Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel

Options
  • 10-11-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Looking for a hotel round for one night between 15th and 19th December for next year 2015

Getting the parents tickets for a show in the 3Arena, so anywhere in the city centre or along the red line would be brilliant. They're from the country and not used to the city at all so it would need to be close to the 3Arena or close the a stop on the red line.

Trivago won't let me book this far in advance so I'm relying on the good people here. Anything around 3 star would do, needs to have breakfast, and under €120 if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Right beside it....The Gibson

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Gibson Hotel right beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd be very, very surprised if you could get a room at the Gibson Hotel for 120 quid, the week before Xmas, when a show is on at the O2. Jurys Inn just up the road on Custom Hse Quay could be an option too, if the Gibson is booked out, or is too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Check out the Maldron on Cardiff Lane as well. Just across the river from the 3 Arena, about a 15 minute walk.

Not in the city centre, but you might want to consider the Red Cow Hotel. My parents stayed there a few months ago (also from the country), and found the Luas easy to use. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel to the Luas stop (it has a specific walking route from the hotel so you can't really go wrong), about 30 minutes from there to the 3, and it stops right outside.

Edit: Just had a quick look, you can get a double room at the Gibson for 16/12/2015 for around the €120 mark.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The North Star across from Connolly Station does €109 with breakfast included.
    Fairly old-fashioned (stayed there myself a couple of years ago) but not everyone likes the glass and mirrors of the Gibson (though they do have HUGE showers).

You should be able to book direct with the hotels this far out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gibson with breakfast is €144, slightly off budget

North Star is perfect, they'd be arriving by train so can't do much better than that. Thanks Spurious

Advertisement