Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options
  • 09-11-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. Myself and my partner have been looking for properties close to my home place but there are none on the market at the moment. There is a site on my mothers property and we're considering building if nothing comes up soon. I'm wondering what it would cost to build a 1200 sq ft house. It wouldn't require complete finishing as I'm a cabinet maker myself and could do a lot of the carpentry and fitted furniture myself. Floor and wall tiling I would also be able to manage and a good friend is a block layer and I could labour to him and a plasterer. I'm really considering going down this route as I realised don't want to live in a town or village. I was born and rraised out in the countryside and couldn't imagine living anywhere in.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

By far your biggest hurdle would be the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations (BCAR)...what you are outlining is a self-build...under BCAR, self-build has virtually been outlawed!

Have a walk through this sub-forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1626

Advertisement