Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite remediation

Options
  • 09-11-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had their house undergo pyrite remediation and if it was done privately?

We are thinking of getting the work done as no one else is going to fix it for us. I'd just like to hear people's experiences, such as how long it took and the costs involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Have you been in contact with the Pyrite Resolution Board yet?

http://www.pyriteboard.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

BMJD wrote: »
    Have you been in contact with the Pyrite Resolution Board yet?

http://www.pyriteboard.ie/

Yes. There criteria for qualifying for help are very strict. Even if you prove that you have high levels of pyrite with a significant they will not help unless your property is already showing structural damage. So you have to wait until your house is falling down before they will even put your name on a waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Yes. There criteria for qualifying for help are very strict. Even if you prove that you have high levels of pyrite with a significant they will not help unless your property is already showing structural damage. So you have to wait until your house is falling down before they will even put your name on a waiting list.

Not true.

You need to have a Category 2 damage rating to qualify for the scheme and you don't have to prove you have Pyrite-they know what estates are affected.

You get the damage condition report done by a chartered engineer from the list of approved engineers on Engineers Ireland website. Remediation for some of my clients starting in Feb 2015.

Advertisement