Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secondary teacher job sharing

• 10-11-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I'm thinking about job sharing next year. Can anyone tell me the percentage of wages l'll receive on 11 hours? I've heard it's more than 50% but want a slightly more accurate idea so l can work out whether it'll be financially possible.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

If you want the exact figure you need to do it yourself. Find 50% of your gross salary using your point on the scale plus any allowances you're entitled to. Then calculate your tax, usc, spouse and child, prsi and any other deductions you make. Factor in the tax credits that you're entitled to. Divide by 26.09 to find fortnightly pay. Compare this to your current pay check.

Otherwise, it's roughly 60-65%.

You come out with more that 50% because you're not paying as much at the higher rate of tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SweetP1

60-65% is what l was looking for. I'm useless at working tax etc. out (easy knowing l don't teach maths!) but will give it a go! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I was told that you get 5/8s of your full salary but someone who is job sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SweetP1

Thanks solerina, that works out roughly the same as 65%. Now to do my sums and see if we can afford it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

SweetP1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking about job sharing next year. Can anyone tell me the percentage of wages l'll receive on 11 hours? I've heard it's more than 50% but want a slightly more accurate idea so l can work out whether it'll be financially possible.
    TIA

I used something like this to work it out for us but it was a bit different as it was for public servants http://download.pwc.com/ie/budget-2015/ you might also pay a smaller percentage of PRD depending on your salary. For me (in 2014) it worked out as 60% of my net salary if taxed as single and 68.5% if taxed as married with both working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

would anyone be able to tell me if teachers that are job sharing have to go back on full hours for at least one year before they can retire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

gavwaldo wrote: »
    would anyone be able to tell me if teachers that are job sharing have to go back on full hours for at least one year before they can retire?

Not as far as I know, we had 2 people retire in recent years who were job sharing for their last few years anyway.

Advertisement