Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese takeaway in drogheda

Options
  • 09-11-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

Since the decline of Woks Cooking we've been using Peony and find it very good.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ming Garden all the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Tango for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Noodle box or Paeony.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Golden bowl but kitchen legend deserves a mention for it's €5 chicken curry & rice/chips!

• Advertisement

Yi Garden beside Laurence's Arch is lovely IMO. Didn't go near the place for years because from the outside it doesn't exactly look enticing, but their Chinese food is the best I've tasted in Drogheda (haven't tried Kitchen Legend yet though) and notably their deep fried shredded chicken w/ sweet and sour is the best I've tasted anywhere.

Good prices, deals and service too, can't fault the place really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

golden bowl very hit & miss ....sometimes good, sometimes awful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Kitchen Legends

Curry dishes for 5quid which is awesome.
    The general zao's chicken is to die for. Succulent pieces of chicken in a sticky honey and soy sauce with a bit of veg (I think??) I don't normally like Chinese but dish gets me salivating like a wild animal.

its also consistent. That's hugely important as there are so many places that blow hot and cold with quality day on day. I hate it when sauces go from non existent to half a litre of runny water or spice from non existent to blow your head off. Makes me think I'm going mad since you'd think ordering the same dish would typically provide the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Having used several in the area over the years we recently started using Ming Garden and it's head and shoulders above the rest!

gipi wrote: »
    Tango for me!
    Always great food in the restaurant but their takeaway is awful! Hard to believe it comes from the same kitchen.

Advertisement