Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-traditional wedding dress

Options
  • 09-11-2014 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello! I'm on the hunt for a wedding dress! Have only been to four places so far, but feel like what I'm seeing is very similar, except for one place. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm looking for, but I don't want anything very traditional. Can anyone recommend somewhere that has dresses which are slightly different, without being too different?! I'm looking for white, champagne or ivory. Nothing too fussy. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭fits

Vintage bride in Dublin. Frilly frocks in Drogheda. Both had lovely less traditional styles.

What kinda height and shape are you?

if I had a bigger budget, I would also have visited the likes of Sharon Hoey and myrtle ivory

I searched online and found the shops who stocked the designers I liked. It was a good strategy as I saw lots of lovely things. The likes of Charlie brears, Joanne Fleming, Sabina Motasem, house of mooshki,

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadAngel

Thanks a million! I'll take a look now. I'm about 5'6", size 8. Seems a boat neckline suits me so looking mainly at dresses with that neckline now!

Pinterest and lovemydress.net are good resources to find designers you might like.

I tried on a sleeveless version of this. It was awesome!!!! boat neck.
    http://www.houseofmooshki.com/our-dresses/jacqueline/

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I got mine in lilac rose in limerick. I found her dresses to be non traditional but still bridal which us nice http://lilacrose.ie

I also tried on a good few maggie sottero beaded dresses which were gorgeous and definitely different do take a look at some if hers. Only thing is she has do many dresses that lots of the, are very traditional looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 share bear

Also got mine in Lilac rose. Fab shop with different but stunning dresses. Not a massive selection, but i actually preferred that. Very nice clean layout in shop which meant you could actually see each dress, and not a meringue in sight.

The dress line I went there to see was Eliza Jane Howell ( which wasn't what i ended up getting, but they were gorgeous ) Anabel Rose in Dublin also stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Adorn bridal is a favourite of mine and I think pretty varied. I second the vintage bride recommendation :)

Advertisement