Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanium wedding rings cork

Options
  • 09-11-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of Jewellers in Cork that do Titanium wedding rings?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Milly33

strangely enough Argos has them.. Not badly priced either. We were looking at the ones in Mahon Point only at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Just heard yesterday that tiatanium rings can be a serious health risk. They so strong, they are impossible to cut through, so if for some reason you get into an accident and need your ring cut off, they can't, so you would need your finger amputated. I know someone who has had a titanium ring for years and is now getting it changed to a palladium one as a result. Worth bearing in mind...

Ah you could just take it as a reminder that you are married if it happened.. Only messing wouldn't be very nice, had heard about it a few times alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hkapeman

Ya heard that. Bit of a myth, only Aircraft Titanium is that strong and rings aren't made from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

My husband's ring is made of Tungsten Carbide, cheap as chips, harder than titanium and is a lovely ring. Every fella who has seen it loves it, especially the weight in it.

• Advertisement

pooch90 wrote: »
    My husband's ring is made of Tungsten Carbide, cheap as chips, harder than titanium and is a lovely ring. Every fella who has seen it loves it, especially the weight in it.

Cool. Where did he get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

This is the one he got, it was more expensive than most as it has a white gold inlay in the middle.
    He got measured in a jewellers and ordered it. True to size.

http://www.titaniumkay.com/PANTERE-8MM-Tungsten-Carbide-14K-White-Gold-Inlay-Wedding-Band-P103967.html

Bit of a risk getting it online but it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

My fiancee said that Nevilles in the Wilton Shopping Center have Titanium wedding rings, have not checked it out myself, but will do it asap as I am looking myself into titanium.

Hey guys,
    Found a great selection in H Samuels on Patrick's Street. Titanium, Tungsten, Cobalt and even ones with inlays of other metals. Got exactly the style I wanted and it all came to €150.

Great thanks for the update... best of luck with the big day

• Advertisement
Advertisement