Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer 3935 Laptop Screen Problem

Options
  • 09-11-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have an ACER Aspire 3935 Laptop, see here for details:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/Acer-Aspire-3935-744G25Mn---13-3in-Laptop-review

Fitted an SSD drive and installed win 8 recently which worked fine but then the screen decided not to work. Its an LED type screen. Its a damn shame because with the SSD drive it really flys and is a nice laptop. There is no sign of life at all from the display its completely dead.:mad:

I'm currently using an external Monitor to work with it.
    Have tried the following steps:
    - Checked the screen properties and can't get an output to the display to work.
    - Tried the 'Fn + F5 buttons to change the output.
    - Completely dismantled the machine and re-seated every cable/connection.
    - Checked all cables for signs of damage, nothing visible.

I have a question, when you open the lid of a laptop how does the screen get activated? Is there some sort of switch on it? If there is maybe this is faulty?

What are my options?

Thanks Guys.
    Kavs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 myrscossie

sounds like it could be something to do with the ssd and sleep mode have read people having problems with it before did you try putting the old hard drive back in , on most laptops there is a magnet behide the bezel (screen surround) sometimes around the webcam as far as i know the magnet acts as a switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

,don't think that's it, screen did work for a time with the new SSD, currently its working perfectly with an external monitor plugged in with the lid either open or closed.

You could be on to something about a magnet in the bezel, maybe I moved something in the chassis (metal) when I opened it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 myrscossie

Try this Unplug the power, remove the battery and then hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. Then reattach the power and attempt a boot worth a try.

Advertisement