advertisement

just started using mine today,

can someone tell me what the 3 striped pads are for? and what the light blue pad is for?

also is there any indicator to tell when you're running low on water?

instructions are a bit vague

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

fryup wrote: »
    just started using mine today,

can someone tell me what the 3 striped pads are for? and what the light blue pad is for?

also is there any indicator to tell when you're running low on water?

instructions are a bit vague

light blue one is for windows and the stripped ones for floors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭daveyb2

can anyone who knows about these things tell me what the difference is between these two S7 mops? Is the extra e28 just for the accessory pack or is there something more fundamental? Does anyone know if they are both 2 in 1 (i.e hand held and upright)? Its not clear whether the one for 51 is only upright?
    THanks

Vax S7-AV Upright Steam Mop. 345/9830
    €51.99

Vax S7-A+ 7-in-1 Total Home Master Steam Cleaner. 122/4603
    €79.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

slight diversion - anyone had a problem with the S86-MC-C losing steam power? Check your water levels - bring the water down to about half a tank and it should work fine. It seems that overfilling the water effects it quite badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Another word to the wise , buy hard water filters for your mop. You're supposed to change them every 3-6 months.
    I bought a different model in argos last year that was greatly reduced. Turns out however as its older it's impossible to find filters for it as they don't make them anymore, the only place selling them is a market place seller on amazon that wants more than the mop cost for 1 plus delivery!!
    So buy the filters now while they're reasonably priced as the mop eventually stops working if you dont change them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

is that only if you live in a hard water area, yeah? How often would you need to be using it to qualify for the 3-6 month timescale I wonder?

Advertisement