Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 faulty after 2 months, keeps ejecting disc

Options
  • 09-11-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

has any of you who own a ps4 had this problem?
    i bought the white ps4/destiny game package and am starting to have this problem consistently now with my games. it will just suddenly exit mid game and eject the disc. it will also wake up from being turned off at random and start ejecting any disc. i have found a short term solution to fix this is to plug out for a few mins but it doesn't last long. also i saw on internet id you manually slide off the top cover and tighten the manual override disc eject screw it fix's it, but when i tighten the screw it just continuously turns and turns so that doesn't work. can anyone give me advice, i only have it 2-3 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Put cardboard, or anything really, under the four corners of console so that the base of console is t least 1cm off the table its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

What?? I dont want to wait two months. Where did you buy it? I think its a hardware priblem so i dont think cardboard will do the trick but will try anything at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Nodferatu wrote: »
    What?? I dont want to wait two months. Where did you buy it? I think its a hardware priblem so i dont think cardboard will do the trick but will try anything at this stage...

It is a hardware problem; afaik the Eject button is slightly under the console and its so sensitive it thinks its being pressed by the table it is on. Thus, having it a cm or so above its base will stop it being "pressed". This has worked for some, me included, so its worth a shot at least. Let me know how you get on.

i rang sony this morning, after waiting 30 mins , i got through to a nice lady who helped me, she got me to power up the console but keep holding the power button for 10 seconds until 'safe mode' came up, i then clicked option 5: reboot system. it basically restarted within 15 seconds (saves and data were not affected). it seems to be working now... its very early days so i will have to give this a while and see but its only few months old so warranty is still good.

i got a reference code so if it doesn't work i can bring it straight to gamestop and they will replace with new console for me so they told me this morning.
    gamestop will replace the console no problem so long as i get a return code from sony, you have to have the return code otherwise gamestop would NOT replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just after getting your problem. Did the safe mode fix work?

• Advertisement

Just after getting your problem. Did the safe mode fix work?

it seemed to work.. but i didnt take the chance, i got a return code from sony and took it back to gamestop and they swapped the machine to a brand new one for me there and then once i had the return code from sony. new machine is working grand. no problems now.

Thanks for the update. Think I'm going to leave doing anything until after the holidays and might get it sorted then. I'd be sickened to be without it over the holidays, particularly when I have Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition put away for myself.

Since that happened I've been keeping my console in rest mode rather than shutting it down. That way I can give it a better chance of the problem occurring again, a sort of a stress test.

did you try what i did. go into safe mode and select option 5.

as far as i know its a patch that messed them up.

where did you buy it?

My option 5 is Rebuild Database.

I presume you might have picked Initialize PS4?

I bought it in Argos, early last December.

Advertisement